ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Rivera might be going back down to 133

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013

"65kg for the moment but I see some changes in the future "

This makes the most sense since I doubt he was cutting much weight last season and it showed since he was noticeably smaller that most of his opponents. Excited to see him back at his more than likely ideal weight for his final season.

This also allows Sammy to slide in/compete at 141 with Aragona, etc.

Sebastion has shown that he is more than competitive at 141, even when at a strength disadvantage. We all know the difficulty and strength issues with cutting too much weight. Would it not be better for him to work on increasing muscle mass? If he does retreat to 133, he has shown that he can beat the best out there. I hope he studies how RBY beat Fix.

While Seabass retreating to 133 solves some existing line-up issues, how might that influence Raimo's decision?

Maybe Sea Bass thinks his best shot at a NC is 133 going against Fix, DeSanto, and RBY.

There's a chance Desanto self implodes by then. RBY is the biggest threat. Fix? Figure out a way to take him down or get riding time to win. He has the propensity to do very little in the biggest matches (Suriano, RBY) besides back up and not get called for it. I will add, Seabass will need to improve on takedown defense to beat the best in whatever weight class he chooses.

I’m not sure Fix stays at 133 next year. He looked enormous for the weight this year.

That depends on if he will accidently be drinking daddy's unlabeled milkshakes again in the future..which coincidently was supplied by Fix's athletic trainer, wasnt it?

Can’t have too many top caliber wrestlers. Let competition sort out who goes where!

That's the depth we need as a program to compete for team trophies. Multiple time State/Fargo/Prep/S32 champs redshirting and backing up starters. Makes everyone in the room better and doesn't lead to complete rebuilding years we've experienced in the past.

We don’t know his intentions so I would think Scott must do what he thinks is best for the RU program and if that means getting a Raimo you go for it. You also have to think about allocating dollars and there may not be enough left for Suriano. It is a difficult balancing act. The longer Nick spends in beautiful Arizona, my opinion is the less likely he returns here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT