ADVERTISEMENT

Is CVS coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder NJ Government is in debt. Most taxpayers don’t get 8 months of paid sick time. Maybe 8 days?
We know you are upset with the latest football embarrassment today, but no need to bring it over here.
Anywho, as she is an employee of the State of NJ she has accrued 1 sick day a month for 25 years. You do the math. Oh, and the 2 games she missed when her mom passed, count as bereavement days.

We know you are upset with the latest football embarrassment today, but no need to bring it over here.
Anywho, as she is an employee of the State of NJ she has accrued 1 sick day a month for 25 years. You do the math. Oh, and the 2 games she missed when her mom passed, count as bereavement days.
It’s not a matter of sick days or whatever it’s a matter of the season starting in 2 days and not 1 word
It’s pretty obvious she’s not coaching this team anyway

Reactions: silkcitypirate
This is where the lack of research is lacking on coach CV Stringer. Multiple times at final 4’s all with different teams. No cigar for coach so forget it …. she will never win one at Rutgers.

These posts clearly show that some of you are just determined to undermine the RUWBB program. We've had nothing but positive press, on a national level, for the past year. When we suffered the loss of ZB and next star of the team, DJ (I don't include Mack and Giles because it made sense for them to want to move on), we rebounded quickly with the signing of the superb group of transfers, CVS was showered with praise on the national stage during the NCAA Tourney, she continues to get award after award for the various ways that she exemplifies excellence. The RU women of the WNBA are excelling, bringing RU tons of positive national attention. I can't think of a program that brings more positive national exposure and attention to RU than this RUWBB program led by C. Vivian Stringer. She is class personified. Program scandal free for her entire tenure.

One of her players wins MVP in the WNBA finals and you guys want to hijack the good vibes by trying to build a storm cloud over the program. Shame on all of you who do this on a regular basis. So concerned with this woman's money.

It's normal to want to know what is happening with the coach and what the timetable for return is. Defaming her character by speculating on what her motives are, in a way that paints her as a classless person, is a deplorable act on your part.

You make it so obvious that your only goal is to sabotage this coach and program. You seem to be deeply troubled by any successes that the program enjoys. You either go silent from the forum or you try to concoct a problem.

Remember, ......this is a pandemic which has changed the world for all of us. If CVS is working remotely while she tries to figure the situation out, and doing so within the guidelines of her contract/employment, then we as true fans should stand by her and be patient while we wait for news. We will have to hear something after this first game. Just be patient and pray that she and her family are healthy.

If you can't do that, then just look away for a few years until she retires. Let this be a fan board. Fans voice praises, concerns, and complaints, but don't include their own sick personal agendas.

These posts clearly show that some of you are just determined to undermine the RUWBB program. We've had nothing but positive press, on a national level, for the past year. When we suffered the loss of ZB and next star of the team, DJ (I don't include Mack and Giles because it made sense for them to want to move on), we rebounded quickly with the signing of the superb group of transfers, CVS was showered with praise on the national stage during the NCAA Tourney, she continues to get award after award for the various ways that she exemplifies excellence. The RU women of the WNBA are excelling, bringing RU tons of positive national attention. I can't think of a program that brings more positive national exposure and attention to RU than this RUWBB program led by C. Vivian Stringer. She is class personified. Program scandal free for her entire tenure.

One of her players wins MVP in the WNBA finals and you guys want to hijack the good vibes by trying to build a storm cloud over the program. Shame on all of you who do this on a regular basis. So concerned with this woman's money.

It's normal to want to know what is happening with the coach and what the timetable for return is. Defaming her character by speculating on what her motives are, in a way that paints her as a classless person, is a deplorable act on your part.

You make it so obvious that your only goal is to sabotage this coach and program. You seem to be deeply troubled by any successes that the program enjoys. You either go silent from the forum or you try to concoct a problem.

Remember, ......this is a pandemic which has changed the world for all of us. If CVS is working remotely while she tries to figure the situation out, and doing so within the guidelines of her contract/employment, then we as true fans should stand by her and be patient while we wait for news. We will have to hear something after this first game. Just be patient and pray that she and her family are healthy.

If you can't do that, then just look away for a few years until she retires. Let this be a fan board. Fans voice praises, concerns, and complaints, but don't include their own sick personal agendas.
This is just wild conjecture but the you all feel that, regardless of what we think we know, that the contract was never conceived to be carried to term

recruit freely now under the illusion of longevity that at a near future date you retire for health reasons

Tim, Nadine and Michelle can run the everyday with no loss of efficiency. If close to the bench those are pretty much the voices you hear

at least to me

This is just wild conjecture but the you all feel that, regardless of what we think we know, that the contract was never conceived to be carried to term

recruit freely now under the illusion of longevity that at a near future date you retire for health reasons

Tim, Nadine and Michelle can run the everyday with no loss of efficiency. If close to the bench those are pretty much the voices you hear

at least to me
I can agree with your speculating the 5 year extension was made with recruiting in mind.
Two years as HC than hand the program to Tim was my guess , while letting him take a more active role in the running of program and direction it would take when it came to game-day strategy.

But like the saying goes, when one doesn't know the answer, your guess in as good as mine on the thinking why a 5 year extension.

Reactions: RUcrazee
My thinking is in line with your conjecture, ho26rus. The extension made sense for recruiting purposes and to keep the program moving forward. I too think there may be undisclosed plans for a smooth coaching transition to take place with the program.

IIRC, it was a few seasons ago that CVS took on a new posture on the sideline of games. She used to get on the refs when we were getting bad calls, sometimes to the point of taking a tech. It seemed that she made a decision to back off from that. Instead of standing for most of the game, she has remained seated for games and does not protest bad calls. To me it seemed like a change made for health-protecting reasons.

Although the others on the bench may do much of the yelling of instructions, .I see frequent conversation occurring between Tim and CVS during the game and before Tim commands a huddle. We all know that her offense of years back needed a boost, and I think that she has allowed her assistants to heavily contribute in that area. It's like a football coach stands on the sideline while the coordinators are doing much of the signaling and communicating with the players on the field. It all falls under the umbrella of the coach's understood philosophy and what they all come up with as a brain trust.

We must also remember.........the assistants , although each brings their own experiences to the table, they are all CVS disciples. This is unquestionably, a CVS operation being overseen by CVS.

This is strictly a thread on her absence. It has absolutely nothing to do with past players or make believe National Championships. You answered the question of the main subject.CV is still missing in action… we are given no reasons or sign of an anticipated return… a lack of total fan base concerns ( typical RU) … and the excuse of she has accrued sick leave even though that could be argued. She will not be back … if the virus is still virusing she will collect her checks and pass go. FWIW : nobody has called for her job but only a positive word from the RU administration ( hello Hobbs ) . Just as yesterday’s football debacle proved incompetence is at an all time high for how to run a D1 program.

We had the #1 recruiting class in the B1G just last year, have had dominant transfers come in, been winning lots of games, lots of WNBA success stories. No scandals. Have great assistants. Led the Big Ten standings by like 2 full games not too long ago and had a 3rd place finish I believe. Not sure what more you guys want, you sound like Tennessee football fans. Be careful what you wish for

We had the #1 recruiting class in the B1G just last year, have had dominant transfers come in, been winning lots of games, lots of WNBA success stories. No scandals. Have great assistants. Led the Big Ten standings by like 2 full games not too long ago and had a 3rd place finish I believe. Not sure what more you guys want, you sound like Tennessee football fans. Be careful what you wish for
How about a league Championship or maybe final 4 appearance. People here sounding as though we are consistently winning titles. Been awhile since that has occurred.

This is strictly a thread on her absence. It has absolutely nothing to do with past players or make believe National Championships.
Yes, the title of the thread is an inquiry about her absence. When you have people trying to exploit a situation, in an attempt to push an agenda, it needs to be called out for what it is. Go back and read your own posts and see if your statements stick to just her absence.

I am well aware of CVS' coaching history and never mentioned her winning a National Championship.
How about a league Championship or maybe final 4 appearance. People here sounding as though we are consistently winning titles. Been awhile since that has occurred.
It's just about the absence

Yes, the title of the thread is an inquiry about her absence. When you have people trying to exploit a situation, in an attempt to push an agenda, it needs to be called out for what it is. Go back and read your own posts and see if your statements stick to just her absence.

I am well aware of CVS' coaching history and never mentioned her winning a National Championship.

It's just about the absence
RUcrazee you better check your reading interpretation of what constitutes calling for a head coach to be replaced and one which states there is an issue not being addressed by the AD and Rutgers BOG. She has done nothing of substance since at least 2015. Fans (like you ) will always make excuses as some others on media networks do on a daily basis for sometime. Will make this prediction and if proved incorrect I’ll be more than happy for CV Stringer . Just to set the record straight I go back many years to the Grentz years and have ALWAYS backed this coach but she sadly will probably not return and that could be for her own personal health issue , a family issue with her daughter or something In this new contract which will eventually be made known to the Rutgers family. No news is not always a positive occurrence especially with our history at Rutgers.

RUcrazee you better check your reading interpretation of what constitutes calling for a head coach to be replaced and one which states there is an issue not being addressed by the AD and Rutgers BOG. She has done nothing of substance since at least 2015. Fans (like you ) will always make excuses as some others on media networks do on a daily basis for sometime. Will make this prediction and if proved incorrect I’ll be more than happy for CV Stringer . Just to set the record straight I go back many years to the Grentz years and have ALWAYS backed this coach but she sadly will probably not return and that could be for her own personal health issue , a family issue with her daughter or something In this new contract which will eventually be made known to the Rutgers family. No news is not always a positive occurrence especially with our history at Rutgers.
I don't know if she will return. I have no explanation for the situation except, as I have noted, it appears from folks that know that she most likely does have upwards of 200 accumulated sick days. I can't accept that she can take them without permission.

Two well known coaches, Gary Blair and Kathy Delaney-Smith have announced this year as a farewell tour. Blair is the oldest coach in the Power 5, so not unexpected. Smith is 66 and a cancer survivor. I would love for CVS to have a farewell tour and collect accolades as she coaches her final season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
If her contract is guaranteed and she is in the twilight of her career and as anyone who goes to all of the games like me, why not just gracefully pay her the money and say it is time to make her coach emeritus and start the future whether it is with Tim or some other coach?

If her contract is guaranteed and she is in the twilight of her career and as anyone who goes to all of the games like me, why not just gracefully pay her the money and say it is time to make her coach emeritus and start the future whether it is with Tim or some other coach?
That is exactly what should happen. It will be best for Vivian Stringer , Rutgers and the WBB program.

Yeah, I'll check my reading interpretation .

Do you know something that the rest of us don't, when you say, "sadly she will probably not return".

Listen, I ask that you consider..........consider sitting back and just taking in the games this year. See if you can enjoy the team as many of us have over the past few years. Let's see if we can lend the extra positive energy that they may need to take it to the next level in the postseason. And you'll have played a part in the restoration of the program to top tier status. Just try it

I enjoy the team and that will never change. You refuse to acknowledge this missing head coach has a new 5 year contract and immediately after it’s signing she goes into complete hiding with no explanations as to when if ever she gets back to the sidelines. I’m a supporter of all of the main characters but it appears the upper levels of management seem to lack transparency with this situation. Fans deserve the facts . As in life we are free and somewhat entitled to have an opinion and viewpoint of the situation with Vivian Stringer. Just my view… she will probably not be returning anytime soon if it is due to covid19 concerns.

It's unconscionable that the athletics department has shared no news;

C'mon, AD Hobbs, show a bit of respect to the fans: make SOME KIND OF ANNOUNCEMENT!

I'm astounded that I have to repeat my OPs. A "HIPPA restraints" argument is spurious. My long-standing respect for Hobbs and what he has accomplished is waning quickly over this.

Reactions: bac2therac
Hopefully, coach Stringer will be on the bench for the game Tuesday night against St Peter's University. If she is there only in spirit (or via Zoom) AD Hobbs will certainly owe the fans and media an explanation. He can provide information, and still not violate coach's HIPPA rights.

Last edited:
Funny how just as successful if not more so coaches (Jody Contadt at Texas comes to mind who won an actual championship and many conference titles) we’re able to move on without all the drama…and spare me the Covid excuse as a possible reason. It’s not like Covid wasn’t known.

you don’t have to violate someone’s HIPPA rights to provide the fan base with a simple explanation.

These posts clearly show that some of you are just determined to undermine the RUWBB program. We've had nothing but positive press, on a national level, for the past year.
NO one is trying to undermine anything. The face of the program is MIA with no word from her or the school on what's going on for 7 months now. When Pagnanos(our DL coach) got hurt last year and needed surgery, it was reported on, he talked about it and he took a leave of absence. Everyone left it at O'well sh*t happens and moved on. This one is being kept like a State secret, she's not talking, the schools not talking it's an asinine way to handle it from both parties.

NO one is trying to undermine anything. The face of the program is MIA with no word from her or the school on what's going on for 7 months now. When Pagnanos(our DL coach) got hurt last year and needed surgery, it was reported on, he talked about it and he took a leave of absence. Everyone left it at O'well sh*t happens and moved on. This one is being kept like a State secret, she's not talking, the schools not talking it's an asinine way to handle it from both parties.
Unless there's good reason .
But if there isn't ,you make a good point.
I believe some personal issues deserve privacy and what's going on be held back from the public, but not all and in situations like this there better be a real good reason for keeping a llid on info or the fanbase is being treated like $#!t

The example of the RU D-Line coach Panagos you presented is a good one, but this might not be a similar situation and what's going on might be better not said because the right to privacy outweighs the public's right to know.
But if it is about Covid19 Protocols or a family related health issue, a statement saying the basic, family issue or health issue / maybe both, should be given without exactly saying what the issue is , but letting the public know there is a problem.

Stringer will not return this year. Program will be starting from zero next year with no recruiting, loss of most of team, plus transfers.

Stringer will not return this year. Program will be starting from zero next year with no recruiting, loss of most of team, plus transfers.
I’m willing to wait until all the information we’re going to get comes out, however…

….If she has loyalty to this school she’d retire now, not take the $$$, and let this program start fresh TODAY instead of wasting time and letting it fall completely apart.

I completely understand the need to be with her family at this time, I have NO problem whatsoever with that, but she should step up and do the right thing for the university and the program that you she (apparently) loves so much instead of being selfish. I will be the FIRST to stand up an applaud if she does. You have my word.

Last edited:
To the RU WBB fans who thought this was not the reality of the coaching situation for 2021. This is why several board members were questioning the whereabouts of Vivian Stringer. It also vindicates the posters who were labeled as anti Rutgers WBB . There was nothing intended and by finally releasing this media note gives the RU Nation a well deserved answer . We hope coach Stringer is well but something is drastically wrong on how this played out. RUcrazee you need to get better resources and stop believing everything you think is correct and accurate. I would bet this was known the day the new contract was signed and sealed.

Guaranteed Hobbs heard the questions being asked by many who follow and donate to the programs.

My thinking is in line with your conjecture, ho26rus. The extension made sense for recruiting purposes and to keep the program moving forward. I too think there may be undisclosed plans for a smooth coaching transition to take place with the program.

IIRC, it was a few seasons ago that CVS took on a new posture on the sideline of games. She used to get on the refs when we were getting bad calls, sometimes to the point of taking a tech. It seemed that she made a decision to back off from that. Instead of standing for most of the game, she has remained seated for games and does not protest bad calls. To me it seemed like a change made for health-protecting reasons.

Although the others on the bench may do much of the yelling of instructions, .I see frequent conversation occurring between Tim and CVS during the game and before Tim commands a huddle. We all know that her offense of years back needed a boost, and I think that she has allowed her assistants to heavily contribute in that area. It's like a football coach stands on the sideline while the coordinators are doing much of the signaling and communicating with the players on the field. It all falls under the umbrella of the coach's understood philosophy and what they all come up with as a brain trust.

We must also remember.........the assistants , although each brings their own experiences to the table, they are all CVS disciples. This is unquestionably, a CVS operation being overseen by CVS.
Guess they’re going it alone… never doubt those that question when something is not correct especially at Rutgers.

Is this official? There's a story in nj.com (behind their pay wall, so I can't read it) but it was based on what Nj Advance Media had "learned," which means it's based on unnamed sources.

To the RU WBB fans who thought this was not the reality of the coaching situation for 2021. This is why several board members were questioning the whereabouts of Vivian Stringer. It also vindicates the posters who were labeled as anti Rutgers WBB . There was nothing intended and by finally releasing this media note gives the RU Nation a well deserved answer . We hope coach Stringer is well but something is drastically wrong on how this played out. RUcrazee you need to get better resources and stop believing everything you think is correct and accurate. I would bet this was known the day the new contract was signed and sealed.
First of all, if you've read my posts, you know that I, like everyone else wanted to know more about CVS' situation and timetable for return. The difference is that I and the other true fans that respect and care about CVS, the person first and foremost before CVS the coach, just were more willing to be patient. Also placing more faith in the administration and CVS to disseminate info when they felt it was right to do so.

I also posted that I feared that it was something more serious than just avoiding covid. I just did not want to jump to that conclusion and wanted to wait for this moment when I knew we would get word. I actually thought we would find out tomorrow, but they did the right thing in telling us this outcome before the game.

As you told me a few posts ago, you have the freedom to have an opinion. I offer my opinions just like you do. Just my opinions, that I try to base off of facts. And I try to do so in a tasteful , considerate way.

You didn’t have facts. I made the point about her not returning and guess what ? I was correct. When you have an actual source who had some inside knowledge then you can call me out . Otherwise you and Scarlett O Hara should mind your P’s and Q‘s. When it comes to CV I have always been a fan and supporter of hers. Go back to watching Stelter on CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT