ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Jaden Jones commits to Rutgers

Interesting to see Hobbs found him at prolific prior to his current school and kept the relationship.

Reactions: Scangg
Anyone else notice the hash tag GardenStatement. Nice play on the state's nickname.
#GardenStatement has been flying around on Twitter all season for Jersey hoops.

Joey Downes also sr
Joey's a walkon, though, so it doesn't free up a ship. Geo and Jacob are the only scholarship seniors for next year unless Peter stays around

Most importantly, when can Jaden put pen to paper?
edit: just googled it, early signing date for 2021 class starts 11/21/20

I thought Pike gave Downes a ship this year? Wasn't there a whole video where he announced it in a team meeting? Did I dream this?

He would have to reclassify to 2020 (which would be great, but probably signals no Cliff). Essentially replacing Baker/Young.

Great get whenever he gets here. Woot.

My bad--had not noticed that he was a junior. Means if he blows up his senior year, we will have to fend off Duke, who will give his family jobs, Kansas and Kentucky, at least, that will offer him green. If he stays 4-star, we might keep him.

My bad--had not noticed that he was a junior. Means if he blows up his senior year, we will have to fend off Duke, who will give his family jobs, Kansas and Kentucky, at least, that will offer him green. If he stays 4-star, we might keep him.
If he was looking for that I don't think he would commit so early. Looks like they love the coaching staff and there is a clear need for shooters and scorers. When he comes in Geo and Young will be gone so that will free up a lot of minutes and shot attempts. Smart move

If he signs in November, we won't have to worry about blowing up during his senior year.

I hope Geo can join our staff when he graduates. I think he could one day be an outstanding coach.

Top 100 nationally ranked kid, great shooter, great length, from a midwest state with no obvious ties to Rutgers/Jersey and offers from other P5 schools chooses to come to Rutgers... pretty unchartered territory if u ask me!!!!! Wow what a get!!!!!!!!!

He doesn’t have a connection to RU?

Believe it was just that they saw him when they were recruiting Hawkins and kept recruiting him when he transferred from CA

Reactions: DirtyRU
Some film on Jones while still at Prolific. He's #11. Shows a lot of promise and yes he is about 6'-7" with a tremendous wingspan. Won't wow you with his athleticism, but can shot, pass, handle. A lot to like.

He will be here and after I pointed the molucya at the ASU arena in Tempe a few weeks ago ,Cliff will say I'm putting the RAC on my back on March 29.

Good article on 247 site about Jaden Jones.

Coach Hobbs being instrumental in his recruitment and commitment.

Working on his game, daily workouts.

Switching summer AAU teams from Mudiay Elite to Bradley Beal Elite, and his desire to play team ball and compete against the best in Nike EYBL.

Some of his biggest games this past season against the best competition.

IMO, I think we are getting a very underrated, complete player and will end up being one of the best players in RU history.

Some film on Jones while still at Prolific. He's #11. Shows a lot of promise and yes he is about 6'-7" with a tremendous wingspan. Won't wow you with his athleticism, but can shot, pass, handle. A lot to like.

Was that an eighth grade team they were playing or a JV team? Look at 25.

Great to have Mag and Jones coming in. I can also see why Pike recruited Hawkins so hard. I cannot believe he is only ranked in the 130's. I am no expert, but I would wager he will be substantially better than that. I am much more upset that he will be at Illinois now that I have seen some video.

Great to have Mag and Jones coming in. I can also see why Pike recruited Hawkins so hard. I cannot believe he is only ranked in the 130's. I am no expert, but I would wager he will be substantially better than that. I am much more upset that he will be at Illinois now that I have seen some video.
I was really high on Hawkins

Jones showed some really nice body control finishing around the rim on a couple plays in that clip. That was nice to see. The shot is obviously there. Very smooth with soft touch

Reactions: RutHut
I sure love the idea of having a 6’7” tall, natural long range bomber on our team. But young Jalen needs to get in the weight room ASAP.

Mag fits the Pikiell recruit profile a lot more than Hawkins. Hawkins is hot headed, does not make smart plays, etc. He will be in foul trouble a lot his freshman year. Potential is definitely there,though. Mag fits the bill a lot better here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT