ADVERTISEMENT

Lineup potential shifts. Wolf at 4

It's 2023, for the most part only Centers are inside players. And not even them all the time. Post up PF's (4's) were in vogue 45 plus years ago. Lol
Way too many fans still don't grasp this somehow. 4 perimeter plays and a big is the way. 4's need perimeter skills and a 3 point shot. Ideally athletic and long like Ace and Dortch, not Dean and Wolf

I didn't realize there was anyone left who still thinks Gavin won't start.
Hyatt lost his starting spot to Oskar but Gavin won't be able to start over him according to that prediction. A real head scratcher especially since Hyatt was even worse whenever we saw him get any minutes at the 3

Way too many fans still don't grasp this somehow. 4 perimeter plays and a big is the way. 4's need perimeter skills and a 3 point shot. Ideally athletic and long like Ace and Dortch, not Dean and Wolf

It's crazy.
I would assume (perhaps wrongly) it's CBB fans who "haven't watched the NBA in 79 years!".
I never watched much Miami Heat before the playoffs but Bam brings the ball upcourt 70% of the time. And he's their center.
Same with Denver. Not just Jokic (who is an anomaly). Aaron Gordon, Michael Porter Jr. - everyone on the court gets a rebound and brings it up. Nobody waits everytime for 1 specific "PG" to come back and get the ball.

Our best player in recent years was a "PF" who measured in at 6'5".
Remember all those RHJ post ups?
Ya me neither.

"Post player" just means someone who can't shoot or dribble.
If Chol or Wolf could shoot then they would play next to Clif most of the game.

I’m confused. He was brought in as a project burning a schollie we otherwise weren’t going to use. There was no downside as it’s always good to have a practice body. It was always a long shot that he’d become an impact player though (wasn’t close to 50 / 50 when he signed).

What new information moves the needle forward rather than status quo of where he started?
The whole thing about being brought in as a project burning scholarship, is a take you created.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
The whole thing about being brought in as a project burning scholarship, is a take you created.
“He’s as good of a shooter as we have,” Pikiell said. “He’s 6-9 and he's long. His wingspan is 7-2. Excited about him. I’m always nervous about a freshman that didn’t have a summer here. He just got here not too long ago. He’s probably five-six into it. He’s been really productive, he’s coachable, he’s a good passer, and he shoots the ball with a real confidence. He can get his own shot off and he reminds me of Akwasi Yeboah. He kind of plays like that and shoots the ball with confidence but with way more length. Still has to learn how to play college defense, but offensively, he’s a good player.”

“He’s as good of a shooter as we have,” Pikiell said. “He’s 6-9 and he's long. His wingspan is 7-2. Excited about him. I’m always nervous about a freshman that didn’t have a summer here. He just got here not too long ago. He’s probably five-six into it. He’s been really productive, he’s coachable, he’s a good passer, and he shoots the ball with a real confidence. He can get his own shot off and he reminds me of Akwasi Yeboah. He kind of plays like that and shoots the ball with confidence but with way more length. Still has to learn how to play college defense, but offensively, he’s a good player.”
Came in late, missed summer workouts. Was the 13th player on the roster which means he gets little practice time working on defense.

BUT, It's interesting that some people think he should have "learned how to play college defense" in those 19 minutes he played last year in garbage time, lol.

Last edited:
Hmm the more I find out about chol, the more bullish I am on his development. Like this kid could be in the NBA in 2024 if he polishes his game..6'9, long, athletic, fluid movements on offense, dribble, pass, shoot. Would like to see his layup package and how he finishes at the rim through contact. Midrange game as well but this makes me feel a little better about RU losing ndongo..

Hmm the more I find out about chol, the more bullish I am on his development. Like this kid could be in the NBA in 2024 if he polishes his game..6'9, long, athletic, fluid movements on offense, dribble, pass, shoot. Would like to see his layup package and how he finishes at the rim through contact. Midrange game as well but this makes me feel a little better about RU losing ndongo..
I was always high on Chol's potential, but come on man. He's not going from not being able to play last year to having a season this year that gets him into the NBA after 1 season

I was always high on Chol's potential, but come on man. He's not going from not being able to play last year to having a season this year that gets him into the NBA after 1 season
Lol not saying he will. Just highlighting he has the body type and from that pikell quote the skill set that will get the NBAs attention. If he can prove that he's a shooter and he plays defense the way I anticipate with those arms he will be on the radar. I'm not predicting him to be a one and done but a polished version of chol is a one and done players..

Ridiculous. There’s no such thing as an NBA body type. Either you are good enough or you aren’t.

A polished version is a one and done player ?

Will get NBA attention ?

Just like Myles Johnson was an NBA lock according to some ?

The homer opinions here are embarrassing and outrageous.

Jeez....
Ridiculous. There’s no such thing as an NBA body type. Either you are good enough or you aren’t.

A polished version is a one and done player ?

Will get NBA attention ?

Just like Myles Johnson was an NBA lock according to some ?

The homer opinions here are embarrassing and outrageous.

not going to argue about a 6'9" guy with a 7'2" wing span a 3ball and athleticism being coveted by the NBA.
lol my fault guys...RU will be lucky to be middle of the pack in the big ten with this roster. There are no proven scorers and even the defense is looking shaky with these returning players. RU is depending on guys that had no offers out of highschool to come in and contribute significantly. I hope pike can hang on to ace bailey.....that seems more like your speed.

I have always seen him as a 4. I'm sure he's filled out a bit after a year of S&C
I hope Pike tries two 4's sometimes instead of a 4 and a 5 - like Chol and Mag.
If those two can be corner shooters and defend big - the other guys have a lot of space to work with on offense

Mag started most of last season at the 4. Hyatt also started several games at the 4 as well and he’s 6’6” 220. The last few games of the year we were starting four guards and Cliff.

Almost no one plays a big guy at the 4 anymore.
Not sure of your definition of most as he did not start the last third of the season because of injury, being bumped by a big guy and landing awkwardly in the paint.

Jeez....

not going to argue about a 6'9" guy with a 7'2" wing span a 3ball and athleticism being coveted by the NBA.
lol my fault guys...RU will be lucky to be middle of the pack in the big ten with this roster. There are no proven scorers and even the defense is looking shaky with these returning players. RU is depending on guys that had no offers out of highschool to come in and contribute significantly. I hope pike can hang on to ace bailey.....that seems more like your speed.
Ok, so how many points and rebounds per game next year for this underrecruited phenom with an NBA future ? 4/2?

Not sure of your definition of most as he did not start the last third of the season because of injury, being bumped by a big guy and landing awkwardly in the paint.
Did someone else on the roster start more games at the 4 than him?

That’s also a pretty creative interpretation of how he got hurt. He injured his knee before getting bumped by anyone, and the guy he bumped (Malik Hall) is a whopping 4 pounds heavier than him.

It's almost like someone at Rutgers MBB is reading the handful of posters badmouthing Chol and put this out to let people know he is in the APC working hard and developing......🤔🤔🤔🤔

Ok, so how many points and rebounds per game next year for this underrecruited phenom with an NBA future ? 4/2?
Bro, I've never seen the guy play. All I said was he has certain attributes that NBA scouts look for. Being positive about the kid. You are right it's a long shot for him to be any good but from what pike is quoted as saying, "as good a shooter as we have" "can get his own shot off" "a good passer" "coachable". Put all of that together with a 7'2" wing span is why I said what I said. Didn't realize it would receive this much push back. It's just some positive affirmation but it's also the truth. You can choose to be negative, I can choose to be positive about the unknown. If you read the posts that upset you, I never said he's going to the NBA next year, I said if he polishes game as far as finishing at the rim through contact because in the little bit of tape I saw on YouTube looked like he had trouble. Also would like to see how he shoots it mid range.

Looks like he is squatting 95 pounds, not exactly the second coming of Charles Oakley . . .

I'm just about convinced you are not a Rutgers fan. No fan just looks to ridicule a player like you do. All you are doing is being over the top critical about one of our players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT