ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Hafley - PLEASE GOD NO!

SCILS02

Junior
Jul 18, 2012
We do not need another OSU CO-coordinator of anything. Myself and anyone on this forum could be a coordinator at OSU and produce results.

He would also use this opportunity as a stepping stone job, while Butch Jones or Bielema would embrace this as a destination job. Big difference.

This would be a huge mistake. Just because the dopey national college football media says someone is a "hot assistant" coach doesn't mean anything.

You don't just hand guys P5/Big Ten head coaching jobs for being a rising asst who can recruit. You make them earn it as a head coach at a lower level college first. LIKE PJ FLECK DID. They better not make this move. Hafley has zero to do with any success OSU is having. Which are all Urban Meyer players by the way!

I was one of only a few on this forum who was trying to beg folks not to hire Ash. I'll stand on an island stating the same about Lil' Jeff Hafley. DO NOT CONSIDER HAFLEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ASH 2.0!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Given our circumstances and the list of other candidates, he is my #1 candidate. Hard pass to Beilema and Butch Jones I can live with. Hafley is a dynamic recruiter and that's what we need right now.

man, you really are a piece of work. you really think that butch jones sees us as a destination job? what in his career history would indicate that he won't pack up and move on to the next big thing as soon as he has a taste of success here?
Yes, most of the coaches would use his as a stepping stone job. I can possibly see this as a permanent position for A Camp cause he has that clause in his Michigan contract that he can come back to RU penalty free and of course, Schiano, as he already had a stint in the NFL

Who’s to say, that an assistant coach wouldn’t come here, and have more foresight, energy, and dedication, then a former, or current head coach. I’m just saying, you have to see who fills all the boxes best, with recruiting ability, and New Jersey familiarity being very inportant.

Reactions: MoobyCow
We do not need another OSU CO-coordinator of anything. Myself and anyone on this forum could be a coordinator at OSU and produce results.

He would also use this opportunity as a stepping stone job, while Butch Jones or Bielema would embrace this as a destination job. Big difference.

This would be a huge mistake. Just because the dopey national college football media says someone is a "hot assistant" coach doesn't mean anything.

You don't just hand guys P5/Big Ten head coaching jobs for being a rising asst who can recruit. You make them earn it as a head coach at a lower level college first. LIKE PJ FLECK DID. They better not make this move. Hafley has zero to do with any success OSU is having. Which are all Urban Meyer players by the way!

DO NOT CONSIDER HAFLEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ASH 2.0!!!!!!!
Agree 1000%.

Reactions: scripts and SCILS02
Who’s to say, that an assistant coach wouldn’t come here, and have more foresight, energy, and dedication, then a former, or current head coach. I’m just saying, you have to see who fills all the boxes best, with recruiting ability, and New Jersey familiarity being very inportant.
This is the Big Ten. You don't hand a head coaching job to someone like Hafley. If this was the MAC or Conference USA then fine!

There is no comparison between Ash and Hafley. Ash has no personality.

Haffley will get his chance soon and I am not sure he would come here. There will be other jobs available to him where the challenges wont be as daunting. And if he succeeds there, he would be on a clear path to take over an established program with all the support he needs.

With that said, if he is willing to take on this challenge, I would hire him.

I was one of only a few on this forum who was trying to beg folks not to hire Ash. I'll stand on an island stating the same about Lil' Jeff Hafley. DO NOT CONSIDER HAFLEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ASH 2.0!!!!!!!

Do you know anything about him except what he does? Do you have any idea the respect he has in NJ and what coaches think of him?

Just stop.

Reactions: RUShea
My guess is Hafley will entertain our offer, interview and then politiley decline. And Hobbs will move on to Plan C.

If we hire a guy like Hafley before Ash- i'd have been ok with it. Its a roll of the dice and I understand taking a shot. But after the Ash debacle we need someone who is a "can't miss" from a program building/stability standpoint. Thats not to say that I think Schiano is can't miss on getting us rose bowls. But he is can't miss for getting us back to 500 IMO and thats what we need. We can't afford another disaster.

Reactions: jtung230
Can you guys imagine what this board will look like when he announces that he will continue to coach OSU through the National Title game which wont be played untill January 13? Its deja vu all over again.

That was a concession they all had to make to Urban when they took the job.

Urban is no longer there.

If hired he starts IMMEDIATELY. No backseat BS this time or ever, ever again.

"Ohhhh, it's the right thing to do because the children look up to him as their defensive leader" GTFO of here with that horsesh!t.

Reactions: Spare130
Anyone who think he's Ash 2.0 just because of the Co-DC title doesn't know what he's talking about.

Do you know anything about him except what he does? Do you have any idea the respect he has in NJ and what coaches think of him?

Just stop.
I've followed his entire career, have you? No indications yet he can be a head coach - if so, he'd be one by now. Let a MAC team hire him first!

Last edited:
I'm "all in" on the Campaniles taking over. F all these big name coaches or unproven assistants with no ties to NJ. I am for hiring Anthony and Nunzio Campanile as co-head coaches and seeing what they can produce recruiting wise and on the field. Just as much downside as any big name coach and HUUUUGE upside. Lets get it done! Keep Rutgers in the Jersey family.

Hafley would be a home run hire. Ash was a co-DC nobody had heard of, Hafley is on a bunch of teams wish list

Totally. He's got complete command of program building. He'll clearly inspire the 5,000 fans in the stadium on next years home opener.

Hafley would actually be a good hire. Great recruiter. I still want Schiano but if thats dead Hafley is a good choice. I just don't think he'd take this job.

Oh, and Fire Hobbs.

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT