ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Williams - All B1G team

He would have 11/20 conference games?
That seems tough.

If that any precedent for that many games and making the conference team?

How much does number of games played factor into the all conference teams?

If he plays this well the rest of the season, he has to be on one of the teams
If Williams were to average maybe around 15 ppg or more (he’s at 14 now) and RU went on a huge run to make the tourney, that is the only way I could see that having a chance. I could see him getting honorable mention or maybe 3rd team, but only if RU makes a huge run and he’s responsible for it (which he has been so far) averaging between 15-20 per game. This dude has been an absolute revelation on the court. I know I didn’t think he would have THIS BIG of an impact, I figured he would help some but he has helped them look more confident as a team, with repeatable offense, and a calming presence on the floor. Let’s hope they keep it going next week.

I've never seen an entire team improve like we have, because of the play of one player.

Williams is amazing....so fun to watch, and I can't help but think of next year, Williams playing with Harper, Bailey, Mag, Simpson, Griffiths, Ogbole , Somerville, and others.

Holy crap, we have the chance to be a final four team.

How much will metrics or eye test/trending factor into NCAA selection? Last year, despite trending downward losing 6 of 8, & a key player, we still had better Metrics than 3 teams selected above us.

This year, it could be a major trend upward, winning maybe 8 of 10, by adding a key player. But not enough time to get the “metrics” to the bubble.. would be nice to think we could be a suprise selection, rather than snub, this year..

I think they would have to pick more than five players. Off the top of my head I would have Edey, Terrance Shannon, Boo Buie, Coleman Hawkins and Braeden Smith.

I think they would have to pick more than five players. Off the top of my head I would have Edey, Terrance Shannon, Boo Buie, Coleman Hawkins and Braeden Smith.
Must be the bottom of your head if you have Braden Smith over Jahmir Young and several others in the league. Lol

Must be the bottom of your head if you have Braden Smith over Jahmir Young and several others in the league. Lol
Off the top of my head means without careful thought. I'd have Jahmir Young in there along with Tominaga, Omoruyi with his recent play, and others. As far as Braden vs, Jahmir - Braden averages eight points less than Jahmir with fewer shots taken primarily because he is surrounded by better players. He shoots for a higher percentage, a higher 3 point percentage, has more rebounds and more assists. Those things are kind of important. They are both PG's and as a PG Smith is the better player.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head means without careful thought. I'd have Jahmir Young in there along with Tominaga, Omoruyi with his recent play, and others. As far as Braden vs, Jahmir - Braden averages eight points less than Jahmir with fewer shots taken primarily because he is surrounded by better players. He shoots for a higher percentage, a higher 3 point percentage, has more rebounds and more assists. Those things are kind of important. They are both PG's and as a PG Smith is the better player.
Jahmir could do what Braden does…don’t think so the other way around. Maryland has maybe one shooter on the floor at all times and Julian Reese is never more than 4 feet from the basket and Jahmir still scores at will. He’s first team no question

Jahmir could do what Braden does…don’t think so the other way around. Maryland has maybe one shooter on the floor at all times and Julian Reese is never more than 4 feet from the basket and Jahmir still scores at will. He’s first team no question
You just can't just turn PG skills on and off. Whether Jahmir can do those things remains to be seen. If they were starting a team and wanted to start it with a true PG, nearly every coach in the B1G would choose Smith. And yes, if Braden's goal was to score 6-7 more ppg I'm sure he could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT