ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Interesting away game confirmed: Keenessaw State

If it turns out they are a top 100-135 NET team then that is exactly how it should be done.
I think the schedule complaining is way overblown, but why would they be a top 100-135 NET team? They were most recently in the mid 200s and that is the best guess for where they would be next year. It is likely a Q4 or at best bottom Q3 game.

I'm sure there is a reason for this game but on the surface (and from a pure schedule perspective without any ulterior motivations) it makes little sense.

Reactions: RAC93
Your response is all over the place. Take a breath.

Playing this game has future recruiting benefits’
That makes sense. That also had nothing to do with the original post of “this game is a perk for Ace”.

I’ve never complained about NIL but I know many others have so I’ll chalk that up to blindly painting with a broad brush.

Again, being afraid of Q3/Q4 on the road hasn’t been brought up at all.
Nobody is afraid of this game. Actually quite the opposite and it seems many feel even a win won’t provide much benefit.
A lot of this was not directed at you, I used the wrong quote.

I am frustrated that people on this board are so negative about everything. Pike has a plan and some kill him on everything he does. I do not care if he needs to play a game at Don Bosco to make Dylan happy.

God forbid we discuss playing a game at the Mecca of Basketball (MSG).

Since this game is on the road it could be a Q3 win on the road if they play well and stay above Net of 240.

Last edited:
This is what they used to do in the RPI era of at large bids to pad their road/neutral record resumes in the 80s, 90s and 00s because a road win by 20+ vs a losing team is better than a single digit win at home to around 0.500 team even today.

Dylan and Ace are not losing to Kennesaw State. Grow a pair. Your perception of our team next year is flawed. We will be the Alpha , must see TV. You cannot schedule St. Mary’s home of the blind forever. If it turns out they are a top 100-135 NET team then that is exactly how it should be done.
Grow a pair, lmao. I’ve said for years that Pike is afraid to play good teams. You grow a pair by playing real teams on the road.

Last edited:
Doing the Dean Smith thing !

Like it a lot !

Will be terrific for the family and friends of Ace and JMike to see them close to their homes !

Also - we better win the game ! 😂
Guess who is the 2nd best rated player in my league's free agent pool?

I'm having nightmares of Nick Honor and losing to Fordham at Rose Hill...

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

Reactions: ScarletDave
Would Ace have not committed unless we assured him we would play this game?
That seems like an extreme demand.

This is like HC Schiano signing a $4m/year contract and getting an additional $5k/year clothing stipend.
Was HC Schiano not signing if he had to spend his own money on clothes?
I could be wrong, but I think pike tries to do this with all out of state players? Didn’t he schedule a game in Canada for Eugene? It’s a nice gesture.

This is a homecoming game of sorts for Davis, too, who graduated from the same high school as Ace. Yeah, Davis was in Chattanooga before that - maybe 90 minutes max up I-75 from KSU.

Grow a pair, lmao. I’ve said for years that Pike is afraid to play good teams. You grow a pair by playing real teams on the road.

I understand the complaint about pikes scheduling but the reasons for this game (on the road near the home of two players) APPEARS to go beyond scheduling cupcakes. Personally I’m ok with it

Reactions: Scarlet83
Too much discussion on something that doesn't really have much program impact .What really matters is recruiting a center that can provide assistance to Bailey and Harper in winning at least 20 games and finish at least sixth in the B1G Ten rankings.

Both. 100% both. And I dont think it’s limited to Georgia - think he’s signaling to top recruits, come to RU, and well try to get a game in your home town for all your friends and family to enjoy.

Was just thinking the same thing. I highly doubt it was a contingency but wouldn’t be surprised if pike said he would try to get a game like this for him.

If so pike followed through and delivered.

Can only assume that helps not only with ace but maybe pays dividends down the road (pike shows he will make reasonable accommodations for top recruits).

Reactions: RUGiddy777
1. I want cream puffs early in the year before we are good (or at our best)
2. Nice gesture getting this game for Ace and JaMike....not to be an a$$, but those who don't understand what separates Pike from many others....this is part of it.
3. Going on the road real early in the season isn't a bad thing
4. I like winning

I don't want a coach growing a pair. i want a coach who builds an optimizing schedule.

Let's grow a pair and build a monster schedule and lose games while we figure out the best rotations or have Pike flat out guess and finally figure rotations out when we are 15-12 with tough games left.

Reactions: RUGiddy777
2. Nice gesture getting this game for Ace and JaMike....not to be an a$$, but those who don't understand what separates Pike from many others....this is part of it.
4. I like winning
Sorry, but does anyone really think this game tipped the scales in anyway? It was about money from start to finish along with establishing Ace’s pre-NBA brand in a major media market. This game does nothing for us. We really need to dispense with the sentimentality in today’s CBB environment.

Reactions: bac2therac
Sorry, but does anyone really think this game tipped the scales in anyway? It was about money from start to finish along with establishing Ace’s pre-NBA brand in a major media market. This game does nothing for us. We really need to dispense with the sentimentality in today’s CBB environment.

No offense but I am going to trust pikes judgement on this over yours (or frankly anyone’s on this board). If pike thinks this is good move for some reason I’ll take his word for it. Way too much overthinking in this thread

I certainly can’t imagine this “tipped any scales” but if he did this as some type of gesture towards Ace and he thinks it was a good idea to do it. Then I’m ok

No offense but I am going to trust pikes judgement on this over yours (or frankly anyone’s on this board). If pike thinks this is good move for some reason I’ll take his word for it. Way too much overthinking in this thread
Can’t argue against the formulas. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pike, have met him a few times. I think he’s a great rep for our University and just a great person. Unfortunately that doesn’t necessarily align with what we are dealing with now. Let’s just go down there and blow the doors off them. If not, it’s a failure. No offense taken BTW.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
I don't want a coach growing a pair. i want a coach who builds an optimizing schedule.

Let's grow a pair and build a monster schedule and lose games while we figure out the best rotations or have Pike flat out guess and finally figure rotations out when we are 15-12 with tough games left.
You were saying…

that was my 1st thought.

My 2nd thought....Anyone have a back of their mind thought about what happens in our history when we schedule games to appease players?

HINT: Bob Lanier RIP
This wasn't scheduled to appease anyone, some of you guys really need to get outside and touch some grass...lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Eagleton96
They are leaving the ASun for Conference USA. Not sure if its next year or the following

4. I like winning
lol 1994 is calling,

That sentimentality could be how Pike built this program.

last year is calling opening with Princeton and Pike thinking he can have Griffith out there defending a team like Princeton and we are down 30-5 before the season even started (exaggeration).
The Ugly Truth of that game, 61-68.
Gavin was a -23 in 13:15, 14-37
Gavin Off +16, 26:45, 47-31

Starters Noah, Derek, Hyatt, Gavin, Cliff
4-12(-8), 15:51, Gavin sub out
Rutgers FG 2-5, Princeton FG 5-9, Reb 1-6

18-18(+8), Gavin subs in 8:35
Rutgers 0-1(2FTs), Princeton 2-2, Reb 0-1
20-22(-2), Gavin subs out 7:18

26-25(+3), Gavin subs in 3:03
Rutgers 1-5, Princeton 3-3, Reb 3-2
28-32(-5), Half