ADVERTISEMENT

Just give me an athletic portal 5, please!

Pike has the summer to finish this class off…

We need a sure handed, athletic, pick and roll 5. Period
Didn't we have an athletic 5 with Cliff? It is a nice attribute to have but we need a more well rounded 5. Unfortunately we likely can't afford one.

We better find a way unless Summerville is the choice or Emmanuel Ogbole takes a monumental leap in his skills set. If is a big word when it comes to finding that missing piece for Rutgers basketball.

We better find a way unless Summerville is the choice or Emmanuel Ogbole takes a monumental leap in his skills set. If is a big word when it comes to finding that missing piece for Rutgers basketball.
Agreed, it is a huge If at the moment. O hole can not and should not be part of a plan that involves him playing a regular role. Finding a big has to priority #1 right now. Hoping that is the next portal news that hits for RU.

You missed the part where I said sure handed I guess?
Did not miss but based on thread title and comment it seemed like athletic was the point of emphasis. Yes Cliff did not have sure hands but that only one of several developmental issues he seemed unable to address. He did have a natural athletic ability that he could not translate into being a better overall and consistent player. IMO Pike and the staff take a hit on this lack of development.

The first get together with the new roster is mid June per Pikiell when the players arrive on campus.

I believe Pike said they were even looking at international players. I wouldn't mind if we brought in a center from Europe who could really help our team. I don't have any idea if that is still possible.

Did not miss but based on thread title and comment it seemed like athletic was the point of emphasis. Yes Cliff did not have sure hands but that only one of several developmental issues he seemed unable to address. He did have a natural athletic ability that he could not translate into being a better overall and consistent player. IMO Pike and the staff take a hit on this lack of development.
Eh you can only develop a player so much. They can only do so many drills for Cliff (for example) to help his hands / catch the ball. Rest is up to the player.
I do think they need to reevaluate their strength and conditioning. GG should have been bigger and Simpson too. Seeing those Kentucky players pics before and after….thats what we need.

Just need a guy who can rebound and defend Big Ten big men
I agree. I don’t think scoring on this team will be an issue for a change. Like you said, he MUST be able to rebound. Right now, Harper might be our best rebounder from the PG position.

Eh you can only develop a player so much. They can only do so many drills for Cliff (for example) to help his hands / catch the ball. Rest is up to the player.
I do think they need to reevaluate their strength and conditioning. GG should have been bigger and Simpson too. Seeing those Kentucky players pics before and after….thats what we need.
Simpson actually looked like he got smaller while he was here.

I'd be perfectly fine with Zed Key. Veteran Big Ten player who knows the conference style of play and can be a leader while giving solid defense and 10-12 points / 8-10 rebounds a game

Reactions: BillyC80
In general, portal signings have not been as quick as I thought. It seems a lot of guys may be holding out on picking a new destination until they get as many offers as possible. So from that perspective, it's great that Pike already landed two guys. But I think this means the next 1-2 guys we add are going to either be really expensive or not as good as we hoped for. Getting an elite rim protector is so important. Teams may overpay which is going to make it hard for us to get one.

Gotta wonder if Bradshaw is simply following Cal to Arkansas. But yeah, that would be a nice piece.

Dylan was in Bradshaws comments on IG today. Guess that kills the debate, about Dylan and Ace not caring about winning lol

Reactions: SBP
we have two centers - Ogbole and Lathan.

I wonder if they will suffice for that position and if what we REALLY need is a tough, rebounding, defensive-minded 4.

Like a college-aged Dennis Rodman. a 4 that can do all the dirty work.

might be easier to find than a skilled 5 (which will fetch $$$$$$).

a 4 (as described).... might get more for the $ then a true 5 with offensive skills, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: goru7
I mentioned Bradshaw a few days ago as he is 7’1” tall and is from Roselle but played at Camden. I would love it if we could get him.

Reactions: SBP

Yes – – and make him either 7‘2“ or 7‘4“ with an uncanny ability to get away with moving screens. Then the board will be happy.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT