ADVERTISEMENT

Measuring Stick

was working and had to DVR it and watch it late.
I was not upset at this loss (although I wish I was --I've been conditioned to lose but thats not this team's fault)

Miami played a very good game. I knew they would be more athletic but I wasn't prepared for how MUCH more athletic they'd be. I know Freeman missed a couple of chippies especially in the 1st few minutes but Miami's defense down low was stellar. They are long and can jump which leads to many blocked shots.

Also our old bugaboo came back to haunt us, again no fault of this year's team or Pike--we can't shoot. Without looking at the stat sheet we had ZERO 3 pointers in the 1st half, and I'm pretty sure we didn't make any until we were pretty far down in the 2nd Williams. This is exactly the formula for losing in college basketball. Even if we aren't the Golden State Warriors we MUST have that threat to open up the offense in the paint. We are so easy to defend, just make us shoot. Ugh I'm so tired of writing that

Have to love how hard we played--that was great to see. our guys were really scrapping at the end, and that is CLEARLY a reflection of coaching that we have not seen around here in years.

Defensively I really liked how we played! I know it seemed like their guards were getting a first step but again I attribute that to athleticism. While Miami's defense in the paint was amazing, ours was far from lacking .

I think we are going to have the season most of us felt we'd have. Beat the cupcakes,lose to the taletnted teams and hopefully pull off a couple of upsets.

I was not mad when I got into bed

This is a good post except one things

We MUST do a better job of getting over the high screens to defend the three ball. I think we will but this is one of the top of the list things that I want to see improvement

This is a good post except one things

We MUST do a better job of getting over the high screens to defend the three ball. I think we will but this is one of the top of the list things that I want to see improvement

I may be wrong here...werent the instances where we didn't do this well vs. Miami is when they screened our zone? against man we have had the big do a good job hedging.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT