ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Northwestern

Good Lord on the NW shooting.
They are better shooters, better rebounders and better passers. We may have better athletes, but better athletes that can't put an orange ball through an orange rim may as well be gymnasts because they are of no use on a basketball court.

Amazing how good an offense can look when hitting shots. They are getting open looks and knocking them down. Meanwhile nothing but tentativeness and chaos on our end.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I’m amazed at how woefully unprepared RU is to start this game on both ends. They’re giving NW open shot after open shot mixed in with a back door cut every now and then. Forget about the O

Reactions: newell138
Pikes postgame presser: “give northwestern the credit, chris is a great coach. Big ten, best conference in the country, theres no easy nights in this league. I take the blame here, i didnt have the guys ready”. Blah blah blah. Coach, just ****ing teach these guys an offense to run, its pathetic to watch

Reactions: RUby RED
Johnson out beyond the foul line on D leaving Paul Mulcahy and Young under the basket so the NW bigs gets easy O rebound putback for 2.

The problem is he doesnt run an offense. Calling high ball screens every possession and occasionally running motion and horns is literally, and im not kidding when i say this, literally stuff youll see 4th grade GIRL REC teams running. Hes not a good coach, hes a motivator
Not true I coach 5th & 6th grade girls rec...fast breaks fast breaks fast breakd

NW is 50% from 3 and shooting nearly 20% above their season avg from the floor currently. Unreal.
Credit their coach for recruiting kids that can shoot the ball and not rely on athletes alone.

Bob wenzel just went into the RU huddle, said heres what pike said “he was clapping his hands and just talking aggressive telling them they need to play harder on screens and we’ll start running a weave on offense” hahahaha. Come on man, ohhhh shit we got them, theyll never know whats coming when we hit them with the weave

Reactions: bac2therac
You all need to settle down a bit, jeez. The world is not coming to an end , get a grip

Along with everything else that sucks tonight, NW is shooting into that weak-ass section of the crowd behind the basket. No intimidation over there whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT