ADVERTISEMENT

John Rothstein Tweet Praises Ron Harper Jr

Hopefully, this eases up on the Mulcahy as a day 1 starter talk and unreasonable over the top hype.....he will probably need to adjust to the speed of the college game and going against faster college players.

He will be good but give him time.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
He called him a glue guy for those that may have been misled by the title.

Reactions: dpwhite
Don't think that "glue guy" is synonymous with less-talented player brought in to help a team mesh. Can one be a "glue guy" and highly talented?

Don't think that "glue guy" is synonymous with less-talented player brought in to help a team mesh. Can one be a "glue guy" and highly talented?
Glue guy usually means role player or jack of all trades/swiss army knife. My guess is he meant somewhere along the line of the latter

By Rothstein's tweet, seems to me that RHJ is more interested in doing the little things to help the team win

This is what I took away from it. A "glue guy" does dirty work - diving for loose balls, sacrificing the body for charges, knowing how to close out driving or passing lanes.... some of the less glamorous stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet. Doesn't mean he can't also light up a stat sheet, I wouldn't say, but that he makes the team better by making sure the small stuff gets done.

Which makes sense given his lineage that he'd have a high BB IQ and know the small things that need to be done to win.

Reactions: RutHut
Based on his tweet this morning “off-season Big 10 rankings”, what he saw wasn’t good enough for top ten in conference

Reactions: AD888
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT