ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Dwumfour Visiting

A little similar to what Pike did. Got some of eddies guys to leave, brought in Getty, then Kiss, went judo for Carter and IIRC Thiam, then got Young to transfer in. Meanwhile he recruited and developed the kids he wanted. Now it is paying off. Schiano is following a similar plan but, obviously, on a larger scale. Get some jucos and some transfers while his recruits get developed. He knows what he is doing. To keep the elite local kids he wants to show significant improvement as soon as possible.

The news keeps getting better and better. Up until this point, this is probably the best I could have imagined Schiano doing in this short of a time frame. He has injected life into the program, he is aligning himself with the student body and he is getting top recruits to come back to Rutgers. If he adds Dwumfour and Shorter that would be awesome. IMO, there was nobody else capable of accomplishing these things, this fast, other than Schiano. Jersey guy, Jersey pride.

The news keeps getting better and better. Up until this point, this is probably the best I could have imagined Schiano doing in this short of a time frame. He has injected life into the program, he is aligning himself with the student body and he is getting top recruits to come back to Rutgers. If he adds Dwumfour and Shorter that would be awesome. IMO, there was nobody else capable of accomplishing these things, this fast, other than Schiano. Jersey guy, Jersey pride.
I would have to agree. He really understand the landscape and how to work it.

The DL should be good next. Our linebackers are good, and he added a quality safety to the secondary, and speed to all groups. We should have fun next fall and winter.

I still shake my head at people that were against this hire.

And those same people who wanted Morehead or Addazio or Butch Jones are pretty much not here any longer...Crickets... these are B1G type players joining Rutgers and Schiano... if nothing else it will help us get back to respectable sooner than later... QB is still our major issue... if by some miracle we can get Dwumfour and the Temple DE... the 2020 season becomes interesting once again.

Greg has come out of the gates like a rocket, a ramjet demon on a mission to seek and destroy. Nothing negative can be said by anyone and no one could have predicted this kind of start. awesome

We certainly won’t be lacking depth on DL. That was an issue especially when it was hot out and / or our D was on the field too long. It should be interesting to see how some of the returning guys stack up. I thought Turner had some good moments against some good OL. Tverdov as well and both of their backups were coming along.

It might be wise to not overvalue every recruit or transfer that Rutgers gets. Dwumfour had a total of two tackles in the 7 games he played in last year. Cruikshank is transferring because he had trouble making it onto the field as a wide receiver at Wisconsin. Will they be more productive at Rutgers? Yes, but only because of the severe lack of talent that Ash left behind. But to go into next season expecting more than 3 wins and some serious a$$ beatings from the power schools is a big mistake.

Reactions: redking
It might be wise to not overvalue every recruit or transfer that Rutgers gets. Dwumfour had a total of two tackles in the 7 games he played in last year. Cruikshank is transferring because he had trouble making it onto the field as a wide receiver at Wisconsin. Will they be more productive at Rutgers? Yes, but only because of the severe lack of talent that Ash left behind. But to go into next season expecting more than 3 wins and some serious a$$ beatings from the power schools is a big mistake.
Debbie....is that you ?

And those same people who wanted Morehead or Addazio or Butch Jones are pretty much not here any longer...Crickets... these are B1G type players joining Rutgers and Schiano... if nothing else it will help us get back to respectable sooner than later... QB is still our major issue... if by some miracle we can get Dwumfour and the Temple DE... the 2020 season becomes interesting once again.
Both lines are major issues as well as QB. Until the lines see major upgrade we will remain uncompetitive in the Big Ten.

Weak comment when it comes to Cruikshank. He was a fast small slot receiver on a team that doesn’t use a 3rd receiver often because they want big WRs who can block for their running game.

Wisconsin didn’t want him to leave and other big schools, whose scheme would use him more, wanted him.

Weak comment when it comes to Cruikshank. He was a fast small slot receiver on a team that doesn’t use a 3rd receiver often because they want big WRs who can block for their running game.

Wisconsin didn’t want him to leave and other big schools, whose scheme would use him more, wanted him.

So what your saying is that I am factually correct on my comment about Cruikshank but somehow you find that as "weak". Weird post dude.

So what your saying is that I am factually correct on my comment about Cruikshank but somehow you find that as "weak". Weird post dude.
You were not factually correct at all.

You said Cruickshank could only be more productive “because of the severe lack of talent Ash left behind” at Rutgers.

The interest in Cruickshank by other schools whose rosters weren’t built by Ash proves you wrong. He is a big time player who would have made an impact on any RU roster in the last 20 years, including Schiano’s best.

Reactions: TRU2RU
You were not factually correct at all.

You said Cruickshank could only be more productive “because of the severe lack of talent Ash left behind” at Rutgers.

The interest in Cruickshank by other schools whose rosters weren’t built by Ash proves you wrong. He is a big time player who would have made an impact on any RU roster in the last 20 years, including Schiano’s best.

I spoke facts. He is transferring because he did not make it into the Wisconsin receiving rotation. You made up a story that he was on the bench there because he sucks at downfield blocking. Your belief is that he would be a great receiver for them but those crazy Wisconsin coaches value downfield blocking more. Kind of nuts wouldn't you say?
By the way, downfield blocking is mostly about positioning for a receiver. Very hard to get a hard hit on a db. Basically as a receiver you try and stay between the guy you are blocking and let the running back read which way to go.
As for other schools potentially being interested. On the low side if you offer this kid you get a good kick returner. On the high side he may be able to help out at flanker. Doesn't mean you are getting a great receiver, but he should be worth a scholarship just for the special teams play.so why not role the dice?

I spoke facts. He is transferring because he did not make it into the Wisconsin receiving rotation. You made up a story that he was on the bench there because he sucks at downfield blocking. Your belief is that he would be a great receiver for them but those crazy Wisconsin coaches value downfield blocking more. Kind of nuts wouldn't you say?
By the way, downfield blocking is mostly about positioning for a receiver. Very hard to get a hard hit on a db. Basically as a receiver you try and stay between the guy you are blocking and let the running back read which way to go.
As for other schools potentially being interested. On the low side if you offer this kid you get a good kick returner. On the high side he may be able to help out at flanker. Doesn't mean you are getting a great receiver, but he should be worth a scholarship just for the special teams play.so why not role the dice?

So your saying he is a great pickup for proven ability on special teams?

You are having trouble justifying if he's a big ten caliber starter in the slot? Time will tell..

You tried to make a point about Dwumfour not being much of a player at Michigan which was correct, you screwed up by adding Cruikshank into the conversation when his situation is not at all comparable to Dwumfour’s, and you continue to argue your failed point instead of just conceding you were wrong.

Cruickshank is not a player who is only good enough to be productive at Rutgers because we have a roster depleted by Ash.

I would assume that recruits who commit to Rutgers would get clothing for free.

Pretty sure they can't get any free swag until they're enrolled, and then only from the school. If Steve were to give free stuff to any player, current or prospective, that's an NCAA violation.

Dwumfour has to return to UM this semester to complete his degree & will not enroll at RU until late Spring as a Graduate Transfer, so RU cannot give him anything since he is a member of a different school for the next few months.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Dwumfour has to return to UM this semester to complete his degree & will not enroll at RU until late Spring as a Graduate Transfer, so RU cannot give him anything since he is a member of a different school for the next few months.

“will enroll”? Has he made his decision? I thought he was still undecided.

Could be at Scarlet Fever getting Rutgers gear for his Mom, Dad, sisters, brothers, friends, his pets Sparky and Fluffy, his car, his girlfriend, etc.

Last edited:

Cruickshank will be a good addition for Rutgers . If nothing else he is a potential game breaker in the return department. And if he helps at wr all the better. Schiano is rebuilding those lines already. Still too many who look to denigrate Rutgers football as they had with Rutgers basketball . Can’t wait to get to the final signing day and spring practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT