ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill now taking on new challenges at Rutgers

All right, smart guy. He was OC at Pitt State 1991-93. In 1991, the team finished 13–1–1 and won the NCAA Division II Football Championship and also played in the Division II championship game in 1992.
Pitt State Records:

Most Consecutive Victories (Playoffs included)
25 Oct. 11, 1991 to Dec. 12, 1992
RUSHING, TEAM
Most Yards Gained

4. Portland State, Dec. 5, 1992 558
7. Missouri Southern, Oct. 24, 1992 528

Single Season Yards Att. Yards
1. Ronald Moore, 1992 356 2585
7. Ronald Moore, 1991 264 1576

RECEIVING, INDIVIDUAL

Most Yards Gained
Career Yards Rec. Yards

2. Ronnie West, 1990-91 123 2521
Single Season Yards Rec. Yards
1. Ronnie West, 1991 74 1495
---------------------------------
After being an OC for a prolific offense, Kill moved up the coaching ladder, taking over as HC at Saginaw Valley State, then Emporia State, then Southern Illinois, then NIU, then Minnesota.
At Southern Illinois, Kill was the first coach to produce four consecutive winning seasons and is credited with turning the football team around to a winning program. On September 26, 2006, he became the school's all-time leader in winning percentage after a "pounding" of Indiana State, 55–3.

I can only hope we having 500+ rushing yards in a single game, and RBs with 1600 and 2600 rushing yards in a season, and a WR with 1500 receiving yards in a season.
FACTS being FACTS!!!
More facts(well it's on wikipedia)

Broyles era
In 1990, Chuck Broyles became the head football coach at Pittsburg State. In his first season, the Gorillas went 10–0 in the regular season and won two games in the Division playoffs. In 1991, the team finished 13–1–1 and won the NCAA Division II Football Championship. His teams also played in the Division II championship games in 1992, 1995 and 2004. In 2004, the Gorillas finished 14–1, losing 36–31 to Valdosta State University in the Division II championship game. During his 20 years as Pittsburg State's head coach, Broyles compiled a record of 194–45–2. He retired at the end of the 2009 season.[18][19][20]

So yeah, not at all trying to take down Kill, but that team, a Div II team mind you, was undefeated in the regular season the year before he got there, and the season before that, under a different head coach won 12 games. Then after Kill left, continued winning at a very impressive rate

But if you think his tenure as OC at a Div II school, 25 years ago is sufficient evidence of his play calling ability, then great, but I'll remain a bit skeptical.

Reactions: winRU
I recommend reading the On The Banks article where they talked with Minnesotas writers, basically said he'll be great for Ash with experience of turning program around, but was confused why he was OC since his teams struggled offensively
Great.

This is not hard to understand, let me explain, Kill is the replacement for
Ash he is going to get his feet wet first, and the next time Ash, starts
wide outs, and 18 year olds that can't throw, start a qb that had
proven over the years, he has no qb skills, and gives a 4 star not one set of downs,
or the next time he hires a child for a man's job, he is gone. But the
AD has no experience with football as his old school never played it.
This is a really bad time for RU, the only thing we have not done wrong,
is rape young boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
This not hard to understand, let me explain, Kill is the replacement for
wide outs, and 18 year olds that can't throw, started a qb that had
proven over the years, he no qb skills, and gives a 4 star not one set of downs,
is rape young boys.

If you believe any of what you typed, you should find another university to support. SMH.

This not hard to understand, let me explain, Kill is the replacement for
wide outs, and 18 year olds that can't throw, started a qb that had
proven over the years, he no qb skills, and gives a 4 star not one set of downs,
is rape young boys.

jiFfM.jpg

Reactions: NickKnight 1
One of our subsidiaries is based in Minnesota. I have been there 6 times in the past 3 months. One guy, who is a big time U. of MN fan, told me he thinks in 2 years Kill will be HC at RU. He thinks he's an excellent coach that RU is lucky to have.
Don't believe it. With Kill's health issues, it's possible that he would rather work on on side of the team and not ALL of the team. I see him mentoring Ash and Ash will get progressively better with each year. This is a wonderful coaching staff we have right now. Big improvement. I'm hoping this spurs the offensive unit a bit.
Believing you can win...there's a thought. Totally up for what next season can bring.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
proven over the years, he has no qb skills, and gives a 4 star not one set of downs,
is rape young boys.

The Floodie strikes again!

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.jpg

How about this as a start--give the ball to Hicks 15-20x a game and let him run?

Was there a press conference where Jerry Kill was introduced, spoke and answered questions from the media? I have tried to find it, on SK.com with no luck. Thanks!

Don't believe it. With Kill's health issues, it's possible that he would rather work on on side of the team and not ALL of the team. I see him mentoring Ash and Ash will get progressively better with each year. This is a wonderful coaching staff we have right now. Big improvement. I'm hoping this spurs the offensive unit a bit.
Believing you can win...there's a thought. Totally up for what next season can bring.

I think the idea is that Kill serves as a contingency plan should Ash decide to pursue another opportunity at some point, making this hire a very astute one.

is rape young boys.

Great Post.

I don't agree with any of it but it made me LOL hard and made my day.

Thanks! [banana]

Excellent Troll post! Keep it up! [cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT