ADVERTISEMENT

Money saving idea

Players don’t even deserve names on the back of the jersey as they don’t give two shits about schools
I get what you are saying, Dance below you seems to want to throw money at an endless, revolving carousel of players I suppose. Which by the way Dance, isnt about ME ME ME for Blackout. Out the door goes multi year standout players and the fun and pride of watching our team hopefully succeed. With that, the financial backers who want these players here wont be willing to shell out the dough for one year rentals until the next best offer comes along. the money to pay these amateur athletes to play for Rutgers will shrivel up. If it continues, this is just the tip of the iceberg I feel.

ME ME ME ME ME

CALL THE WAHHMBULANCE!!

ME ME ME ME

It's all about you, isn't it?

Grown men getting their egos hurt over kids, y'all need a reality check!!
WTF are you talking about?

My ego is not hurt and could give two shits about a player transferring out. You don't want to be here then leave..who cares

You are a strange dude

Reactions: LETSGORU91
WTF are you talking about?

My ego is not hurt and could give two shits about a player transferring out. You don't want to be here then leave..who cares

You are a strange dude
^ guy who doesn't care

Players don’t even deserve names on the back of the jersey as they don’t give two shits about schools
Also the same guy that doesn't care apparently

Reactions: needmorecowbell
I started saving money by stopping my donation to NIL, but I continue to donate to the R Fund.

Next year I will save more money by not putting donations towards parking for football. I'll be parking at the church or someone's lawn for $40 vs the current $140/game it's costing me this year between donations and actual parking passes.

NIL was supposed to be allowing these student athletes the ability to have a basketball camp with their name on it, sell an autograph, sell a tee shirt with their face or number on it. It's turned into mercenaries looking for more money at every turn.

MrsScrew.....slowly checking out of all of it.

Agree screw...total ugly mess. I blame university presidents who went all in on TV bucks. Sad.

My grandchildren in Westfield have attended local birthday parties that included Rutgers athletes (both genders). That’s one of my ideas of NIL. All the kids go home happy with a memory and photo and some sports instruction. And the athlete goes home with something in their pocket.

I started saving money by stopping my donation to NIL, but I continue to donate to the R Fund.

Next year I will save more money by not putting donations towards parking for football. I'll be parking at the church or someone's lawn for $40 vs the current $140/game it's costing me this year between donations and actual parking passes.

NIL was supposed to be allowing these student athletes the ability to have a basketball camp with their name on it, sell an autograph, sell a tee shirt with their face or number on it. It's turned into mercenaries looking for more money at every turn.

The silver lot is the best of the cheap lots. It's only a 10-15 minute walk and it costs 30 bucks a game. Plus, easy exit at the end of the game.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I get what you are saying, Dance below you seems to want to throw money at an endless, revolving carousel of players I suppose. Which by the way Dance, isnt about ME ME ME for Blackout. Out the door goes multi year standout players and the fun and pride of watching our team hopefully succeed. With that, the financial backers who want these players here wont be willing to shell out the dough for one year rentals until the next best offer comes along. the money to pay these amateur athletes to play for Rutgers will shrivel up. If it continues, this is just the tip of the iceberg I feel.
If you don’t like it , stop
Watching and stop posting
The consumer always has the last word

My grandchildren in Westfield have attended local birthday parties that included Rutgers athletes (both genders). That’s one of my ideas of NIL. All the kids go home happy with a memory and photo and some sports instruction. And the athlete goes home with something in their pocket.
I understand what you are saying and the idea is fine but these kids are worth A LOT MORE. Some fans want to restrict what they can earn, which anti-capitalistic and basically against what our country stands for. College basketball and football is hugely popular and fans will pay huge amounts to support their team. It’s professional sports and the players are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Signing players to contracts would be a nice addition to help stabilize the teams but these kids deserve every penny they can get.

Reactions: RUdonating

Have to think a good percentage of fans are becoming disenchanted - changes/attempt at changes will happen when they realize it is affecting the bottom line. Hopefully it won't be too late at that point. Also wondering what they're really going to be able to do now that the cats out of the bag and eating everything it can get it's paws on - including the 4 walls where it lives. I think it is possible that a major overhaul is needed, and we may be watching the beginning of the end of the NCAA - just don't know if a few minor tweaks can fix what is now a runaway train.

I understand what you are saying and the idea is fine but these kids are worth A LOT MORE. Some fans want to restrict what they can earn, which anti-capitalistic and basically against what our country stands for. College basketball and football is hugely popular and fans will pay huge amounts to support their team. It’s professional sports and the players are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Signing players to contracts would be a nice addition to help stabilize the teams but these kids deserve every penny they can get.
The Rutgers players at Westfield were men’s lacrosse and women’s soccer players. Not football and basketball.

If you don’t like it , stop
Watching and stop posting
The consumer always has the last word
I'm a consumer, so I get a word or two. Even if I dont like it, I can read it and still post. You are a prime example of that concept.

Never understood the name on the back either...for this level of play.

Mine is on the back for a reason and not a good or happy one.

This is exactly what it should be. I think most people would see it as a net positive if NIL went in that direction and stayed there. Even then, you'd have to watch out for backdoor payments where a sponsor of a camp pays hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, even limiting it to that is likely not possible now.

This is exactly what it should be. I think most people would see it as a net positive if NIL went in that direction and stayed there. Even then, you'd have to watch out for backdoor payments where a sponsor of a camp pays hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, even limiting it to that is likely not possible now.

The other part of this is that the original complaints were that the Universities were making money off of the players by selling their jersey numbers & using their faces for advertising , and the coaches were getting paid crazy amounts of money while the players got nothing. Fair enough.

Fast forward, the universities are still making money and the coaches are still getting paid crazy amounts, but now the fans, in addition to having to pay for tickets, seat fees and minimum donations for things like parking (in addition to the parking passes themselves), are also expected to put in money for the NIL.

the only losers in this whole scenario are the fans.

The other part of this is that the original complaints were that the Universities were making money off of the players by selling their jersey numbers & using their faces for advertising , and the coaches were getting paid crazy amounts of money while the players got nothing. Fair enough.

Fast forward, the universities are still making money and the coaches are still getting paid crazy amounts, but now the fans, in addition to having to pay for tickets, seat fees and minimum donations for things like parking (in addition to the parking passes themselves), are also expected to put in money for the NIL.

the only losers in this whole scenario are the fans.
And TV viewers needing subscriptions, too …

The fans don’t like it. The alumni don’t like it. The university presidents i’m sure don’t like it because it’s another chance for athletics to spend money, financial scandals and revolving door .. the coaches now don’t like it (Hurley, Saban, etc.) … so, if no one likes it except the players, why not change it?! Since when do the inmates run the asylum? The players don’t care what happens to the schools after they leave. They like to think they have all the power, but they don’t, the universities do. I watch college players olay basketball because of Rutgers. I wouldnt watch these guys play basketball for some random league if they decided to start their own. The universities are the ones with the cards here, the presidents just havent realized that yet. It’s their sandbox, make the rules to fix this.

The fans don’t like it. The alumni don’t like it. The university presidents i’m sure don’t like it because it’s another chance for athletics to spend money, financial scandals and revolving door .. the coaches now don’t like it (Hurley, Saban, etc.) … so, if no one likes it except the players, why not change it?! Since when do the inmates run the asylum? The players don’t care what happens to the schools after they leave. They like to think they have all the power, but they don’t, the universities do. I watch college players olay basketball because of Rutgers. I wouldnt watch these guys play basketball for some random league if they decided to start their own. The universities are the ones with the cards here, the presidents just havent realized that yet. It’s their sandbox, make the rules to fix this.
There is also the Supreme Court.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT