ADVERTISEMENT

Most Improved Player - Poll

Who will be the most improved player next season?

• Simpson

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Cliff

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Hyatt

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Mag

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Wolf

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • Chol

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
Good question! You can make a case for any of these guys. I'm going to go out on the limb and say I have high hopes for Hyatt. Whether it was Deshaun Freeman, Eugene O, or Akwasi Yeboah, the 4-spot always had his fair share of touches. Early in the season last year, he was a top 3 scorer for us. I don't think his defense was as bad as some people make it out to be. Some people hate because he missed a couple of clutch shots at times and he slumped at the end of the season for whatever reason. There have been plenty of different people that have had late season slumps. We just never know why. Injury? Fatigue? As a fifth-year senior, that's going to get a lot of early season minutes, he's gonna/gotta put in some work and I think it'll show.

I honestly doubt it’s Hyatt Mag or Cliff. It’s very common for the largest improvement to be between freshman and sophomore year. Simpson, Chol, or Wolf has to be it

Reactions: Scangg
I honestly doubt it’s Hyatt Mag or Cliff. It’s very common for the largest improvement to be between freshman and sophomore year. Simpson, Chol, or Wolf has to be it
Wolf has already shown glimpses of his future point guard abilities…

Chol, because he was the most raw player on the list that is also early in his college career.

Simpson is the obvious choice because barring a last minute transfer, he will be given the biggest opportunity to step up.

I am going with Chol. He can really hit the three from the corners. He has worked hard and if he has learned a lot on defense he can be a big surprise and really play an important role. I hope that happens.

I have a feeling it’ll be Wolf. I think both him and Simpson will be much improved. But wolf really showed some flashes, late in the season.
That coast to coast play vs Purdue…. You either have it or you don’t and be he clearly has it, just needs to work on it.

Hyatt is very skilled. We’ve seen it in certain games. He was a top 150 talent and is now 23 years old. Lot of experience. Mag injury opens door for him to play a ton in first ten games without fear of going to the bench. Playing starter minute’s consistently now he should average 12 and 6.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I said Cliff. Think g league camp will give him the things to really improve his game. Next Woolfolk

Can I go with a three-way tie between Simpson, Chol and Wolf?
These are my thoughts and you can make a case for all 3

Simpson has a ton of quickness and the mentality to be a go to scorer. Flashed some major upside if he is able to develop a consistent jumper. His shooting percentage was really really bad as a freshman. No way around it. So if he ups it to even an average number, he becomes much improved. If he can up it to above average then he will have an unbelievable year and be one of the most improved players in the B1G.... which is a real possibility

Wolf is finally focusing on bball year round after being a 2 sport athlete. He lost a bunch of weight from HS before last year and likely puts on better muscle weight in year 2 to become a beast. Ideally he gets a little more explosive to finish with authority around the rim. Likely learns to foul less which was a major issue. Wolf showed flashes of being a smooth finisher around the rim, being a good passer, even running a fast break. If he adds any type of outside shot or develops a little more offense in the post that would be huge. Defensively he was strong switching and moving on the perimeter but struggled one on one in the post. Wolf needs to be better there and I think he has the ability to be

Chol played only a few minutes but was as lost as lost can be defensively. He reclassified and joined the team late but still it was really really bad. Chol supposedly was the best 3 point shooter in preseason last year. He's got tons or length and a nice frame to hopefully put on some weight by next season. When it comes to most improved, Chol has the advantage of lowest starting point. If Mag isn't ready to start the season, right now there aren't many options at the 4, but we still have open scholarships to fill. There is a scenario, unlikely sure, where Mag isn't ready, the portal transfer isn't good, Hyatt struggles again (passed by Oskar last year) where Chol could take his opportunity and seize it. I'm rooting for him and do like his upside if he can develop

Mag was the most improved before he got hurt at MSG

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT