ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi: Hall now first 4 out…

tumblr_mk6y84k9Hm1s2gg27o1_400.gif

If Michigan Stats gets in, they really do play the metrics well
Just looked at their schedule. Forget quad wins or metrics.

They have exactly two impressive wins.

Baylor in Detroit by a lot
Illinois at home

Combine that with only 10-10 in conference in a down year for the league.

If it was up to me they wouldn't be in

There are a large group of teams that are similar to Seton Hall and St.John's that have comparable records with some great wins and some bad losses.The perception of leagues comes into play where the Big East has three outstanding teams which are highly rated and a additional four teams that are perceived as bubble teams.Rutgers was a bubble team last season and wasn't selected for the NCAA Tournament.

I don’t think St. John’s or seton hall should get in. They are decent teams but don’t think either one would win a first round game. Big East is top heavy. 3 team league.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Shoe deserves to be first one out and top seed in NIT. They deserve our fate last season.

They don’t deserve based on eye test and their overall resume.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
I don’t think St. John’s or seton hall should get in. They are decent teams but don’t think either one would win a first round game. Big East is top heavy. 3 team league.
St.John's with their offense could easily win a first round game.They gave UConn a battle matching baskets for most of the game.

Illinois at home

Agree
You shouldn’t be rewarded just for playing good teams. I get it, the have a good OOC. But like you said 10-10 in league play on a down year and lack of quality wins. Very unsexy resume

Illinois at home

Tom Izzo (I'm sure that many folks will say that doesn't matter. I think it does for a bit).

I’m no Hall fan (of course) but I agree. The more you look though the more their resume is a lot like ours last year. A few very good to great wins and some head scratchers particularly OOC (including us).
Did they have an in conference away win stolen from them and a neutral Court win that was changed to a home win?

:)

Seton Hall and St. John's had good seasons but they both had some bad losses as well. Seton Hall was # 64 in Kenpom and we finished # 42 in Kenpom and we didn't make it. We missed out after losing 8 of 11 games after Mag got hurt but we were rated so much higher last year than they were this season looking at the entire season which the committee is supposed to do. In fact 98% of those who predict the brackets had us making the tournament. Seton Hall lost to Rutgers, Iowa, Missouri and Southern Cal in their out of conference and they lost badly to Xavier (by 20), Marquette (18), Villanova (26), Creighton (21) and St. John's (19) at MSG. They also had 4 wins over Depaul who was rated over 310 in the nation and Georgetown by only 4 and 6 points and had a very bad season. Overall it seems they will probably miss the tournament. I think the losses by so many points probably made the difference if they should fail short. We know too well how that feels.

Reactions: jrm75
Did they have an in conference away win stolen from them and a neutral Court win that was changed to a home win?

:)
We had an in conference home win stolen from us (Creighton) and games against Missouri in KC and USC in San Diego counting as neutral. Is that close enough? Haha

Up 2 with the ball and a few seconds left, not as definitive as yours but a 99.9% chance of closing it out with the right call.
it was a foul right? (admittedly I don't remember it) Judgment call from the ref that may or may not have been bad (looked like a bad call). That happens many times every game day.

Heres what doesn't happen every day--a non judgment call that erased a road W and an NCAA bid.

completely different.

it was a foul right? (admittedly I don't remember it) Judgment call from the ref that may or may not have been bad (looked like a bad call). That happens many times every game day.

Heres what doesn't happen every day--a non judgment call that erased a road W and an NCAA bid.

completely different.
Nah, I'm talking about the end of regulation. Gave Creighton a timeout after about 7 seconds of failing to inbound instead of calling the violation. Jays took advantage of their mulligan to tie it with a buzzer beater. 3 OTs later, didn't go out way. There was the foul situation at the end of OT2 that also took our potentially winning point off the board, but it shouldn't have even gotten there.

Hilarious when your board mocks us when we blame the refs.

The refs in that specific game were atrocious both ways.

Name one team with a conference record of 13-7 from the ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and SEC, that didn't get an at-large bid. It never happened.

The worst SHU loss this season was to Rutgers - NET 102. Nine of their conference wins were against teams with a NET above 67.

The Mountain West has 4 bottom feeders with NET rankings of 159 or worse. The top 7 teams in the league get 8 automatic wins at the expense of the 4 lowly teams. Several MW teams have below .500 records in conference when you exclude the wins against the lowly 4. The prediction is that 6 Mountain West teams are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT