ADVERTISEMENT

MSU-Iowa

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
Iowa surged ahead late in the first half, now up 36-28 at the under 4:00 timeout.

Every year, people underestimate Iowa and say they’ll be down, and every year just about everyone on the floor can score.

I continue to be amazed at the way Fran is able to recruit 3-star and low 4-star guys that can all put the ball in the hoop. I hate them and am green with envy.

And they did this with Owen Freeman on the bench for most of the first half with foul trouble.

Gavin gains 10/15 pounds of muscle will be fine.
Steve Hefele took time, Matt Madlinger took time, Chris Remley took time, Ed Zucker took time, Kevin K, Sean Axani etc.

Give him time

Next year will be break out.

Gavin gains 10/15 pounds of muscle will be fine.
Steve Hefele took time, Matt Madlinger took time, Chris Remley took time, Ed Zucker took time, Kevin K, Sean Axani etc.

Give him time

Next year will be break out.
goofy comparisons. Bunch of white kids not nearly as highly ranked and never massive game changers. Great RU white kids. No doubt loved them all. John Battle or Damon Santiago better (hopeful) comparisons of guys that blossomed. Eric Clark too

goofy comparisons. Bunch of white kids not nearly as highly ranked and never massive game changers. Great RU white kids. No doubt loved them all. John Battle or Damon Santiago better (hopeful) comparisons of guys that blossomed. Eric Clark too
Remley is a very good comparison imo stars notwithstanding

Reactions: G- RUnit
Goofy comparison? Really? Wasn’t every one of players mentioned a shooting forward? Axani was highly recruited between Clemson and RU? Remley was drafted by Celtics?

Gavin a tall kid with a good shot that has to grow some muscle. All forwards. Good shooting eyes.

All much better comparisons than shooting guards like John Battle, Damon Santiago or even Robin James?

Last edited:
Remley is a very good comparison imo stars notwithstanding
With all due respect to Kevin…. Shooting guards v forwards?

Remley prime example who developed into a fine player by senior year. One of my favorite RU memories is Remley raining threes from the corner against ND in the Meadowlands.

Rob Hodgson fair comparison?

Last edited:
Reactions: bethlehemfan
With all due respect to Kevin…. Shooting guards v forwards?

Remley prime example who developed into a fine player by senior year. One of my favorite RU memories is Remley raining threes from the corner against ND in the Meadowlands.
Over 50% from the field his senior year. I’d take that. Lol.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Goofy comparison? Really? Wasn’t every one of players mentioned a shooting forward? Axani was highly recruited between Clemson and RU? Remley was drafted by Celtics?

Gavin a tall kid with a good shot that has to grow some muscle. All forwards. Good shooting eyes.

All much better comparisons than shooting guards like John Battle, Damon Santiago or even Robin James?

Awful comparisons..lol

Axani may not have hit a 3 his entire RU career. Not highly ranked at all.

Going back to MSU v Iowa…

Judging from Creighton beating UConn rather handily today…

If Iowa could somehow how make the tourney, Freeman and Iowa outside shooting, one of handful of teams (Baylor) that could give UConn fits.

Awful comparisons..lol

Axani may not have hit a 3 his entire RU career. Not highly ranked at all.
Can you be more wrong? Dog fight between RU and Clemson for Axani. Nice win by Bannon. He had a nice touch and far better comparison to Gavin than shooting guards like Battle and Santiago. Not sure where that came from?

Last edited:
Maryland down 5, should have an and1 to bring it to within 2. A ref calls a bad offensive foul call.

I feel like if Fran got his hands on Gavin he would turn him into a player. He knows offense, no doubt about that
FWIW Brock Harding, a higher-rated recruit than Freeman who was expected to be a rotational piece for Iowa this season, has seen his minutes almost completely dry up.

Coaching matters but sometimes guys aren’t ready

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT