ADVERTISEMENT

Football John McNulty's impact

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
Will Rutgers look anything like it did a decade ago under OC John McNulty? HC Chris Ash said he's had a tremendous impact since he came back to RU in January.

We need his impact to be huge if we want to go Bowling. That said, any improvement will be welcome.

From the article, it seems like McNulty has moved around about as often as Rutgers has changed offensive coordinators. That's a lot of moving, which as everyone knows is a major cause of stress.

Hopefully he'll be successful at RU again and stay put.

We need his impact to be huge if we want to go Bowling. That said, any improvement will be welcome.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't improvement, it's hard to think we could have such anemic offensive numbers 3 years in a row. It's a matter of how much improvement.

I was quite skeptical of the last 2 OCs when they were hired but McNulty is worthy of being an OC even though I'm not a big proponent of the long term sustainability of the system he's implementing for a school like us.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't improvement, it's hard to think we could have such anemic offensive numbers 3 years in a row. It's a matter of how much improvement.

I was quite skeptical of the last 2 OCs when they were hired but McNulty is worthy of being an OC even though I'm not a big proponent of the long term sustainability of the system he's implementing for a school like us.

McNulty has the unique perspective of seeing Rutgers excel as a program and come back for round two. There is no one I’d trust more to run the offense. I think we are finally starting to see the talent at WR and QB emerge. He’s going to open up the offense and we’ll have an exciting team to watch this season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
If he does a good job, I can see him replacing Ash in a few years, if Ash decides to move on voluntarily or otherwise.

McNulty needs serious improvement in the OL if he's going to get this offense on the right track, plain & simple.

McNulty has the unique perspective of seeing Rutgers excel as a program and come back for round two. There is no one I’d trust more to run the offense. I think we are finally starting to see the talent at WR and QB emerge. He’s going to open up the offense and we’ll have an exciting team to watch this season.
From your keyboard to God's ears. Let us hope.

Reactions: robwes207
We ran well last year with 8 in the box. The OL was not our biggest issues last year. Plain and simple. I will go a step further and say we missed some big run plays on missed assignments that were not the OL. Watch the games closely.

Reactions: GSGS
I would like to see McNulty give us a more exciting offense and I will take 5 wins. Next year I would like to see us back in a toilet bowl from there I want to see some four and five stars being recruited. Bottom line: I want to see some major improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT