ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe King: Trouble in Wisconsin?

kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017
Didn't travel with the team to Iowa. Rumors he's unhappy with the coach.

Rutgers plays @ Wisconsin on February 23. King scored 18 against us at the RAC.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That is a big blow for Wisconsin if they don't kiss and make up. He is their 2nd leading scorer.

Upcoming schedule: tonight at Iowa; home vs. Michigan State; at Minnesota.

He has struggled to make shots lately. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him or there is a family issue.

That is a big blow for Wisconsin if they don't kiss and make up. He is their 2nd leading scorer.

Upcoming schedule: tonight at Iowa; home vs. Michigan State; at Minnesota.
Three losses and NCAA bid slim.

No one felt sorry for us when we had only 7 scholarship players in 2016 and Purdue pounded us 107-57. Mike Williams was guarding a 6'11" guy and Omari Grier was guard a 6'10". They pounded us on the boards all night long and their starters played most of the game. It was very upsetting to me as two Purdue fans bought the 2 seats next to my son and I and yelled all night long like they won the NCAA Championship. On top of it all 3 players were dressed on Purdue's bench and never even got into the game. Purdue just ran up the score last year as well and beat us by 35 and only 11 guys from Purdue got into the game. I feel like we need to focus and get a win tomorrow.

I remember all the posts about how Wisconsin wouldn't miss a beat losing Haap. Purdue would be fine losing Edwards. Turns out losing all B1G players actually does matter. Who could have possibly seen that coming?

Happ is not a loss....he's an undrafted non NBA talent....Edwards is a 1st team AA and NBA player on the Celtics....Wisconsin is projected as an 7 seed today, they landed as an 8 seed last year.

Purdue is still in contention for an NCAA bid and not going to be expected to make the Elite 8 like last year, but making the tournament is still considered a good program by most fans standards.

In regards to Kobe King, he is the one athletic front court guy and they have added Ohio State transfer Micah Potter since they left the RAC. They have a lot of freshmen coming in next year, may not matter in short or long term if King departs now or isn't around next year.

Reactions: bac2therac
He has struggled to make shots lately. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him or there is a family issue.

Unless someone is ill or dead - OR he’s suddenly a “baby daddy” - I sure as hell hope neither of those are the reason that he didn’t travel with the team. I’d throw him right the **** off the roster if so. Girlfriend broke up? LOL...[cheers]

I remember that game too. Foreman had to guard the 7'2" guy they had who came off the bench. Name I can't remember now. Remember that game 1212.

Unless someone is ill or dead - OR he’s suddenly a “baby daddy” - I sure as hell hope neither of those are the reason that he didn’t travel with the team. I’d throw him right the **** off the roster if so. Girlfriend broke up? LOL...[cheers]
I was being semi sarcastic about the girlfriend but I've lost count of how many college basketball players that I personally know went through some kind of an on the court slump because of some drama with their girlfriend

Thought he was a very fluid player with a nice mid-range game. Big loss for them at least as far as this year is concerned.

Wisconsin has 5 quad one wins...5-5....their sos is 3

if they go 6-5 the rest of the way, they are in the tourney at 18-13....at 5-6/17-14 a win in the B10 tourney might be enough, they won at Ohio State and at Penn State

he should totally sit out the rest of the year.

Just my opinion.

Edit: and for anyone who is going to downvote me or whatever because "we should want to beat teams when they're at full strength" kindly blow it out your arse :Poop
Honestly, with what’s at stake this year, I’m right there with you. I was having the same conversation about Livers being out the other day.

I was being semi sarcastic about the girlfriend but I've lost count of how many college basketball players that I personally know went through some kind of an on the court slump because of some drama with their girlfriend

Oh the slump part no question! Ha ha ha I agree with that buddy!

I remember all the posts about how Wisconsin wouldn't miss a beat losing Haap. Purdue would be fine losing Edwards. Turns out losing all B1G players actually does matter. Who could have possibly seen that coming?
Well I made it clear it would happen with Happ gone and Edwards and Ryan Cline gone at Purdue. You do not lose all Big 10 team first team players or 4 year players clutch from three and not take a step back . Some poster named Block m tried to argue that there are great players behind them. No there is not . Knew this year was a great opportunity for us with the amount of talent lost at Wisconsin, Minnesota , Purdue and Michigan . Did not know how far we would come but I thought we had to win at the RAC and protect home court. There must be a way to locate the exchange but not sure how to find it.

Happ is not a loss....he's an undrafted non NBA talent....Edwards is a 1st team AA and NBA player on the Celtics....Wisconsin is projected as an 7 seed today, they landed as an 8 seed last year.

Purdue is still in contention for an NCAA bid and not going to be expected to make the Elite 8 like last year, but making the tournament is still considered a good program by most fans standards.

In regards to Kobe King, he is the one athletic front court guy and they have added Ohio State transfer Micah Potter since they left the RAC. They have a lot of freshmen coming in next year, may not matter in short or long term if King departs now or isn't around next year.
Haap's NBA potential is completely irrelevant to this discussion. If you're saying he wasn't a very good college player you're just flat out wrong. Sorry Hawk. Not even a debate. Lot of bad takes flying around from you lately

As much basketball as you watch, you don't know what you are talking about in regards to Happ. Wisconsin does play a different way now, but he was an excellent player for his career at Wisconsin.

We should have beaten them 2 years ago at the Garden if our coaches would have made the correct decision to keep fouling him(which we did not). Just like teams will probably foul Myles down the stretch of games if he is in the games on offense for us.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Last edited:
As much basketball as you watch, you don't know what you are talking about in regards to Happ. Wisconsin does play a different way now, but he was an excellent player for his career at Wisconsin.

We should have beaten them 2 years ago at the Garden if our coaches would have made the correct decision to keep fouling him(which we did not). Just like teams will probably foul Myles down the stretch of games if he is in the games on offense for us.

Best of Luck,
Groz
If I was an opposing coach I would seriously consider the hack a Myles strategy when we are in the 1-1

Reactions: bac2therac
I know this might ruffle a few feathers for the PC crowd, but without Kobey King last night, there was a point in the second half of last night's game v. Iowa where there were 10 white guys on the floor. I can't remember the last power conference game where I saw that. Sorry for noticing!

I wonder if there is a path for him to return this year. They battled last night and really could have used him. If I was his team mate it would be hard not feel let down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT