ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fan driving up from Dover, DE.

golfinghawkeye

Redshirt
May 14, 2004
My wife and I are driving up from Dover on Saturday. What is the best parking options for the day of the game? We plan on getting in around 0930 and leaving after the game.

Almost as important is where can I find Carton and Kane beer?

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
Please forgive our welcome wagon.
Most expensive option with best proximity to the stadium is in the County park--Johnson Park, directly across from the stadium.
There is also a day lot in the Greek Church on River road. Think it is $35.
The day lot at the RAC requires a VERY long walk or a shuttle bus to another campus. $20, but don't recommend it.
You can grab a pass on Stub Hub or on our Ticket Exchange site. Easiest entrance and exits are Yellow, Black and Silver lots.
Links>
http://www.scarletknights.com/facilities/parking.html

Tickets and parking passes:
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/forums/ticket-and-parking-pass-exchange.12/

Enjoy your visit!

My wife and I are driving up from Dover on Saturday. What is the best parking options for the day of the game? We plan on getting in around 0930 and leaving after the game.

If you're not tailgating, you can just park for free on the streets off Easton Avenue (to the right) and then walk across Landing Lane bridge.

If you're not tailgating, you can just park for free on the streets off Easton Avenue (to the right) and then walk across Landing Lane bridge.

I don't plan on heavy tailgaiting as it is a day trip. Wouldn't mind finding some friendly fans or a bar in the morning.

As stated in the original post finding Kane and Carton are on the priority list.

Carton beer is made two towns away from me. They have a finder:
http://cartonbrewing.com/find-our-beer/

When you figure out your parking, post again for direction. The traffic flows can be a bit challenging, especially for a big game like this Saturday. Someone from my office drove around quite a bit because they kept following the signs directing them to the RAC parking lot when they had a pass for the Yellow Lot.

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
I know some people that parked at the RAC and took the shuttle bus. They thought it was fine and easier than some of the paid lots. (They joined our tailgate in the blue lot.) There is also parking behind the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School/ School of Public Health for $20 and is always available. You can tail gate there and it is about a 25 minute walk (1.2 miles)

Johnson Park is going to be full & will be a nightmare to get out of.

Iowa fans should park at the RAC. There will be tons of Iowa tailgates there & you can take the free shuttle to the stadium & check out the Rutgers tailgating scene

I know some people that parked at the RAC and took the shuttle bus. They thought it was fine and easier than some of the paid lots. (They joined our tailgate in the blue lot.) There is also parking behind the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School/ School of Public Health for $20 and is always available. You can tail gate there and it is about a 25 minute walk (1.2 miles)

This is a good suggestion, and you can get a feel for RU's most rural campus-Busch Campus--plus you can stroll past/through the Rutgers Golf Course. I suspect the OP might like that, but I am not sure.

My wife and I are driving up from Dover on Saturday. What is the best parking options for the day of the game? We plan on getting in around 0930 and leaving after the game. Almost as important is where can I find Carton and Kane beer?

golfinghawkeye,
If you've never been to the Rutgers campuses, the Stadium is across the bridge in Piscataway which is where most of the parking suggestions given are located.

But across the river on the main campus of Rutgers U in New Brunswick, you can park behind the College Avenue Gym for $20. Free bus service is around the corner and let's you off across from the Stadium (and takes you back). As far as a bar at 9:30 a.m., if you park in the Gym lot, walk two blocks straight out of the lot down the road (Ray Street) and try Kelly's. It's a locals bar and also has RU fans too. Never been there at 9:30 a.m. though.

According to the Carton and Kane bar locator that was listed above, the beer is available at Old Bay Restaurant at 61 Church Street -- in New Brunswick. They are walkable from the Gym parking lot or about a half mile drive down College Avenue and into town (you'll have to pay to park down there too. Just ask anyone for location of either.

Good luck with both and enjoy the Rutgers scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU22
Hub City Brew House (formerly World of Beers) is a great spot and a parking deck is only one block away.

Check them out on Facebook for directions as it is in the heart of New Brunswick which is where our main campus is located.

Last edited:
I don't plan on heavy tailgaiting as it is a day trip. Wouldn't mind finding some friendly fans or a bar in the morning.
I haven't read all the replies here, but I do have a pinned thread up top which has a bunch of links and info.

We have a great tailgating scene, very welcoming as the New Mexico fans found out this past weekend. If you can get into one of the pay lots, you should then be able to wander up to any of the tailgating lots and crash a tailgate or three. The RAC lot is always an option: they have a shuttle bus to the stadium, so you could park there, hop the bus over, then you're in proximity to the Scarlet, Green, Yellow and Blue lots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT