ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Mawot Mag commits to Rutgers

Welcome to Mawot!!

Is the early signing period over or can he still sign?

I just watched the entire junior highlight tape. You guys are crazy if you don't like this signing. I think he is the best kid Pike has got since he got here.

I thought he was super underrated because he was hurt for his junior season?

Mag is going to be good. Some people see stars and offers and do not take into account other variables like:
- Palmquist, been in the US for 6 months. Russ noted teams hoped he waited. He would be seeing bigger offers later in the game
- Mag, injured for all of his junior year and playing on a star studded team. Many great reviews of this kid from actual scouts.

Only outlier is Dean. I admittedly do not know much about him besides people saying he is developing a good 3-ball. Additionally, he is 6'10" and had a p5 Pedo State offer.

This class so far is SOLID. These kids have great size. The only thing this class needs is one more higher profile guy to be a huge class. I have no doubt Pike is working his ass off.

I thought he was super underrated because he was hurt for his junior season?

Not sure, but that's what the video said. I don't know any of the details just commented on what i saw. He is big, strong and very athletic. Good offensive player inside and out.

Reactions: Scangg
Amazing how many board members saw Mensah’s JuCo tape or clips of Kiss at Quinnipiac and questioned why they were offered.

Amazing how you are comparing incoming transfers/Juco's at a time in the program where there were significant gaps coming out of the Jordan era to the recruitment of an incoming freshman targeting more specific team gaps (i.e. 3 point shooting). Without even seeing this kid, you come off as complaining for the sake of complaining because he's not some 4* that we have no shot at likely because we don't hand out paper bags with cash in them.

I just watched the entire junior highlight tape. You guys are crazy if you don't like this signing. I think he is the best kid Pike has got since he got here.
Better than Baker and Harper?If so , he should have received more offers from power conference teams.

Better than Baker and Harper?If so , he should have received more offers from power conference teams.

Based on their highlight tapes, yes. He's bigger, more athletic and looks to be a natural shooter. Maybe if I saw a whole game I would feel differently.

I am also assuming he is truly a junior in age. I know Harper is young for his year and pretty sure Geo is too.

So if they are the same age in their junior tapes, I would say yes he looks better.

Last edited:
I don't like that in his TKR picture, Mag is dribbling the ball way too high. Any guard with decent defensive skills is going to steal that. Mag's got work to do there.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
I don't like that in his TKR picture, Mag is dribbling the ball way too high. Any guard with decent defensive skills is going to steal that. Mag's got work to do there.
Hahahaha, geez...

We have been losing a lot for a long time. I am just looking to lose less. Winning and competing with the big boys is a vape dream.. Not going to happen guys.

Any guard trying to cover Mag is going to get destroyed. Mag would bully him all dayyyy

I understand his high school was loaded but doesn't that mean that scouts were constantly at their games? You'd think that at least one power 6 school would have noticed that he was "underrated".

Reactions: kcg88
I understand his high school was loaded but doesn't that mean that scouts were constantly at their games? You'd think that at least one power 6 school would have noticed that he was "underrated".

Wasn’t he injured last season? This season is just starting.

Mathis’ HS team was loaded too. The one game I saw was all about the higher ranked kids. Mathis was almost invisible.

Reminds me of Hurley Sr’s old St. Anthony teams. The kids on the bench who hardly ever played were getting D1 scholarships.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT