ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Northwestern

Shorten the rotations.. Let Mulcahy and Carter learn and watch from the bench.

GO RU

At the half Geo leading the team in shots taken and 3's taken. In what world do you let your worst shooter do that?

When do we stop giving up open 3s? Seriously. All freaking year. Teams are finally making them

Reactions: FrankZ
Coach P.'s daughter plays for NW, maybe she asked him to have a crap game? Well, she got her wish so far, but I think we will wake up.

Every opposing team knows you only have to sit in a compact zone and watch RU weave around the perimeter and then miss. The 2nd half will be dependent solely on RU’s D leading to easy points. Half court offense is trash

We can’t run our offense on the perimeter and win this game. Need to get the ball inside and create TO’s on defense.

Every opposing team knows you only have to sit in a compact zone and watch RU weave around the perimeter and then miss. The 2nd half will be dependent solely on RU’s D leading to easy points. Half court offense is trash
Win or lose, I’d love to know that - barring improvements and FAST - we find the remaining wins.

These guys walk by me to go to the locker room. They are gassed. We need to pressure the F-&$@ out of the them to start the second half and not let them get fluid

This...Rutgers caught teams off guard but Pike hasnt added any new wrinkles and teams are scouting us well

We need to force turnovers

Reactions: BOCA93
Better figure out how to attack the 2-3 zone since I will be shocked if we don't see a lot of it in the second half.

Booey or whatever is 34% from 3. He’s 3-3 tonight. They can’t keep this pace.

Jesus some of you guys are ridiculous with the premature ejaculation. We played a top 10 team on the road 5 days ago and were tied with about 2 minutes left... Now we have a really bad half and Pike has been exposed, the fan base will be lost after tonight, the team isnt trying.
Calm down.

Well heres the positive. A black eye type loss like this is going to finally open some eyes to the deficiencies of pike.

Credit to @RUsojo whos been all over it for a couple years now but i didnt wanna admit it as pike was at least having us competitive but reality is nothing has changed over pikes tenure, were still just competitive due to our D and it gives us a chance every game IF a team goes cold or is tired. We quite literally do not run an offense, straight up. Its unacceptable at this level of basketball.

the clock starts ticking on pike next year, ultimately I think we wont can him til after 2022 season though when ron, mathis, caleb and myles dont dance their senior year
Were you saying this 2 games ago? Give it a rest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT