ADVERTISEMENT

"Living On A Prayer"??

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Are the PU students singing that purposely? If so, I gotta give it to them, well done!

yes and they did a great job. Oh to have an arena all dressed in sync too...I do not think that will ever happen at RU due to the east coast demo and attitudes

yes and they did a great job. Oh to have an arena all dressed in sync too...I do not think that will ever happen at RU due to the east coast demo and attitudes

Not these days. I've been trying to get Sarah, since middle of 2016 season, to market "WEAR RED TO THE GAME" again to no avail. Absolutely sucks and it's even worse for hoops than football. Last time we truly wore "red" in unison, for hoops, were the 2 games at MSG for the NIT in 2004.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
plus there are group of students or zombies that sit in 110 who just refuse to wear red...not to mention we have the lower level fans who just simply not wear red...using the excuse that they work...is RU the only place where people go to the game from work

Prior to our 1st year in the B1G 10, I read that Purdue's student section is considered the most boisterous and vocal of all B1G 10 Schools

If you want everyone to wear red you need to either put red t-shirts on every seat in the arena or have a very committed and passionate fan base that gets the whole wear red thing and they show up in red.

Where Rutgers I would recommend going to t-shirt route for now

Reactions: JoeRU and Rufaninga
If you want everyone to wear red you need to either put red t-shirts on every seat in the arena or have a very committed and passionate fan base that gets the whole wear red thing and they show up in red.

Where Rutgers I would recommend going to t-shirt route for now
People used to wear red all the time at football games. They just needed to be told to do so. "Wear red to the game". Was big around these parts not too long ago.

plus there are group of students or zombies that sit in 110 who just refuse to wear red...not to mention we have the lower level fans who just simply not wear red...using the excuse that they work...is RU the only place where people go to the game from work
Enough with the people in the lower level B.S. We're all fans - there are about 50 people in the upper deck and apparently they're all wearing red, singing the fight song, and writing big checks. Spend a few bucks and join us downstairs and show us what real fans look like or cram it.

Are the PU students singing that purposely? If so, I gotta give it to them, well done!

It was being sung, and normally the student section does it, but the students aren't back from break yet so it was just the regular fans taking their place.

30 point losses like last nite at Purdue won’t feel any better to RU fans who are wearing red to the games.

Mackey is a great venue to see a game in...but it's in just another small time college town with nothing else going on, so if they didn't do it better than most it would be an epic fail.

The students weren't there last night, and we've heard the Bon Jovi thing done all over the country....so no credit given for that. The building was full for the most part with sub zero temps outside (quite a feat) but had little impact on the game.

In fairness though, I don't know that I've ever seen an opposing fan bases A game, merely because we traditionally have been an easy out on the road

Mackey is a great venue to see a game in...but it's in just another small time college town with nothing else going on, so if they didn't do it better than most it would be an epic fail.

The students weren't there last night, and we've heard the Bon Jovi thing done all over the country....so no credit given for that. The building was full for the most part with sub zero temps outside (quite a feat) but had little impact on the game.

In fairness though, I don't know that I've ever seen an opposing fan bases A game, merely because we traditionally have been an easy out on the road

We sold out 14k for Lipscomb last week while the students are away. It's a hot ticket right now with most everything else in the area in the toilet (Pacers/Colts/IU). As for the "Living on a Prayer" thing, you're right that's not unique. I live in South Bend and catch an occasional Notre Dame basketball game and I think I heard them do this many years ago although I couldn't be sure if they still do it at this time.

At least it looked like you had the best seats in the house

What would be your favorite Big 10 away venue so far?

At least it looked like you had the best seats in the house

What would be your favorite Big 10 away venue so far?

They might have looked like the best seats, but they are far from it.

Those seats are about 6 inches below floor level, which is about 3 inches higher than most others to begin with. Add to that the fact that the scorers table is just a few feet away...not a good combo. Can't really see the play on the floor below waist level at times.

Never going to complain about sitting front row center floor though!

Penn State is my favorite away venue in the B1G, as it's the only one we've won at! ;)

Most impressive though is a toss up between Indiana and Purdue, with IU leading by a nose.

Worst in the league? Ohio State plays in a run down cookie cutter dump. Michigan State is surprisingly drab and dingy....but Illinois takes the prize. It's a brand new Renovation, but their fans are intolerable for no apparent reason, and the town itself has absolutely nothing going for it.

I watched part of the Purdue vs Nebraska game on Sat ... and they came back from commercial to the crowd signing “livin on a prayer” ... so seems like it’s not unique or particular to games vs RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT