ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Stadium has ALCOHOL but ALL CONCESSION STANDS ARE CASHLESS

Also, it appears there is no fee for the cash to debit card transaction) at least at Yankee Stadium).
Before someone wants to claim you have to pay extra to purchase things with the debit card.

Cash is legal tender & should always be accepted. I don’t get how they get away with that. What happens when “the system” goes down like happened to me at a convenience store about a week ago? Cash only..
Not only this — for a society obsessed with “equality” — prohibiting cash tender, which is the primary currency for the unbanked and underbanked, is such a direct discriminatory action it’s almost incomprehensible. I find hypocrisy like that too much

On the prepaid debit card — in a free society, why am I converting my legal tender to digital before I can use it?

Was at Wells Fargo the other night for Pearl Jam and they've gone cashless. Within 3-4 years I expect all large venues will be cashless. Not a fan of it, but it's not really an issue for me either.
So, how was Pearl Jam ?

Reactions: Section124
So, how was Pearl Jam ?
Fantastic. Had never seen them, somehow, despite wanting to (even had a ticket once, but something came up); we did see Eddie Vedder in Montreal in 2008 and he was great. Played 2.5 hours including a bunch of their big, early hits and a nice sampling of later albums and the new album, which is pretty good, and a couple of cool covers/snippets from other songs. Band is a seriously professional rock and roll band: very tight, but they also know how to improvise a bit and have fun on stage and Eddie is great with just enough banter to be engaging, but not so much as to be annoying. Crowd was juiced too, with lots of fun singalongs to the big songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2024/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-7baba638.html

In a free society, you can choose where to shop. The business owner is free to decide how they want payment.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Fantastic. Had never seen them, somehow, despite wanting to (even had a ticket once, but something came up); we did see Eddie Vedder in Montreal in 2008 and he was great. Played 2.5 hours including a bunch of their big, early hits and a nice sampling of later albums and the new album, which is pretty good, and a couple of cool covers/snippets from other songs. Band is a seriously professional rock and roll band: very tight, but they also know how to improvise a bit and have fun on stage and Eddie is great with just enough banter to be engaging, but not so much as to be annoying. Crowd was juiced too, with lots of fun singalongs to the big songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2024/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-7baba638.html
Saw them once. Never again. Vedder botched about everything incessantly and pretty much ruined the mood of the crowd. Shame.

I've seen them quite a few times over the years, but not recently.
I also love the new album ...particularly the tunes Upper Hand and Wreckage.
Never attended a Pearl Jam concert that wasn't great. Big, big fan of Eddie Vedder.
Thanks.

Reactions: RU848789
Good stuff, but how come your posts say 'Brought to you by MasterCard at the bottom."? 😜

Is this a safe space?

I’ve always thought these “cash for card” machines are a great way to launder money.
There isn’t any paper trail.

If you have stolen money, can’t you use this to “clean it” and get cards?
No store involved or anything.

Is this a safe space?

I’ve always thought these “cash for card” machines are a great way to launder money.

IDK. I'm OK with cashless. Been using Google pay more and more with my phone. A lot easier than fumbling with money or cards, don't have to carry a wallet for anything else the driver's license. Don't understand the adherence to cash, but to each their own.

IDK. I'm OK with cashless. Been using Google pay more and more with my phone. A lot easier than fumbling with money or cards, don't have to carry a wallet for anything else the driver's license. Don't understand the adherence to cash, but to each their own.
How about a federal reserve sponsored digital dollar?

As bad as Perry Farrell in Boston earlier this week? Throws a punch at Dave Navarro.

Friends of ours saw the Jane's Addiction/Love & Rockets show in AC last week and said Perry Farrell was horrible (voice shot, looked wasted). Think he needs help again. Bad week for 90s rock icons with this and Dave Grohl's fall from grace. Leave it to Oasis to be the representatives of brotherhood and love, lol.

• Haha
Saw them once. Never again. Vedder botched about everything incessantly and pretty much ruined the mood of the crowd. Shame.

Doesn’t he down bottles of wine during shows?
I can see it not going well on occasion and ruining a show.

I’m sure “younger” me would love it and the rock and roll aspect.
Older me is “just play the dam songs and don’t mess up my show.”

That's too bad - even the best artists have off nights. There are probably about a dozen artists I've seen 6+ times and almost all of them had at least one off night among those (although none I would say were terrible); the one exception is probably U2, who were always 100% on (those were all shows between 1981 and 1987, though, so maybe they've been bad at times after that).

Friends of ours saw the Jane's Addiction/Love & Rockets show in AC last week and said Perry Farrell was horrible (voice shot, looked wasted). Think he needs help again. Bad week for 90s rock icons with this and Dave Grohl's fall from grace. Leave it to Oasis to be the representatives of brotherhood and love, lol.
Ehh, on Dave Grohl. He's a rock and roll star. Never really loved the Foos, but they are tolerable enough. I don't bet on anything, but I'm willing to bet my life savings the Oasis reunion ends in a breakup half way through the tour.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

That's too bad - even the best artists have off nights. There are probably about a dozen artists I've seen 6+ times and almost all of them had at least one off night among those (although none I would say were terrible); the one exception is probably U2, who were always 100% on (those were all shows between 1981 and 1987, though, so maybe they've been bad at times after that).

Funny thing is that was “young” me…Sept ‘96…Randall’s Island.

Yeah, I get it, they all have off days/nights, but it just ruined it for me despite how much I liked the music at the time.

Is this a safe space?

No different than going to a bank. Small amounts ok

Apparently it's a thing. Vedder didn't have wine on stage with him in 2008, but definitely had a bottle of wine on stage the other night. I guess that can go awry at times, although I'm with you on the sloppy rock and roll aspect.

https://www.terroirist.com/at-wrigley-eddie-vedder-drank-nebbiolo/

One of the best shows I ever saw was the Replacements at Cook Gym the night they oversold the show (there were fake tix), so the band played at 8 pm and then added a 2nd show at 11 pm for those who couldn't get in to the first show (like us). By all reports, the 2nd show was much better and the band seemed fairly hammered (which they were known for) and a bit sloppy at times, but ferocious, which was more important, IMO.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-the-replacements-at-ru-1989.277014/

Ehh, on Dave Grohl. He's a rock and roll star. Never really loved the Foos, but they are tolerable enough. I don't bet on anything, but I'm willing to bet my life savings the Oasis reunion ends in a breakup half way through the tour.
Take the under, lol.

Do love the Foo Fighters, though. Saw them with our then 14-year old son in Binghamton in 2008, iirc, and a few years later at the free Central Park concert with them and Neil Young and Band of Horses (an amazing show). I also don't care too much about the personal lives of celebrities as long as they're good at what got them famous (and aren't eating pets, lol).

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT