ADVERTISEMENT

Myles

He has a rep with the officials, and now anything close to a foul is called against him. Coach Pike might have to get T'd up a few times to set the record straight.
Bardo made this same point on the BTN broadcast. He said "I can't believe I'm saying this but......" just what you said.

He has a rep with the officials, and now anything close to a foul is called against him. Coach Pike might have to get T'd up a few times to set the record straight.

I think Pike has never gotten a Tech in his entire career as a head coach. Which is hard to believe.

We have no margin for error. We can't afford Pike getting T'ed up. If you watch him in person, trust me, he is definitely on the officials. He may be laid back in the press conference and interviews but he is intense and active during games.

We have no margin for error. We can't afford Pike getting T'ed up. If you watch him in person, trust me, he is definitely on the officials. He may be laid back in the press conference and interviews but he is intense and active during games.
I know he's on the ref, but he might have to be a little more demonstrative to drive home the point. I would go as far as to complain to the league office because it may cost Rutgers an important game later in the season.

I know he's on the ref, but he might have to be a little more demonstrative to drive home the point. I would go as far as to complain to the league office because it may cost Rutgers an important game later in the season.
I think pointing up at the video screen with an astonished face. and following the ref down the court telling him how he missed the call and then getting a make up call in the next possession is preferred to a technical.

---
seems like every game he gets a moving pick call, and an over aggressive position foul....

then the rest of the usual

Our guards need to be more patient when a screen is coming.

I want to see more high screens done with the intent on getting Myles the ball in the paint.

5 for 5 is a good FG% not sure if anyone is going to beat that.

Reactions: goru7
They do complain to the league office.

Reactions: SirScarlet
Glad to see a thread on Myles. I think that we all see his potential. I don't blame the refs. Myles is going to get better avoiding fouls, and it'll be pretty soon. When he's able to stay on the court, this team is really going to take a big step up. And the kid's only a soph!

I think pointing up at the video screen with an astonished face. and following the ref down the court telling him how he missed the call and then getting a make up call in the next possession is preferred to a technical.

Right but that was the most he engaged with the officials tonight. He normally works them pretty good but last night he was more reserved (although you could tell he was getting worked up).

Even Carino commented on the officials.

Something has to change. Whether it is Pike picking his spot to lose his mind and make a point, or us sending letters to the league detailing the ways we are getting hosed...we need to do something. Because the officials are screwing us regularly.

Winning a game is hard enough. All we are asking for is fair treatment. And I watch games and I got fans from various schools texting me that the refs are - once again - making horrible calls against us.

It is maddening.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
After is 4th was nervous we would lose him but he stayed in it. We need him on the floor. He is the most important piece to this team.

Myles has two years left. He is becoming a force when not in foul trouble. The trouble he got in tonight was 75% refs. It’s ridiculous.

almost lost in when he made both fts. Big time player.

Why even whistle a "moving pick" when it is border line and not leading directly to a drive or shot?

Glad to see a thread on Myles. I think that we all see his potential. I don't blame the refs. Myles is going to get better avoiding fouls, and it'll be pretty soon. When he's able to stay on the court, this team is really going to take a big step up. And the kid's only a soph!

Hard to avoid a foul when a smaller player submarines you as you're going for a rebound, and it gets called on you. Also hard when you get set for a screen and get knocked off your feet, and it gets called on you.

Johnson has committed a lot of fouls this year that have given him a bad rep, so that when it's a judgement call, it's been going against him. Need to change perception - because a couple of bogus fouls last night just get lost in the narrative of "this guy fouls a lot".

Zap, WBGO was talking about Lindsey this morning and how much they liked her. They said she was your dad's granddaughter. Is she your daughter? If this is too personal and I'm over the line, let me know.

Zap, WBGO was talking about Lindsey this morning and how much they liked her. They said she was your dad's granddaughter. Is she your daughter? If this is too personal and I'm over the line, let me know.
Of course not Ray, thanks you for asking about her...I’m going to text her immediately and tell her someone on the RU fan site was asking about you :)
Lindsey is great, she is the daughter of my oldest brother Larry.

FYI...Larry is the nice, non argumentative brother!
He’s 70 years old as of Dec 8th and plays 150 softball games a year.

Of course not Ray, thanks you for asking about her...I’m going to text her immediately and tell her someone on the RU fan site was asking about you :)
Lindsey is great, she is the daughter of my oldest brother Larry.

FYI...Larry is the nice, non argumentative brother!
He’s 70 years old as of Dec 8th and plays 150 softball games a year.

And he plays catcher. Saw him this past summer.

Saw Lindsey interviewed on TV maybe a month or two ago. You should be proud.

Reactions: zappaa
Why even whistle a "moving pick" when it is border line and not leading directly to a drive or shot?
It’s not a moving pick. Your feet are supposed to be at shoulder length apart. In other words , not sticking your feet out wide to create a wider lane for someone to go around. That’s the issue not that he’s moving and it’s been a point of emphasis which no fans are aware of. It also seems like an extremely hard thing to enforce correctly.

It’s not a moving pick. Your feet are supposed to be at shoulder length apart. In other words , not sticking your feet out wide to create a wider lane for someone to go around. That’s the issue not that he’s moving and it’s been a point of emphasis which no fans are aware of. It also seems like an extremely hard thing to enforce correctly.

It was a point of emphasis a few years back, and has gone largely ignored by refs since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT