ADVERTISEMENT

NBA draft

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
i noticed Naz Reid went undrafted. Did scouts see something health wise. Did not see that coming. Some other undrafted names I saw, Shamorie Ponds and Louis King

Reid signed with Minnesota. Tacko Fall, who the Knicks looked at, was undrafted. 7'7, was 11 and 8 the last couple of years. Guy that size is a huge injury risk and he missed half his junior year. Maybe the Knicks will sign him for the summer league. He was hoping they would draft him.
TL

NBA only has 2 rounds for the draft so it is basically only 64 players drafted, including European players. Basically players are only drafted if they are good enough to make the team vs. assigned to the D league.

If they went back to 5 rounds you would see a lot more good talent drafted.

I saw and spoke to Chris after one of our Court Club meetings a few years ago. He is a very nice guy. I saw him a couple years ago when I was at Rahway High School. He was still teaching phys ed at that time. I will never forget his jumper at the buzzer to defeat Notre Dame at the Meadowlands. I also still have the article with a picture of him signing with RU when he was a senior at Watchung Hills. Does he still belong to the Court Club?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT