ADVERTISEMENT

MSU/ Purdue Monday afternoon

Can someone explain this to me?? How did the game end up at MSG??
Either of two reasons:

1. RU feels like they have to bend over and do whatever the B1G tells them to do

Or

2. RU really thinks it’s important to maintain a live presence in NYC.

I’m going with 1.

• Sad
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Hell of a game wow
Just a typical Big Ten barn burner.

As for Thursday, since Purdue defeated MSU at MSU by 1 and RU defeated Purdue at Purdue by 1, the math makes it obvious: RU wins by 2!

Interesting coincidence that Purdue scored 64 points today and won but scored 64 points against us and lost.

great game

on one of the Purdue telecasts, they said Edey was like in the 200's or something, as a college prospect..... Purdue took a chance on his development....Hell, at 7'4', I think it was a pretty good gamble.

If we are going to continue to play MSU at the garden, one year it should be our home game and the next year’s theirs.

Purdue has done well with Bigs.
when we played them at home last year, that number 5 was a beast...it just seemed like we could not stop him

we took that lead near the end, I said to the Purdue fan behind me, don't worry, that guy will get you a bucket....and he did

thank god we had the 3 plus seconds left, and Mr Ron Harper

As for Thursday, since Purdue defeated MSU at MSU by 1 and RU defeated Purdue at Purdue by 1, the math makes it obvious: RU wins by 2!
I disagree with this math because there are two home court advantages in the chain.

Purdue defeats MSU at MSU by 1 so Purdue ~= MSU + 4
RU beats Purdue at Purdue by 1 so RU ~= Purdue + 4
So RU ~= MSU + 8
But it's at MSU, so RU wins by 5.

I thought that was deal. We give a home game every other time we play a B1G opponent at MSG. I am sure MSG and the conference has a say in who the opponent will be since they want a strong gate and don't want to rely solely on RU to generate it.

Who was instrumental in getting their game out of the RAC and on a neutral court
How did we let it his happen. Plenty of folks on here earlier d fending the exposure angle but we're getting plenty winning at home and being at the top of league.
This is like letting SHU off the hook last year.
Who's caving in these things? Man up Rutgers for God's sake.

Reactions: ru66
Either of two reasons:

1. RU feels like they have to bend over and do whatever the B1G tells them to do

Or

2. RU really thinks it’s important to maintain a live presence in NYC.

I’m going with 1.
I hate playing MSU there. Risk of losing 2 to them Is that much greater.

I disagree with this math because there are two home court advantages in the chain.

Purdue defeats MSU at MSU by 1 so Purdue ~= MSU + 4
RU beats Purdue at Purdue by 1 so RU ~= Purdue + 4
So RU ~= MSU + 8
But it's at MSU, so RU wins by 5.
I like your math better so let's go with that!

Reactions: fluoxetine
Inaugural Big Ten Super Saturday - 2016 - Michigan vs Penn State
We were all so jealous we didn’t get to be a part/weren’t invited and instead it was our bitter rivals.

Now we are complaining that we are even in it.
How times have changed

2016 - Michigan @ PSU
2017 - Wisconsin @ RU
2018 - OSU @ Minn
2019 - Illinois @ Maryland (worst attendance ever)
2020 - RU @ Michigan
2023 - MSU @ RU

If anyones been screwed, it’s Penn State and Maryland who gave up a home game and never got one back

Inaugural Big Ten Super Saturday - 2016 - Michigan vs Penn State
We were all so jealous we didn’t get to be a part/weren’t invited and instead it was our bitter rivals.

Now we are complaining that we are even in it.
How times have changed

2016 - Michigan @ PSU
2017 - Wisconsin @ RU
2018 - OSU @ Minn
2019 - Illinois @ Maryland (worst attendance ever)
2020 - RU @ Michigan
2023 - MSU @ RU

If anyones been screwed, it’s Penn State and Maryland who gave up a home game and never got one back
Yes times have changed and I frankly don't give a hoot about MD or that other school.

How did we let it his happen. Plenty of folks on here earlier d fending the exposure angle but we're getting plenty winning at home and being at the top of league.
This is like letting SHU off the hook last year.
Who's caving in these things? Man up Rutgers for God's sake.
You realize Michigan gave up it's home game in 2019 to play us there right? So it should be our turn to play a road game next time. If that doesn't happen then sure, we're getting screwed. But for now it evens out

Reactions: wheezer
You realize Michigan gave up it's home game in 2019 to play us there right? So it should be our turn to play a road game next time. If that doesn't happen then sure, we're getting screwed. But for now it evens out
We gonna do this dance again? There have been 6 games and 2 of those time Rutgers..who has perhaps the biggest home court advantage has given up a home game.
We're 1 /14th of the league (7%) but have given up 33% of the home games (whisky and MSU). I don't care what happens in 3 years.
When the rest of the league has to give up one home game to play elsewhere I'll call it even.
This league wouldn't even pay us our share.
And I'll ask yet again.. are they even paying us the lost revenue for losing the RAC?

Reactions: G- RUnit
We gonna do this dance again? There have been 6 games and 2 of those time Rutgers..who has perhaps the biggest home court advantage has given up a home game.
We're 1 /14th of the league (7%) but have given up 33% of the home games (whisky and MSU). I don't care what happens in 3 years.
When the rest of the league has to give up one home game to play elsewhere I'll call it even.
And I'll ask yet again.. are they even paying us the lost revenue for losing the RAC?
There are way worse things than playing 1 home game every 4 years or so at MSG.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Such a terrible call. How anyone watches that and says foul on MSU is beyond me.

B1G officiating is not biased against Rutgers (or anyone). It’s just really really incompetent.

Yup… gave OSU one against us and took one away against Minny. The latter could cost them a postseason.

There are way worse things than playing 1 home game every 4 years or so at MSG.

Seriously. Don’t know what people are complaining about. A game in the Mecca of basketball isn’t going to hurt us. Should still be a home game for us…ya know… since many live closer to MSG than the RAC and we can pack in twice as many fans.

We win that Wisconsin if it’s played at the RAC. Stinks! Indeed that was a Eddie Jordan’s best win’

Here’s the nice part about being good, silver linings and positive thinking all around.

I was rooting for MSU for 1st in the B1G, but right when they loss I immediately switched to thinking “that double bye just got more likely”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT