ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe..Just Maybe

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
When people were complaining that Ash was a defensive coach but was getting recruits on the Offensive side of the ball, perhaps he knew how putrid the offense really was. Taking it a step further, the defensive scheme run under Ash is comparatively similar to that which we have had for the past 10 years,, but the offense is night and day

For those who want to complain about Ash not adjusting THIS year to fit the players as opposed to the system, that is just short sited. Ash knows that this year is a bust, and the only reason to try and even get to 6 wins is to keep the recruiting class together. More important, if the young players, who will start getting more time in the second half of the season can start learning the offensive scheme, it will be that much easier for 3/4 of the team that is coming back next year. Our offensive line is the most experienced unit on the team, and it has been downright offensive, so having Ash focusing on recruiting the O-line in 2017 shows me that he has an eye for talent, or lack thereof (presently)

Keep in mind, that the mark of any good team, is for the veterans to help the freshman, and if one of our best recruiting classes ever is on its way, then its imperative that those who have learned the scheme this year, help to coach up the young ones

On a completely separate note, keep an eye on Tyreek Maddox Williams. The playing time he will get in the second half of the season will be invaluable, I think he will be a great player in years to come

Would be nice if Fogg, Clark, Mitchell, and Melton can step right into starting rules next year. I know that's asking a lot but we have big needs at those positions next year, heck even this year.

When people were complaining that Ash was a defensive coach but was getting recruits on the Offensive side of the ball, perhaps he knew how putrid the offense really was.

Ugh...yes...but it didn't take ASH, or any other HC at this level worth his salt, to recognize this fact (although thank God he did lol...)!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT