ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard interview....wow

RocktheRac

Heisman Winner
Sep 10, 2001
In an interview by Andrew Khan akhan1@mlive.com Juwan Howard was asked about the RAC last time Michigan played there Feb 20 2020 about an incident he hadn't mentioned before at the time. "The building is loud. Some fans are right behind you. The student sectioncan be a little wild. We've had beer cans thrown at us. That can be a little intimidating." I'm not sure the beer can throwing is totally true.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If I'm not mistaken, our PA announcer had to warn the students this season about throwing objects, so it's possible there was an incident.

My only question is whether the RAC was selling alcohol their last trip to Piscataway. And I couldn't see it happening from the general public seating.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
In the heat of the moment, plus a foggy memory, plus for some dramatic effect. We twist the facts in the midst of conversation but the narrative is the same. Probably wasn't a literal beer can, but he probably wasn't expecting anyone to fact check him either.

Or someone snuck some natty ice in their jacket and needed a useful way to dispose of their empties.

If I'm not mistaken, our PA announcer had to warn the students this season about throwing objects, so it's possible there was an incident.

My only question is whether the RAC was selling alcohol their last trip to Piscataway. And I couldn't see it happening from the general public seating.
That was about the floats this year I believe.

Wasn't the floats. Someone threw what looked like a piece of a pretzel at the Purdue bench.

Saw it myself, not hearsay.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Many years ago a fan sitting in the cushy seats threw a sausage during the Villanova Rutgers NIT game. Could have cost RU the game. I think he was banned from the RAC.

actually it wasnt Villanova, it was Temple
Yeah, that was my memory as well so I looked it up. A fan was ejected at the end of the Temple game for throwing a hot dog wrapper onto the court. I remember the refs giving Temple extra FTs because of that during a close game. I don't remember seeing this story when it was posted originally, but it is a good read about that season: 2003-04 Season: Oral History

I think so. It was the RU Villanova NIT game at the RAC. I think RU played Villanova like 3 or 4 times that year. lol

It was the RU Temple game from the first round. Almost cost us the game. Waters had a conniption

No kidding. And if it was an Auntie Em, once that thing hit the floor it would continue sliding right out the door and through New Brunswick because all the butter/grease on it.
That's why u get the cinnamon ones

I like the creativity from the student section more than vulgarity. "F--k You Lehigh" etc.

For those not at the CCSU game, a shorter player was shooting a foul shot and a kid yelled out "DOES SANTA KNOW YOU ARE HERE??" Pretty funny...

that comment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "f#$k you [opponent's school]"

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I was at that game and near his team bench. There were no thrown beer cans!

Howard was crying to RAC security about the fans behind him getting on him for his constant bench complaints to the Refs on every call.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT