ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Northwestern

Well heres the positive. A black eye type loss like this is going to finally open some eyes to the deficiencies of pike.

Credit to @RUsojo whos been all over it for a couple years now but i didnt wanna admit it as pike was at least having us competitive but reality is nothing has changed over pikes tenure, were still just competitive due to our D and it gives us a chance every game IF a team goes cold or is tired. We quite literally do not run an offense, straight up. Its unacceptable at this level of basketball.

the clock starts ticking on pike next year, ultimately I think we wont can him til after 2022 season though when ron, mathis, caleb and myles dont dance their senior year

They are better shooters, better rebounders and better passers. We may have better athletes, but better athletes that can't put an orange ball through an orange rim may as well be gymnasts because they are of no use on a basketball court.

Sounds like a post for the women's team!

NW fouling us is keeping us off rhythm. We have to score from the line.

Well heres the positive. A black eye type loss like this is going to finally open some eyes to the deficiencies of pike.

Credit to @RUsojo whos been all over it for a couple years now but i didnt wanna admit it as pike was at least having us competitive but reality is nothing has changed over pikes tenure, were still just competitive due to our D and it gives us a chance every game IF a team goes cold or is tired. We quite literally do not run an offense, straight up. Its unacceptable at this level of basketball.

the clock starts ticking on pike next year, ultimately I think we wont can him til after 2022 season though when ron, mathis, caleb and myles dont dance their senior year

I can’t see us losing this game tbh.

Finally penetrating this stupid zone. They’re certainly not going to shoot over it that’s for sure

Every 3 Geo takes is 4 feet behind the line. Even when he’s wide open he refuses to step up into an easier shot

0 for 3 or tonight and only Yeboah hit one last game.

When does the new practice facility open?

-11 at half.... Pike better light a fire under the teams @ss, outplayed completely in every aspect of the game for 20 minutes

Reactions: BOCA93
38-27..honestly we are lucky..signs of life last few minutes and forced Nwestern to hurry shots.

How big are the first few minutes of the 2nd half

Reactions: BOCA93
Pike should rip their heads off at halftime. That was embarrassing. They are lucky to be down by only 11

Our defense has to improve but the law of averages takes over with NW shooting in the 2nd half. On offense were being too unselfish. Shoot the ball!

Outscored 18-0 from 3 point range that says it all when you constantly leave guys open and we have NOONE who can make a 3 pointer

Huge comeback to close the half! Zero doubt Pike will win halftime once again. This game is basically over, chalk up another win for dear old Rutgers.

We need a couple shots to go down - then energy will rise and we take over. But need them shots to fall...

Almost every time we made them move to shot, they missed. When they get open looks, catch and shoot, they don’t miss.

Reactions: bac2therac
Heres the thing, northwestern is a bunch of overachievers who got to this level by working hard. Theyre not the most talented or athletic bunch but theyre smart, play hard and can hit open shots. We just play hard and pike just relies on his teams playing harder than the other team.

when the other team is playing just as hard, pikes teams are ****ed.

Reactions: bac2therac
The good is RU brought the deficit down to 11, and are getting more FT attempts and rebounds. I can’t see RU going 0-9 on 3 pointers again (law of averages to hit 30%).

Hope the fans turn NW into a bunch of deer in headlights once NW starts shooting in the student section.

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT