ADVERTISEMENT

May 29 (Wednesday), who will drop their NBA commitment?

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I think we will see many many guys re joining their college teams by Wednesday. Who will they be and who will stay in?

Powell did terrific by all accounts at the Combine. Many were surprised that he wasn't invited to the next round of tryouts. However word later came out that many of the "voters" intentionally did not vote for the top players to "hide" them from other teams being able to scout them better. This may be the case with Powell. Scouts however have said Powell needs to be more of a distributor. Wednesday will be an interesting day for sure and if Powell stays in, then definitely a team or teams have advised him he will be drafted. Tough call either way for him. Personally, I hope he goes to the NBA...:)

Powell potentially leaving takes the SHU RU game down a notch for RU and another Q1 or Q2 win potential. I don't think he's leaving but strange things have happened.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
There are so many guys who still have their names in. It will be interesting. Lamar Stevens of Penn State is another big name player. I assume he and Powell will both be back. I thing pro rules must be changed in some ways as hundreds of guys think they should all be in the NBA.

I think this is seen as a relatively weak draft which might cause guys to keep their names in rather than try next year.

I believe too that Powell should do that but I really doubt Willard will change his offense very much to let Powell handle the ball very much. He is too much of their offense at the two and SHU wants to win games.

I would hope Willard would give Powell the role he needs if he was to come back.

Powell is the best player in NJ.

I would be so happy for the kid if he makes it onto a team or G league. Powell has battled a lot of adversity.

Plus, you know, Rutgers would probably beat SHU if he left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT