ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Bowl Season “BIG TUESDAY “

Meh...Kenny Pickett likely not playing. HUGE difference in how this game goes down based on his decision.
Probably will be decided by his advisers view of how the game might improve or hurt his draft status.
With Whipple having left Pitt staff , Pickett probably will sit this one out.

Sparty's running back Walker is also opting out. Mel will want to win to show that the MSU alumni did not waste their $90m.
I’ve seen a bunch of key players out for many teams. Bowls aren’t the same as before from the high profile on down. That’s just the way it is.

When the playoffs expand, I’d guess we’ll see less of that with real stakes on the line but I wonder if it would be nonexistent.

I’ve seen a bunch of key players out for many teams. Bowls aren’t the same as before from the high profile on down. That’s just the way it is.

When the playoffs expand, I’d guess we’ll see less of that with real stakes on the line but I wonder if it would be nonexistent.
Another bad trend in college athletics. Don't see how all of these bowls continue in the future. Does ESPN need programming that badly and is this profitable for them?

Reactions: FastMJ
Friggin' 7-5 Pedo State gets a NY Day bowl in FL, ahead of three 8-4 B1G teams (MN/WI/Purdue, who all also have much better conference records). I don't follow the bowl contracts/pecking order - how does that happen?
I'm gonna B in town for this one. Going with my daughter. Anybody else?
GO HOGS!!

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Wow, I am not saying that our favorite team would have won the game against Sparty if he did not play, but it would have been a game in the 4th quarter.
Glad to see Walker bolting early to the NFL.
We still would have lost against Sparty. We couldn’t cover their 2 WR’s. One guy set a record against us { very lighted recruited WR from Las Vegas.. kid turned out to be a stud}

We still would have lost against Sparty. We couldn’t cover their 2 WR’s. One guy set a record against us { very lighted recruited WR from Las Vegas.. kid turned out to be a stud}

I would like to think that if there was no Walker threat back there, Smith would have called defenses where Young and Izien can key in on the receivers. I am not saying that they would have shut them down but DB's would not have been torched as much. In short, Walker was the reason why our defense got torched by the passing game as well and once again, I never said that they would have won the game.

Let's hope Berger doesn't do what Walker did to us.

It's startying to look like some of the bowl games are more like having a tryout for players to see if they can do a good job of replacing the stars that decided to sit this one out so they could prepar for the draft

As bad as these bowl games are they still outdraw college basketball games.
They're also basically TV programming/inventory for ESPN (and have been for years). They represent first-run live broadcasts with a 'captive'/ built-in audience and probably still remain strong for ad sales.

Joe P.

80 and clear in Nassau. Teams combine for 64 PPG, give up 47 PPG. 14 MPH winds. Sagarin has Toledo about 10 pts better and MTSU is on like their 3rd or 4th string QB. Take Toledo (-10, rush for nearly 200 YPG) and the Over (50) IMHO.

Could a bowl have worse conference tie ins than the Sun Bowl? PAC 12 vs ACC in the middle of the west Texas desert sounds like a punishment more than a reward for the two teams involved. The tie in might make sense for the PAC if they were sending one of the AZ schools but El Paso is still in the middle of nowhere and not easy to get to.

The Sun Bowl is one of the oldest bowls and it still has its name. The BE used to have the Sun as one of its tie ins but the Big 12 makes more sense. Aside from Colorado, the UofA, and ASU, Pac12 schools are quite distant and they don't have a tradition of traveling well, aside from Oregon and UW. Utah might be added to that list.

I would love to see RU in the Las Vegas bowl, especially now in the new stadium. This seems to be a new bowl tie-in for the B1G, perhaps in place of the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. The Sun Bowl would also be a good bowl for RU as it's just a 4-5 drive from Tucson, which out here makes it "nearby."

The Sun Bowl has incredible local support during the years… $10 to park.
One of the only Bowls not controlled by ESPN…. CBS bowl

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Fiesta Bowl
No. 5 Notre Dame vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State
1 p.m. | ESPN

1PM EST??? means a 10AM kick off in Arizona?

This raises my betting interest. Take OSU and what I assume must be the points and bet the house.

I'm hoping for a canibis company or the flip flop brand.. Reefer Bowl.
you must have missed who really sponsored the Weed-eater Bowl
41QVa9USWlL.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I think one of the bowls is called the Jimmy Kimmel bowl.

Quick lookup and yea it’s the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl tomorrow.

This Cure Bowl is entertaining. 7 lead changes so far. Not one punt through the first 3 quarters
Was going to post the same thing. You jinxed the punt though! CCU had to punt. Rocky Lombardi looking like Rocky Balboa tonight. Michigan State screwed up by letting him go! 😉 (vying for a Message Board Genius Tweet).

Reactions: Morrischiano
...I think NIU got jobbed there at the end. Clock stops on first down and is supposed to start when the ball is set and the ref signals such.

Joe P.

Play of game
WR slides in open field before getting 1st down. NIU gets stuffed on 4th. Next play or second play after Coastal scores go ahead TD

Reactions: Knight Shift
The game was lost when the Northern Illinois coach went for it on fourth down at his own 34 with the lead

He didn’t catch it but the ref ruled it a catch. He was out of bounds but the ref rules he was in. The ref was a mess on that play.

Saw that, Refs screwed up big time. Screwed the MAC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT