ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE THREAD: Rutgers vs. Michigan from MSG

I don't want to pretend like I know about this team because I really don't ... but at some point the coach has to take the team aside and say, "Stop shooting 3s. You're shooting yourself right out of this game because you can't make any."

Doesn’t matter. Myles couldn’t put it in the ocean today from down low. But Harper and Geo cost is this game ultimately

Reactions: RUboston and Scangg
Michigan is better than their record and a tough matchup for us. Actually thought we'd lose a close one -- but damn it still hurts
Mich is better than their record. Disappointed we didn't adjust to the pick 'n roll though.

Reactions: Scangg
Their score has gone backwards over the past five minutes though the clock keeps advancing.

NBC hasn't been up-to-date on the score for the past half hour. And it also goes backwards in scores from time to time.

So, is it over? And was the final score 67-66, which was the most points that showed up on ESPN's scoreboard, though just briefly?

i

Thanks.

it was 69-63

RU went into the half with a 1 point lead and the momentum, but M came out of the break and went on a run. What went on in each locker room at the half? That and some unnecessary panic 3 point shooting at the end did us in. Really needed this one and could have had it.

um what ? Michigan was up 3 at half and ru took the lead quickly in the 2nd . Look we didn’t play well , it happens , need to figure out how to translate the intensity to road games and we’ll make the tourny

we are called 21 fouls on their 47 shots.. for 16/24 FTs
they are called 12 times on out 83 shots for 3/5 FTs
That's unbelievable. We didn't bring our A game so I wasn't feeling that jobbed by the refs -but I may change my tune looking at that discrepancy.

Reactions: QD43
um what ? Michigan was up 3 at half and ru took the lead quickly in the 2nd . Look we didn’t play well , it happens , need to figure out how to translate the intensity to road games and we’ll make the tourny

Sorry, you're right. We went up by one early in 2nd, then M went on the run.

Michigan takes a bad shot less times than almost any team. We take tons of them.

I'm not blaming these refs. But I have never seen this crew all season long. Some of the fouls against us were horrible. But that's not why we lost. We were out of rhythm all game. Harper and Geo once again disappeared all game and Myles never got going.

What killed us all game was our bad rotation on the perimeter.m on D. And the fact we shot so poorly and we were still in the game is a testament to our defense. Damn I'm pissed. We need to kick their a$$ when we play them at the RAC.

Wasn't that we shot so poorly....the shot selections were piss poor. There were alot I'll advised shots. Took a ton that had no shot of going in before it left their hands. If you want to be a contender and not a pretender you have to make good decisions
If it's a one on 4 and you need a score you bring the ball out and work a good shot...
How many times did we drive the baseline with no option to pass to anyone other than a desperation pass that had no chance of getting there. We were not very disciplined or fundamentally sound on either side of the ball. One on one ball is not going to get it done. Yet we still had a chance to win at the end
I'm still baffled by 37% at the line. My 10 yr old daughter will knock down 50%

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
didn't deserve the w. i love pike but he got out coached today. the lack of defense of adjustment was sicking
Sometimes it's not the coaching, at the end of the day you still need players to show up and play and not enough of them ever got off the team bus.

We were 60% from the foul line. We were 3-5 and I believe Johnson took 4 of those. We didn’t shoot badly from the FL we just didn’t get there

Reactions: RUnTeX
Wasn't that we shot so poorly....the shot selections were piss poor. There were alot I'll advised shots. Took a ton that had no shot of going in before it left their hands. If you want to be a contender and not a pretender you have to make good decisions
If it's a one on 4 and you need a score you bring the ball out and work a good shot...
How many times did we drive the baseline with no option to pass to anyone other than a desperation pass that had no chance of getting there. We were not very disciplined or fundamentally sound on either side of the ball. One on one ball is not going to get it done. Yet we still had a chance to win at the end
I'm still baffled by 37% at the line. My 10 yr old daughter will knock down 50%

this...did not value the possessions and shots we took and aware of the situations...down 5 with over 2 minutes, why settle for 3s, RU was chipping away, sure everyone would love the 3s but sometimes you need to outsmart them. I think that 1 on 4 was Caleb I think and Young also trying too much

Sometimes it's not the coaching, at the end of the day you still need players to show up and play and not enough of them ever got off the team bus.
it seemed like the plan was to double simpson and let the big run free after the screens. to me that was coaching. miles out past the 3 point line doubling simpson was crazy to me

Reactions: Scangg
it seemed like the plan was to double simpson and let the big run free after the screens. to me that was coaching. miles out past the 3 point line doubling simpson was crazy to me
If you pressure him hard you create bad passes. Just seemed we played really slow today. When your chasing the ball all over the floor on defense you are not going to have alot of success. Offensively we played alot of one on one ball with a bunch of players standing around. Our defense worked hard theirs didn't, we never put their defense on the defense
All the one on one play was in front of the defender, they never had to chase passes or the ball.

We were 60% from the foul line. We were 3-5 and I believe Johnson took 4 of those. We didn’t shoot badly from the FL we just didn’t get there
3 of 5 not a big enough sampling.....but 60% sucks

It's now about 4 hours after the end of the game and NBC has rolled back the clock to the beginning of the game! There's no score. Perhaps we can win it the second time around.

Both NBC and ESPN were major failures today with their updates to the scoreboard. At one point, ESPN showed the score as 67-66, with Michigan on top but RU finished with just 63. How can they screw this up so badly?

It's now about 4 hours after the end of the game and NBC has rolled back the clock to the beginning of the game! There's no score. Perhaps we can win it the second time around.

Both NBC and ESPN were major failures today with their updates to the scoreboard. At one point, ESPN showed the score as 67-66, with Michigan on top but RU finished with just 63. How can they screw this up so badly?
Lol

Green knight
3-5 and 60% tells you nothing. If we made one more than 4-5 is 80% still means nothing. Our worst free throw shooter took most or all of the free throws. The free throw % today was meaningless. You can’t say free throw shooting was so bad, there was no where near enough numbers to say that.

Green knight
3-5 and 60% tells you nothing. If we made one more than 4-5 is 80% still means nothing. Our worst free throw shooter took most or all of the free throws. The free throw % today was meaningless. You can’t say free throw shooting was so bad, there was no where near enough numbers to say that.
I just said that...3-5 not enough of a sampling didn't I. I never said our free throw was the problem. Our 56 MISSES were the problem

You said our FT % sucks. My point is it’s impossible to say that when we only took 5 shots all or most by our worst shooter. If we made one more it would have been 80%. I wouldn’t say our % was great because the sample was way too low.

You said our FT % sucks. My point is it’s impossible to say that when we only took 5 shots all or most by our worst shooter. If we made one more it would have been 80%. I wouldn’t say our % was great because the sample was way too low.
Our team FS are in the 60's for the year that SUX dont sugarcoat it. Foul shooting was not the problem tonight except when u needed 2 FT's and MJ threw up 2 bricks. 56 MISSES was the problem

Your original post stated we shot 37% from the line I was just making a point that was incorrect. And I do know our % for the year is not good but that had no effect on today’s game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT