ADVERTISEMENT

Lacking upperclassmen and team chemistry

Scarlet Blind

All Conference
Aug 5, 2001
Adding up the scholarship players on the depth chart that have been @RU more than 2 years together are about 25-30 players out of 85, not positive on who all 85 scholarships players are and aren't, but I'll guarantee we are on the low end of all fbs teams and even most fcs teams. I don't understand how anyone would believe there would be this instant chemistry or a recipe for success to win especially when we only have a few 4* and mostly 2* and 3* players. Eastern Michigan might have had lower ranked classes but I'll guarantee they have 45-50 or more 3, 4 and 5 year players. That is a huge difference when it come to team chemistry. Offensively and defensively most of the players on Eastern Michigan knew where they were very little breakdowns. There just isn't enough players on the Rutgers O or D that have been together long enough with plug and play grad transfers, freshman, and sophomores to play well consistently for 60 minutes. If that team chemistry happens, it might happen towards the end of the year. Doesn't help there have been 5 OCs in 5 years, but I guess I'll be ripped for making too much sense but would love to get some stats on the upperclassmen or years in the program and success or failure to said program, this year or in the past RU or any p5 school. It has to have some correlation.

Reactions: ashokan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT