ADVERTISEMENT

Most dominant RU performance in over 100 years!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Ok, ok, maybe a little exaggeration, but holy cow, when was the last time we doubled somebody up? 79 to freakin' 37! Wow! And CCSU beat Hartford, who almost beat us, by 15, so it's not like we played a Div III team. Everything just clicked tonight. Our defense was stifling, leading to more dunks than I can recall by an RU team in ages. Our half court offense was pretty good, too, with nice ball movement and we weren't jacking up tons of threes, which is not our strength. Great win and we're now 8-1, having won more games than all of last season (7-25). After all we've been through as a program, this is really nice to see.

Ok, ok, maybe a little exaggeration, but holy cow, when was the last time we doubled somebody up? 79 to freakin' 37! Wow! And CCSU beat Hartford, who almost beat us, by 15, so it's not like we played a Div III team. Everything just clicked tonight. Our defense was stifling, leading to more dunks than I can recall by an RU team in ages. Our half court offense was pretty good, too, with nice ball movement and we weren't jacking up tons of threes, which is not our strength. Great win and we're now 8-1, having won more games than all of last season (7-25). After all we've been through as a program, this is really nice to see.
We're bowl eligible right now outside the conference.

The second half turned out to be a dunk show with lots of turnovers and fast break dunks that excited the crowd.

So much fun to watch tonight. I couldnt be happier for the kids who have been in this program. Absolutely wonderful to see the team jumping around on the sideline and having fun tonight. They deserve it for how hard theyve worked and all they have been through.

So much fun to watch tonight. I couldnt be happier for the kids who have been in this program. Absolutely wonderful to see the team jumping around on the sideline and having fun tonight. They deserve it for how hard theyve worked and all they have been through.

That's exactly what the announcers were saying. With this program being so down for so long, said they had every right to celebrate.

That was the most complete basketball game I can remember. So many good things. #1 to me was the amount of touches or deflections we got on the defensive end. Also I loved how we pushed their offense back and made their 1 work all the way up the court. It drove me crazy watching the past having the opposition able to comfortably run their offense.

That was the most complete basketball game I can remember. So many good things. #1 to me was the amount of touches or deflections we got on the defensive end. Also I loved how we pushed their offense back and made their 1 work all the way up the court. It drove me crazy watching the past having the opposition able to comfortably run their offense.
To add, 24 assists on 35 baskets is almost as good as it gets!!

Even with a slow start , the outcome of this game was never in question. But what I loved to see was how Rutgers stepped on the gas in the second half and finished w/ authority instead of getting complacent or letting up.

how many times do we see a team build up a 20 point lead and then coast in the 2nd half keeping the lead at 20 or 25. Even the best teams do it. The difference last night was RU kept working hard even when the outcome was a foregone conclusion. They played a better 2nd half than the first because they were focusing on things like defense which led to easy transition on the other end. Great to see the emotion and celebrating which has been missing from the RAC so long. Rock said even CJ's did a bow and arrow on the sideline.

Reactions: RUHouston
December 22, 1989: Rutgers 105 Keene State 56

and since the first beatdown wasn't enough....

December 7, 1992: Rutgers 132 Keene State 83

all their base are belong to us

Reactions: megadrone
Dominant win for sure. It is the biggest margin of victory over a D-1 opponent since 2005, which amazingly was our last winning season. (That was Douby's last year where RU finished 19-14). Maybe it is a good omen for this year!

December 22, 1989: Rutgers 105 Keene State 56

and since the first beatdown wasn't enough....

December 7, 1992: Rutgers 132 Keene State 83

all their base are belong to us
1992 - 51st anniversary of Pearl Harbor and we only win by 49. Maybe there was a disputed shot at the buzzer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT