ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Mulkey

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Just want to say that she is the best coach in the men's or the women's game right now. Her outfits are to bring attention to her team,not her. That is factual. She felt disrespected as a ridiculous 3 seed. She felt disrespected as not a Top 5 team. She returned 2 players and one starter. What she did was Quixotic.Congrats to her and her disrespected team!

Just want to say that she is the best coach in the men's or the women's game right now. Her outfits are to bring attention to her team,not her. That is factual. She felt disrespected as a ridiculous 3 seed. She felt disrespected as not a Top 5 team. She returned 2 players and one starter. What she did was Quixotic.Congrats to her and her disrespected team!
Bullsh!t about her ridiculous outfits. Listen to ESPN - they did a feature piece on her outfits. It's about the players Kim - maybe some servant leadership would gain more respect. She's an ass.

One of the best ever. She is needed for the game. Her coaching job this year is one for the ages.The hate she gets from this board is absurd

I don’t know anything about women’s basketball but I caught the 4th quarter and the trophy celebration

What I saw was Reese repeatedly taunting Clark to her face

And then did morris just taunt Clark again in the trophy presentation?

Never seen anything so blatant in that type of situation

Call me old school but the conduct of players on the court is usually a reflection of the coach

A REALLY bad look for LSU right there

Classless trashy behavior

I don’t know anything about women’s basketball but I caught the 4th quarter and the trophy celebration

Call me old school but the conduct of players on the court is usually a reflection of the coach

They are referencing things Clark did against Louisville and South Carolina.

Clark did the hand wave Against Louisville after hitting multiple 3s.
Then she waved off a South Carolina player instead of defending her. Morris referenced it as 'disrespectful defense' yesterday. Said it would not hold up against LSU.

Poor sportsmanship is a bad look for everyone.

They are referencing things Clark did against Louisville and South Carolina.

Clark did the hand wave Against Louisville after hitting multiple 3s.
Then she waved off a South Carolina player instead of defending her. Morris referenced it as 'disrespectful defense' yesterday. Said it would not hold up against LSU.

Poor sportsmanship is a bad look for everyone.

Ok fair enough

But the LSU players should have been smarter (1) Reese doing it at the end of the championship game is gonna get her faaaaar more negative attention than Clark doing it in the middle of the game in the elite 8. She also did right to Clark’s face….at least twice (2) and yes Clark waving off the girl on defense, in the middle of the game, is a bad look but, again, morris going out of her way to call out Clark in the trophy presentation is just a much worse look

Ok fair enough

But the LSU players should have been smarter (1) Reese doing it at the end of the championship game is gonna get her faaaaar more negative attention than Clark doing it in the middle of the game in the elite 8. She also did right to Clark’s face….at least twice (2) and yes Clark waving off the girl on defense, in the middle of the game, is a bad look but, again, morris going out of her way to call out Clark in the trophy presentation is just a much worse look
I am not a fan of poor sportsmanship. It is not a good look. They come off as jealous even though they won. I do think it is a bit of jealousy because Clark gets so much attention, but the negative stuff does not get called out.

Who knows what other trash talk was coming from Clark
This is true...Clark seemed to me to be pretty jerky at times (disrespectful to opponents), even before this tournament. However, I've read somewhere today that Reese thinks that any popularity this game had today was because of LSU. I really think that if this game does well ratings-wise, it will be because of Clark's last two games and Iowa's upset of an undefeated South Carolina in the semifinal game - not at all because of LSU's play. Does anybody know if Clark and Reese have any "history" from Reese's previous time at Maryland? They may both be great players but I wouldn't want a son of mine to ever bring either one of their smart-ass, disrespectful personas home as a girlfriend lol! Actually, it's a shame the Women's NCAA Championship Tournament exhibited this type of behavior in their Final Four...good sportsmanship really is dead for the most part. I really hate disrespecting your opponent...ever! As usual, I digress...GO RU!

Obviously LSU's title run speaks for itself, but heading the tournament, their best wins all year were against Tennessee and Georgia. They lost a big lead to Tenn in the SEC semis.

The two seeds went to Utah, MD, UConn, Iowa, who were all more deserving based on their performances in the regular season.

Now, if Mulkey used the #3 seed to motivate her team, good for her, but don't think it was wrong. They got hot and they got lucky (Utah player had 2 FTs down 1 with 4 seconds to go, and missed both of them). But most champions are both.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
They only had 2 losses and were a 3 seed...has the SEC fallen that far in respectability
with Mulkey going into her 3rd year and Stanley there , I think the SEC will be gaining more respect
Kellie Harper might bring the Tennessee program back into the limelight
and McPhee-McCuin is turning around the Old Miss program .

They only had 2 losses and were a 3 seed...has the SEC fallen that far in respectability
The SEC turned out to be stronger than others anticipated in the tournament (with Ole Miss pulling off huge upset over Stanford); but LSU's out of conference schedule was even worse than the RU men's. Their best OOC win was over a 13-18 Oregon St team.

They did well in the SEC (finishing second to SC), but their one loss to SC was by 24pts. Their best win in the season was one win over #4 seed Tennessee at home. Their best road win was at Alabama.

Truly, nothing they did in the regular season showed they were on the cusp of a national championship. But here they are.

Yes, par for the course here. Let's police the Black women's behaviour while letting the same behaviour go for white women. The LSU players were absolutely justified in pointing out the double standards that exist for both males/females and Black/white women.

It is very telling that so many people jump straight to the conclusion the people of colour have character flaws rather than wonder what the context is. Here is the context: you dish it out, you take it as well.

Has any other coach had a Championship at 2 different schools? I can’t think of one.
(not a FF, winning the championship)
if not, then like her dressing and antics or not, Mulkey stands alone

I can remember when she was playing with the pig tails at Louisiana Tech.
And I didn't like her then. I also didn't like her coach.
I will say she's done a great job putting this team together. Only wish we could do the same here
this off season.
I can't remember the Morris story while she was here. Could it be that she wasn't picking up the defense under CVS. Sure would have been nice to see her offense here.

Has any other coach had a Championship at 2 different schools? I can’t think of one.
(not a FF, winning the championship)
if not, then like her dressing and antics or not, Mulkey stands alone
On the women’s side, she’s the first to accomplish. On the men’s, Pitino did it first (although one was vacated I believe).

Love her or hate her, cannot dispute Mulkey’s coaching acumen. She took a bunch of transfers and in 2 years won a title. Impressive feat.

And I didn't like her then. I also didn't like her coach.
I will say she's done a great job putting this team together. Only wish we could do the same here
this off season.
I can't remember the Morris story while she was here. Could it be that she wasn't picking up the defense under CVS. Sure would have been nice to see her offense here.
Morris wasn't eligible until second semester so late December 2019. Played some games and got hurt. CVS had a tournament ready team that year so heavy minutes by the top six. Then covid shut down the post season. Morris eventually transferred to Texas A&M. I think she is from Texas.

Reactions: jerseybird

Living in LA I've had interaction with just about every fan base out there for one reason or another.

I can unequivocally say that LSU has the absolute most trash fanbase I have ever encountered.

And it's not really close.

It's pretty clear you haven't watched Caitlyn Clark at all. I love her game, but she can be a real ass on the court. They were just giving her some of her own medicine. If she can dish it out, she'd better damn well be able to take it.

@KevH

understood.

In this and other threads I previously acknowledged that I wasnt aware of Clark’s antics and indicated that it was a really bad look for her too.

Still think there is a little of apples-to-oranges tho

In-game taunting, while classless and unsportsmanlike, is nothing new.

But the LSU players doing it in the post championship celebration AND in the trophy celebration!?!?! Don’t recall seeing that before in women’s or men’s sports particularly at the college level. Make of it what you will. but it was something I hadn’t seen before

Last edited:
Morris wasn't eligible until second semester so late December 2019. Played some games and got hurt. CVS had a tournament ready team that year so heavy minutes by the top six. Then covid shut down the post season. Morris eventually transferred to Texas A&M. I think she is from Texas.
The announcers said she had an illness while she was at RU that almost prevented her from playing the game again. They didn't specify.

This womans championship got the most attention since Imus comments about RU.

All this stuff is great for interest. The theatrics by Mulkey and Staley are to sell the game and sell controversy. Reese buying into all that and shes hoing to het paid. Face it without Geno vs Pat the womens game became increasingly boring. With the NCAA now committed more towards highlighting the womens tourney you will likely see more of this. When men do it no one bats an eye but women doing it raises interest in the game. However at what cost, i would imagine that 5th and 6th graders will be mimicking the I dont see you gesture as soon as yesterday

This womans championship got the most attention since Imus comments about RU.

All this stuff is great for interest. The theatrics by Mulkey and Staley are to sell the game and sell controversy. Reese buying into all that and shes hoing to het paid. Face it without Geno vs Pat the womens game became increasingly boring. With the NCAA now committed more towards highlighting the womens tourney you will likely see more of this. When men do it no one bats an eye but women doing it raises interest in the game. However at what cost, i would imagine that 5th and 6th graders will be mimicking the I dont see you gesture as soon as yesterday

1Ro706.gif

LOL CE pushers trying to ruin the discussion and gong after the President and First Lady over politics.
Shame some are making this more about their political agenda than sports related.Some people only know how to spread hate instead of discussing whether inviting the runner up along with champion is a good move.

I feel having them both at the White House helps gain College WBB gather more attention and that will help the sport.
Along with showing the interaction between the teams , giving the public
a taste of what sportsmanship looks like.

Talking about the antics of players and coaches should be fair game, but political agendas belong on the CE board .
Yet time after time on every forum in this TKR board there are those that feel the need to turn threads into political issues from what the thread started out to be.
Shame on those who do so.

Reactions: dfr1966
LOL CE pushers trying to ruin the discussion and gong after the President and First Lady over politics.
Shame some are making this more about their political agenda than sports related.Some people only know how to spread hate instead of discussing whether inviting the runner up along with champion is a good move.

I feel having them both at the White House helps gain College WBB gather more attention and that will help the sport.
Along with showing the interaction between the teams , giving the public
a taste of what sportsmanship looks like.

Talking about the antics of players and coaches should be fair game, but political agendas belong on the CE board .
Yet time after time on every forum in this TKR board there are those that feel the need to turn threads into political issues from what the thread started out to be.
Shame on those who do so.

Its laughable to invite 2nd place..period

Has nothing to do with politics..ask Angel Reese...but no surprise you want to speak for her...pretty common with your ilk...now melt

Its laughable to invite 2nd place..period

Has nothing to do with politics..ask Angel Reese...but no surprise you want to speak for her...pretty common with your ilk...now melt
lol "your ilk."
and yes you can see politics in an answer , so get off your low horse and admit sometimes someone tries to make a needless political insult instead of sticking to the real issue.
But I don't expect that to happen because you always act like it's an us against them and driving wedges between posters here instead of trying to find ways for all to get along and just talk sports.
I'll point out when politics are being put where they shouldn't be , even if that makes you upset.

As for inviting runner ups, I thought it might be a good idea for the reasons I stated.
But as one Louisiana Representative implied , LSU deserves to be honored by themselves and not have anything take away from the honor they earned .
I can understand people feeling that way about only LSU be invited and that point is a good one and seems to have the most support .

About Reese , what I think of her as a player and or person is:
As a player, real good one.
As a person, not so nice in my opinion and that's not just about taunting.
Clark doesn't get any kudos for her taunts, but was nice to see that she refused to add fuel to the fire what asked about Reese's actions at the end of game.

Last edited:
lol "your ilk."
and yes you can see politics in an answer , so get off your low horse and admit sometimes someone tries to make a needless political insult instead of sticking to the real issue.
But I don't expect that to happen because you always act like it's an us against them and driving wedges between posters here instead of trying to find ways for all to get along and just talk sports.
I'll point out when politics are being put where they shouldn't be , even if that makes you upset.

As for inviting runner ups, I thought it might be a good idea for the reasons I stated.
But as one Louisiana Representative implied , LSU deserves to be honored by themselves and not have anything take away from the honor they earned .
I can understand people feeling that way about only LSU be invited and that point is a good one and seems to have the most support .

About Reese , what I think of her as a player and or person is:
As a player, real good one.
As a person, not so nice in my opinion and that's not just about taunting.
Clark doesn't get any kudos for her taunts, but was nice to see that she refused to add fuel to the fire what asked about Reese's actions at the end of game.
and she already is walking it bac

meanwhile lsu assistant coach bringing heat..great stuff for the sport actually

and she already is walking it bac

meanwhile lsu assistant coach bringing heat..great stuff for the sport actually

Shows she understands she made a mistake and listening to those who felt she made a big one in inviting Iowa.
Iowa's HC Lisa Bluder is one of the people who feel the thought of Iowa being invited along with LSU was a bad idea, but came up with a nice suggestion of the First Lady going to Iowa’s “House”.

Jill Biden as clueless as her hubby. So much outrage that she walks it back.

Reactions: bac2therac
This is what Jill Biden said:

“But, you know, I’m going to tell Joe I think Iowa should come, too, because they played such a good game.”

Certain individuals are acting like she changed the rules and singlehandedly changed the tradition herself and that it was really going to happen. There wasn't a chance in h*ll it would've happened. I'm pretty sure that she didn't fully understand the tradition when she made the comment. But certain people keep blowing her innocent comment and issues surrounding it out of proportion to support their political agendas. So what's new?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT