ADVERTISEMENT

MATCH THREAD: #13 Rutgers Wrestling vs Indiana, 12pm, RAC, BTN +, lineups :

JVB did not wrestle because he wrestled attached at the ESU Open and has too many matches. He can only wrestle 1 of these 3 of IU, OSU or Northwestern. He will with go tomorrow or Sunday against NU
Didn't know that there is a cap on number of matches you can wrestle. Would that keep him out of the National Dual as well?

Looking forward :
at Ohio St- loss (probably only win 141 and 157, but hoping for some upsets. Gravina vs Myles Martin should be intesting..

Home vs Northwestern- Win, might only lose 2 match ups..
The return of 3x NJ champ Johnny Sebastian. Not sure who we match up against him at 165.

Big 10 Tourney- if only 3 make the Podium, other than Ashnault taking first, not sure anybody else makes the podium, although Theobold would be next best chance, then JVB, then Gravina (184 insane deep).
RU will probably finish around 8 or 9 this year in Big 10 team tourny standings).

NCAAs- 4 definite qualifiers- Ashnault, Theobold, Van Brill and Gravina. Good chance qualifier with Del Vecchio. Long shots:
Pagano , Gross and Correnti. Almost no shot- Paetzell , and 165.

Most likely- 6 Qualifiers. Best case: 7 Qualifiers. Worst case-4

Am I way too far ahead of myself ? lol

Looking forward :
at Ohio St- loss (probably only win 141 and 157, but hoping for some upsets. Gravina vs Myles Martin should be intesting..

Home vs Northwestern- Win, might only lose 2 match ups..
The return of 3x NJ champ Johnny Sebastian. Not sure who we match up against him at 165.

Big 10 Tourney- if only 3 make the Podium, other than Ashnault taking first, not sure anybody else makes the podium, although Theobold would be next best chance, then JVB, then Gravina (184 insane deep).
RU will probably finish around 8 or 9 this year in Big 10 team tourny standings).

NCAAs- 4 definite qualifiers- Ashnault, Theobold, Van Brill and Gravina. Good chance qualifier with Del Vecchio. Long shots:
Pagano , Gross and Correnti. Almost no shot- Paetzell , and 165.

Most likely- 6 Qualifiers. Best case: 7 Qualifiers. Worst case-4

Am I way too far ahead of myself ? lol
We still have our National Dual the weekend of Feb 19th. Not sure we would face off against though, but the matchups are announced on Feb 12th.

Reactions: Abro1975
We still have our National Dual the weekend of Feb 19th. Not sure we would face off against though, but the matchups are announced on Feb 12th.

Good catch ! If i'm calculating correctly and admit I don't know all the criteria for selections for the NWCA duals. It looks like Ru will be the 7th or 8th Big 10 team in and most likely would get S.D St or App St or even N Iowa. Would love to get Oklahoma or even Lehigh again, but don't think we will.

Last edited:
Good catch ! If i'm calculating correctly and admit I don't know all the criteria for selections for the NWCA duals. It looks like Ru will be the 7th or 8th Big 10 team in and most likely would get S.D St or App St or even N Iowa. Would love to get Oklahoma or even Lehigh again, but don't think we will.
I think we'll finish 6th in the B1G at 6-3...tiebreaker over Illinois due to head to head. Would love to draw Oklahoma...was hoping for Mizzou or NC State but we won't finish high enough to get them.

Reactions: Abro1975
RU fans RonDiane helping the ref call 2 points for take down! lol

16508961_10211090456273392_599468008136375963_n.jpg

Oklahoma wont make the field in National Duals especially after their loss to South Dakota. App.State (SOCON Champ) or Edinboro (EWL Champ) will probably be our destination.

Its Top 8 Ranked B1G teams visiting the 6 Conference Champs (minus PAC) and 2 Wild cards.

Last edited:
We def don't want Lehigh this year. I also think Pagano has a very good chance at Qualifying for NCAA. He has 4-5 ranked wins so I think he can get a a WC if he doesn't get a spot at B10.

We def don't want Lehigh this year. I also think Pagano has a very good chance at Qualifying for NCAA. He has 4-5 ranked wins so I think he can get a a WC if he doesn't get a spot at B10.
I bet that's why Goodale inserted him as the starter at 174. A solid showing at the B1G tourney and he could make NCAAs.

We need to have someone step up and win the spot at 165. Maybe Parfumi can surprise Bucher of OSU tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT