ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE - Rutgers vs. Michigan Updates

Mvb has to know he can’t get backed out with a warning. Have to circle in take safe shot to avoid stall call.

The second stall he was prone on the ground when lewan pushed him out.
I thought MVB deserved the 1st stall call...I "guess" he deserved the second, but to me that was on lewan.

The second stall he was prone on the ground when lewan pushed him out.
I thought MVB deserved the 1st stall call...I "guess" he deserved the second, but to me that was on lewan.
Good referees but I've seen them ref. Michigan matches before. They could be semi Homer's

here's a thought....a new rule....if your opponent does not shoot the whole match....and you shoot at least once,but clearly the aggressor. you should be awarded a point at the end of the match........head lock, and counter wins the match...........still aguilar should have beat this kid............ru getting smoked by a lousy mich, team

Reactions: Leonard23
Michigan is not a lousy team. They are not the powerhouse they were last year and will be next year.

There was 1 surprise this match so far (125 loss). Realistically, we were not winning 141 without JOJO. We could win the next 4, but not favorites in them all. 285 is not going to be pretty but Esposito always gives it his all.

Quick mid-match observations

-Rutgers, as a whole, does a good job getting to legs, but a poor job finishing.
-Bottom is definitely the team's weakness.
-This team is not very good late in matches. Which, after Goodale's comments in the press conference after Purdue, is not too much of a surprise.
no mat awareness either...always wrestling on the edge with their(RU) backs facing OOB

Reactions: Lex Knapp
Second half of the dual meet getting underway. Brett Donner out for the Scarlet Knights to wrestler Tyler Meisinger

Donner with a pretty good single leg attack, and comes out the back door. Meisinger hanging on and a stalemate is called.

This time it is Meisinger in, but potentially dangerous is called on a Donner scramble attempt

Donner really has a sweet righty single. Just cannot seem to finish. First period ends with no score.

Donner starting the second period on offense.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Donner gets two off of Meisinger's shot to take a 2-1 lead. Less than 30 left in the period.

Donner able to keep Meisinger down the rest of the period. He will start the third period on bottom with a 2-1 lead.

Meisinger allows Donner to escape off the whistle. Donner follows it up with a takedown for a 5-1 lead. Rutgers needs Donner to find a major or more.

Donner cuts Meisinger and gets another takedown. 7-3 Donner after he cuts Meisinger once again

Donner able to walk away with a decision. Donner looked pretty good today. Rutgers still down, now 15-6.

Willie Scott wrestling Max Maylor at 174

I'll tell you what I'm really getting impressed with Donner lately. If he could be a little bit crisper on his feet and keep his head up he can do really well

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Scott gets to a leg, but he is unable to finish on Maylor. Goodale thinks it was two, though, as he throws the challenge brick.

Scott was a big point scorer in high school. Sluggish start but need a lot of bonus points

Great challenge by Goodale, as Scott is awarded a takedown after the refs take a second look.

Announcers love to mention Michigan injuries and olympic redshirts...no mention of our lineup sickness, injuries, olympic redshirt.

Scott high on the boot, and Maylor slips out for one. 4-1 Scott with a minute left in the first period.

Announcers love to mention Michigan injuries and olympic redshirts...no mention of our lineup sickness, injuries, olympic redshirt.

Don't remember them even mentioning JoJo the whole 41 match

Scott has rubber hamstrings. I pulled mine just watching that. He is able to avoid giving up a takedown, as Maylor had a cradle locked up as time ran out.

Reactions: MS-RU
Maylor starting the second period on bottom, and quickly escapes, to make the score 4-2 in favor of Scott.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT