ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Sargeant: Vivian Stringer will return next year

so, this is a football board and some FB fans have expressed they don't follow RU WBB.
So why not crickets :cool:
Some people are basketball first fans who resent football and pretend to be suppotive of football but take swipes at it and its fans and its support by the administration.

CVS has been great.. Obviously. She should retire.. She is 68 now. Its time.

Last edited:
Some people are basketball first fans who resent football and pretend to be suppotive of football but take swipes at it and its fans and its support by the administration.

I'm a WBB fan first, but I have to say that people who don't think a successful football program is important for the entire athletic department don't really understand college athletics at the highest levels. It's very unusual - and particularly unusual outside of the ACC - for a P5 department to be successful unless football is in good shape.

I'm a WBB fan first, but I have to say that people who don't think a successful football program is important for the entire athletic department don't really understand college athletics at the highest levels. It's very unusual - and particularly unusual outside of the ACC - for a P5 department to be successful unless football is in good shape.
You would clearly NOT be included among the basketball fans to which I referred. I think the vast majority of Rutgers fans, whatever sport they prefer, understand and support your point.

Reactions: BeKnighted
Question for anyone who may care to respond: Has CVS earned the right to determine her own retirement date, whenever that may be?

Question for anyone who may care to respond: Has CVS earned the right to determine her own retirement date, whenever that may be?
No coach should be able to determine how long they stay if their teams have losing seasons.
But their teams play since they became the HC should determine the respect for that coach's tenure is used to allow them to retire after achieving obtainable goals as long as the program has a winning record.

CVS has brought glory to RU thought her time as RU's HC and she has earned the right to have the RU AD look at what personal records are achievable and let Vivian know if she wants to stay till her contract expires, he's willing to back her up and help her achieve 1000 victories .
That would be a great accomplishment for C,Vivian Stringer and great PR for Rutgers having their HOF WBB HC notch her 1000th as the RU WBB HC.
Hobbs must remember what she has meant to Rutgers and how her program has set the standards others hope to obtain .
Hobbs probably will give Stringer till the end of her contract, because of what she has meant to
Rutgers and the respect she has brought to the University.

Vivian's last 5 years:
Big East
2011–12 Rutgers 20–13> 10–6 >6th NCAA First round
2012–13 Rutgers 16–14> 7–9 T-9th
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2014)
2013–14 Rutgers 28–9> 12–6> 4th WNIT Champions
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)
2014–15 Rutgers 23–10> 12–6> 5th
2015–16 Rutgers 19–15> 7–9 >8th WNIT Second Round

Reactions: Doctor Worm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT