ADVERTISEMENT

Mag Injury

His missing any time hurts what we do on defense.
I do think Hyatt can be very good, opportunity for Reibs and Oscar to play some meaningful minutes at the 4

Reactions: Scangg
We will really miss Mag and I feel bad for him also because he seems like a great kid. But one positive is we outscored Michigan State by 12 in the second half without him. Pike can coach and will make adjustments. The season is not lost

They are hoping it’s just a bad sprain and out for regular season back for BTT

I just placed a bet on Mish St to win
You would have had it too if it weren't for an act of God 🤣

MRI. X-ray is useless here.
Not necessarily. I hyper extended my knee when I landed playing bball and the weight from my femur hitting my tibia caused a compression fracture

Don't think that happened here but odd things can happen

Let’s just hope at the worst he hyperextended it and will only miss a few games. We really need him and if he is out for any extended time Hyatt and Palmquist really need to step up.
At worst? That's best best case scenario

It’s always horrible when any player gets hurt. However, if this happened 3 weeks ago, a lot of fans wouldn’t have thought it would hurt the team much. He’s shown such promise the last 3 weeks, like he was ready to break out. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: 80RU
Just thinking out loud. I wonder how far along Chol is in practice? He seems to be redshirting .

His missing any time hurts what we do on defense.
I do think Hyatt can be very good, opportunity for Reibs and Oscar to play some meaningful minutes at the 4
He's sooo huge for what we do on D. It's very concerning if he is done. Will we be able to play elite elite top 5 nationally type defense? Hard to imagine we can play at THAT level

You would have had it too if it weren't for an act of God 🤣

Not necessarily. I hyper extended my knee when I landed playing bball and the weight from my femur hitting my tibia caused a compression fracture

At worst? That's best best case scenario
Exactly. Reread what I wrote.

The past 3-4 years my fandom was the pursuit of the NCAA tournament. This year started the same way. As the season has evolved I started to think winning the NCAAs

If Mag is done my expectations are wiped out

We go from 2% to .1%

The past 3-4 years my fandom was the pursuit of the NCAA tournament. This year started the same way. As the season has evolved I started to think winning the NCAAs

We go from 2% to .1%
I love Mag but no one player is worth that much.

It looked like the injury occurred prior to the final jump for the shot. He had kind of hop-stepped to set up for the jump shot or layup. And on the hop-step landing, his right foot seemed to slip very slightly sideways, perhaps on some sweat on the floor, before catching on dry floor and coming to a full stop. And he was already pushing off for the shot while the foot was still moving on the floor.

That slight sideways skidding movement of the foot before stopping, while weight is shifting through the knee, compounded by the push-off force to jump, compounded further by the foot suddenly sticking to the ground in the midst of everything else, creates a moment of explosive torque inside the knee.

You see it in games played on artificial turf all the time. I saw a girl on one of my teams, on a slightly wet turf field, skid and stop the exact same way as she was stopping, from a very slow jog, to bend over and pick up a soccer ball for a throw in. It looked like nothing at all. But she went down momentarily as she took another step, got back up and something was off. Sure enough, she had torn her ACL.

And I’ve seen it several times more. Saw it happen other ways too. But that sideways slide an stop is a common way it happens. Only apparently takes a few millimeters of lateral movement.

Anyway, it could be something much less problematic. We will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: csphi

We go from 2% to .1%
The realistic goal this year is the sweet sixteen. When the Calvary comes over the next few years then we can start thinking about final fours and more.

Unless anyone here touched his leg and examined it it’s all speculation. Good sign that he came back to the bench.
Thinking that Mag coming back to the bench is a good sign is also speculation. 😉

In reality, it means little. One of my kids tore his PCL in a soccer game and kept playing for about a minute after the fall that caused the injury before I could see his gait change slightly and pulled him. He didn’t really show much pain, although it got worse later in the day.

You know right away if he tore an acl. Usually..

MRI to me would likely be to confirm a sprain
According to Mayo, An MRI can show the extent of an ACL injury and signs of damage to other tissues in the knee, including the cartilage.

According to Mayo, An MRI can show the extent of an ACL injury and signs of damage to other tissues in the knee, including the cartilage.
Yes you can sprain your ACL/MCL without completely tearing it. Like I said above usually they know right away if he tore it and then send him to MRI to confirm.

But if that was the case (hopefully not) I feel like we would have heard a comment like “it’s not good”

Time for the bench guys, including Oskar, to step up. He can give us minutes, fouls, and a couple threes if he plays aggressively and with confidence.
Yes. However the minutes have been there all year for the taking and no one has stepped up.

If Mag is out there are 5 candidates to take the minutes and they all are very different players

Yes. However the minutes have been there all year for the taking and no one has stepped up.

If Mag is out there are 5 candidates to take the minutes and they all are very different players
Always different when a guy is known to be out and unable to play. Other guys know they’ll be given a longer leash to show what they can do.

In the case of Oskar, that Minnesota game was important for his confidence. I suspect he’ll have a few more opportunities to shine before being relegated to the bench again. Hope he makes the best of it.

Now we have a bunch people hoping it’s ACL so they can be right. Miserable RU fans.
I didn’t read that anywhere in this thread. Which posts stated that? As much as I may disagree with some posters, I don’t think anyone here wants to be “right” about it being an ACL.

Always different when a guy is known to be out and unable to play. Other guys know they’ll be given a longer leash to show what they can do.

In the case of Oskar, that Minnesota game was important for his confidence. I suspect he’ll have a few more opportunities to shine before being relegated to the bench again. Hope he makes the best of it.
I hope Simpson can be that guy. I realize he isn’t the optimal guy. Maybe if he knows 15 minutes are a given he can relax on offense and not try to make 3 plays on 1 possession.

A lot of people said Simpson is Geo clone. Did Geo ever play this recklessly? And wtf was Simpson doing at the end of the game?

You’re going to get the same no D from Dean plus Dean and Simpson are train wrecks offensively. Simpson can't play the 4 also.
I’m not a fan of Dean but his D is marginally better than Palmquist’s and he’s slightly bigger. Palmquist is only a threat if he is wide open. As soon as he puts the ball on the floor, it’s a turnover. Dean is a D1 backup and I don’t think Palmquist is a D1 player. Simpson doesn’t figure into the equation since he’s a backup guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT