ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCHDAY THREAD: Rutgers Wrestling vs. Michigan State

If Moore doesn’t go we might lose to Michigan state.. they could win 41/49/57/65/84 I predict we start out first time ever 3-0 in b10

Vs Michigan we would need the perfect match to win.. we would need to win 25/33/41/84/97/hwt… there’s a chance but not counting on it..

If Moore doesn’t go we might lose to Michigan state.. they could win 41/49/57/65/84 I predict we start out first time ever 3-0 in b10

Vs Michigan we would need the perfect match to win.. we would need to win 25/33/41/84/97/hwt… there’s a chance but not counting on it..
Wrestlestat predicts a 26-8 win by Rutgers over MSU. Rutgers predicted to win 125, 133 (TF), 141 (MD), 149 (TF - Cetta already pinned this kid at the Black Knight Invite), 174, 184 (this is a true toss-up), 197, and HWT.

For Michigan I do not see a path to a win. Wrestlestat says Michigan wins 19-13. Rutgers wins 141, 157 (unlikely), 184 (which Soldano shows up?), and 197 (MD). This could very well be an 8-2 bout split in favor of Michigan.

Last edited:
Reactions: KidDagger
Wrestlestat predicts a 26-8 win by Rutgers over MSU. Rutgers predicted to win 125, 133 (TF), 141 (MD), 149 (TF - Cetta already pinned this kid at the Black Knight Invite), 174, 184 (this is a true toss-up), 197, and HWT.

For Michigan I do not see a path to a win. Wrestlestat says Michigan wins 19-13. Rutgers wins 141, 157 (unlikely), 184 (which Soldano shows up?), and 197 (MD). This could very well be an 8-2 bout split in favor of Michigan.

We could beat Michigan if Peterson and Shawver both win.. like I said it’s unlikely but we do have a path..

Has yara wrestled Davidson before?
That is one of my most anticipated matchup.
A win would help him in seed placement for NCAA

We have no chance at 149 or 165 and we’re probably giving up bonus in both. We’re most likely losing 174. So we’re down 11-0 right there.

We should win 141 and 197, call it 11-6.

Best case 125, 133, 157, 184, 285 are toss ups. We gotta win three of those five and it’s 17-15. Yara can win his (1-1 career vs their heavy and the loss was SV). Shawver looks real good this year so maybe he’s another winner. I’m not really counting on Clark and Peterson hasn’t really ever beaten one of these elite talents in his career. We’re going to need the good Soldano to even have a chance.

So the question now is after these best case scenarios, where can we make up the remaining 2 points? Maybe Poz and Moore bonus points? Maybe White doesn’t give up bonus? Maybe Moore or Soldano wins by pin? Or we have to go 4-1 in the toss up matches which is a tough ask.

There’s a path but it’s going to be a real difficult one.

We have no chance at 149 or 165 and we’re probably giving up bonus in both. We’re most likely losing 174. So we’re down 11-0 right there.

We should win 141 and 197, call it 11-6.

Best case 125, 133, 157, 184, 285 are toss ups. We gotta win three of those five and it’s 17-15. Yara can win his (1-1 career vs their heavy and the loss was SV). Shawver looks real good this year so maybe he’s another winner. I’m not really counting on Clark and Peterson hasn’t really ever beaten one of these elite talents in his career. We’re going to need the good Soldano to even have a chance.

So the question now is after these best case scenarios, where can we make up the remaining 2 points? Maybe Poz and Moore bonus points? Maybe White doesn’t give up bonus? Maybe Moore or Soldano wins by pin? Or we have to go 4-1 in the toss up matches which is a tough ask.

There’s a path but it’s going to be a real difficult one.
Ragusin already beat Shawver at midlands final. Is Clark healthy enough to go? Don’t think he beats Lewan at 157.. maybe the backup yeah. We need to win 6 bouts bc if it’s 5:5 they probably outbonus us… like I said, we need 125/33/41/84/97/hwt are all individually winnable, but all collectively will be hard.. we can win 157 too if Clark faces backup.

They r slight fav/tossup at 125/33/84/hwt
We are favored at 41/97 *57(only if their backup goes)

I saw online gomez is possibly wrestling at an international tournament this weekend. His ig story? Looks like he was cutting weight somewhere in Mexico. Not sure if true but could change up 49 for us if he isn't wrestling.

I saw online gomez is possibly wrestling at an international tournament this weekend. His ig story? Looks like he was cutting weight somewhere in Mexico. Not sure if true but could change up 49 for us if he isn't wrestling.
If Gomez goes we gotta avoid bonus.. if his backup goes still not sure if Cetta beats him.. maybe close to a tossup.. Michigan’s backup 149 beat White when he was at 149, if I’m not mistaken, so he’s no pushover.

Gomez is in Mexico

It is too difficult to predict results when we don't know who will be wrestling. Will Moore be back? Clark? Are there any others that might not be competing? Michigan State should be a victory regardless.

Michigan could be close but would require all to wrestle at their best. Peterson will have difficulty with the better opponents unless he develops confidence in his offense. If you don't shoot, you won't score. I think he has a chance with DeAugustino if he doesn't just rely on his defense.

Shawver has shown continuous improvement since joining the program. I like his chances to avenge his recent and very close match against Ragusin.

Despite the recent and puzzling performances, Soldano is still a very solid wrestler. However, he'll have to do better to get past Malczewski tonight, but he should be able to beat Michigan's Bullock. Poz will be unblemished through the weekend. Yara-Slav has a tough one on Sunday with Davison. Who has improved the most since their very close match in March?

We all know what to expect from the middle of the line-up on Sunday. Cetta has a good chance of winning, and a healthy Clark would, too, if he hadn't been out for so long.

I'm going to make a wild and crazy prediction about Turley. I posted at the end of last season that I thought he could have a very good year if he stayed in shape throughout the break. I reiterated that before this season and again when he showed his best early-season conditioning since his arrival. I've been waiting for him to begin his run, and that seems to have happened several matches ago. He has come out in the last few matches with energy and purpose. If he doesn't get stuck from a crazy move, I will not be shocked if he pulls out an upset of Griffith.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Good to see Moore back. Hoping Clark gets healthy soon or whatever it is that's keeping him out of the lineup.

UM is running out fidel mayora, who beat white 7-3 last yr, at 149 against Penn State tonight.

Reactions: KidDagger
How hard is it for the student producers to get the audio right for the intros and anthem? And yikes this gym is pathetic. We're wrestling on the indoor track.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Watched Amine wrestle for Michigan tonight, looked injured, sick, tired, had nothing. Lost 11 or 12 to 1.

Watched Amine wrestle for Michigan tonight, looked injured, sick, tired, had nothing. Lost 11 or 12 to 1.
It’s probably more that Mesenbrink is the real deal… another PSU fresh hammer… great… KOT/Carr might be in for a surprise…

Reactions: Peteras9144
Peterson wins! Very concerning though with 1 shot to 4 or 5 for Lujan.

Don't like how tentative Peterson is against a much lesser opponent. He needs to figure out how to get going on his feet and start attacking. 0 shots through 2 periods. Really concerning.
Agree 100%. He better start separating himself and scoring earlier on guys like lujan if he wants to get on that podium.

Reactions: Leonard23
It’s probably more that Mesenbrink is the real deal… another PSU fresh hammer… great… KOG/Carr might be in for a surprise…
U20 gold medalist this past year and silver before that. Def the real deal. Not sure he's hitting kog or carr yet tho. Both next level imho

It’s probably more that Mesenbrink is the real deal… another PSU fresh hammer… great… KOT/Carr might be in for a surprise…
Fair, Amine was called for 4 stalls, could have been 10. Was weird, know he was trying, but it didn't look like it.

Dean always has really good position and a strong defense. Excellent counter wrestler. Hoping he can figure out a more consistent offense moving forward against the top guys. We will see Sunday! I'm confident in his rematch against deaugs.

Shawver is a horse. Love the pressure and attacks. Keep this up 💪🏽

U20 gold medalist this past year and silver before that. Def the real deal. Not sure he's hitting kog or carr yet tho. Both next level imho
We won’t know until they face off… MM has only beaten everyone put in front of him so far.. so how much next lvl is kot/carr.. hard to gauge beyond reputation… right u20 medalist is freestyle so dunno how much weight that is comparatively in folk.. but MM did beat Levi Haines too.. so I do think he got a shot at the top dogs… his gas tank is crazy high too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT