ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young

Sorry to bump. Just want to note that Mulcahy’s visit is dropping next week and he talks JY. And he likes em. So any theories to the contrary are just theories

Reactions: RUDiddy777
2nd to last possession of the Houston game, Rutgers up 2 w/ 40 seconds left and we gave the ball to Young. He turned it over. 7:45 mark of the link below.

I didn't mind Young having the ball in that spot. Bad turnover. It happens. But last shot of the game, down 1, I am giving it to Baker. His track record over his career in those spots has been pretty darn good.

2nd to last possession of the Houston game, Rutgers up 2 w/ 40 seconds left and we gave the ball to Young. He turned it over. 7:45 mark of the link below.

I didn't mind Young having the ball in that spot. Bad turnover. It happens. But last shot of the game, down 1, I am giving it to Baker. His track record over his career in those spots has been pretty darn good.

Just an ill-timed game for Young to have arguably his worst game of his season from a production standpoint, especially with Johnson coming into the game not 100%. Have to give credit to Houston, though - generally when an offensively consistent player has a bad game, the defense is a key reason.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Just an ill-timed game for Young to have arguably his worst game of his season from a production standpoint, especially with Johnson coming into the game not 100%. Have to give credit to Houston, though - generally when an offensively consistent player has a bad game, the defense is a key reason.

The last four minutes Rutgers had pretty much everything go wrong. Myles missed dunk leading to UH three in transition, Grimes made three off two missed UH FTs/UH rebound, Myles missed put back off Baker miss (Baker got fouled?--no call), RU missed rebound off UH miss/Myles can't throw ball off UH player, another UH miss and offensive rebound leading to an and one....absolutely devastating last four minutes.

Young improved as a player at Rutgers , now it's up to another program to make him pro material because it's obvious ,to me, Jacob didn't like his NBA draft chances and felt Rutgers might not give him the minutes he needs to improve his draft status with the way RU's 2021-22 roster will be and the type of game RU will be playing that will be an adjustment from the 2020-21season that make his game look a lot better than his previous 3 years.

He decided to go to a program he felt would fit his talents better and Rutgers will miss him, but not be hurt ( in my opinion) because his replacement will fit the teams game plan a little better.
Came here expecting the o to revolve around hin as it did for Corey Saunders

And Geo turned the ball over with 14 seconds left. Defender never even touched the all. Geo just lost the handle. Biggest choke moment in Rutgers history. Just a mental lapse that cost RU the Sweet 16.

Reactions: wheezer
And Geo turned the ball over with 14 seconds left. Defender never even touched the all. Geo just lost the handle. Biggest choke moment in Rutgers history. Just a mental lapse that cost RU the Sweet 16.
I deleted the recording of the game and have not watched any replay

just too painful

Reactions: Rutgers56
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT