ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Jaden Jones commits to Rutgers

First saw this on Roundtable. Who says Pike doesn't know recruiting? This is the kind of kid we've been hoping for; someone with size that is a pure shooter that can knock down a 3. I love it!

giphy.gif

So we have four guys around the same size coming in--including the 4-star, our first since the bad old days of FHJ. Yeboah, Carter and Kiss leave. Who am I missing? Sounds like these New Guys will give us lot of options.
Joey Downes also sr

Hobbs:

Start bolting down the roof before Mr Jones arrives....when those 3’s start draining the RAC roof may pop off!!!!!

Reactions: Scangg
It makes me sad that we're already rooting to replace Geo Baker and he's graduating, but this is a way to do it.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Holy shit!! Step away for a few hours and wow! Huge get, just huge! Kid is the real deal.

And he doesn't have to come in and be a "star" as we'll have the 4 sophs now being seniors in his first year (Mathis, Myles, Harper, and Caleb, assuming they're all still her), as well as PM being a junior.

Last edited:
Reactions: satnom and Scangg
Not enough props to Karl Hobbs in this thread. Hobbs has been getting some heat for his lack of offensive coaching if I recall but this is why you have him on staff.
Huge huge get for Hobbs. He seems to really relate well to parents. I questioned Hobbs offensive sets but big big props to him here. This kid will make anyone's offense look better when he is raining 3's

that’s why I said imo.

There’s always room for improvement in anything. Always.

If we ever want to be a perennial top 25 team we’re gonna have to pick recruiting up a notch or two and that’s exactly what’s Pikiell just did.
Kid's a player!

A high flier who can also flat out shoot the rock. A diaper dandy if I have ever seen one.

Maybe to some he needs to improve "recruiting". However i am very pleased with his roster formation.

+1. We have two Rivals 150 players (Young and Mulcahy) coming off the bench. Our best/2nd best player from last season left unexpectedly in the preseason. I do think Coach P can recruit at a "higher level", but That doesn't mean what he has done with this roster in three classes isn't very impressive (imo).

FYI, we will be in the NCAA tournament this year. Seems like the guys he is recruiting are doing ok.

No kidding. It’s not about that. It’s about keeping it going after only getting 1 freshman this year and getting a recruit in the mid 200s and two in the mid-late 300s for next year. Everyone knows it would be hard to continue to compete in the B1G like that. It’s a great sign that we got Jones. Hopefully, our success leads to bigger and better recruits. We’ve made fantastic strides and we need to keep it going. I’m just enjoying this one right now.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT