ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA National Title Game Thread

They have a near flawless roster, and play smart, focused, and disciplined basketball. They'll be a force under Hurley

Very painful to repeat this but UCONN is deep and very very well coached. Would have won this tournament no matter who they played. They are just deeper then any team in the country this year. Question: Please explain how they do it??
3 returning players in their rotation.
They were ok parting ways with guys

They have a near flawless roster, and play smart, focused, and disciplined basketball. They'll be a force under Hurley
And they started the season with Samson Johnson who started the first game and the got hurt

Dislike UConn for obvious reasons.
Their offense in the half court incredible.
They will be good for sometime.
Now that Nance is retiring hopefully they retire the 1940’s hit One Shinning moment 🙏

Reactions: RUDead
Very painful to repeat this but UCONN is deep and very very well coached. Would have won this tournament no matter who they played. They are just deeper then any team in the country this year. Question: Please explain how they do it??
They are in the north east...they take advantage of other north east programs not being as "organized" I guess. Syracuse as well but has fallen off in recent years. I guess boehiem was aging and it's relatively far from NYC/Jersey/philly compared to uconn. But if you're from the north east and want to play close to home with a chance to win. UConn was pretty much your best option. They will have more competition now with Rutgers making noise, you know st. John's will be back with Pitino, maybe Maryland will become formidable again as well. But for a while UConn was the most legit program for north east players if they didn't want to go to far.

Reactions: noeynox
UConn athletics is simply on another level from Rutgers athletics - in their decision making & knowing how to win with fewer resources.

Even their football program is about the same level as ours, if you look at most of the post season rankings.

They have smarter management and coaches, and know how to hire with intention. Unlike Rutgers, who hires & worships hacks like Schiano.

Now that Nance is retiring hopefully they retire the 1940’s hit One Shinning moment 🙏

That song is like nails on the chalkboard to me.

Reactions: socaldave
Anti-climatic end to a fun tournament, barely stayed awake during that. UConn just way too good

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
They are in the north east...they take advantage of other north east programs not being as "organized" I guess. Syracuse as well but has fallen off in recent years. I guess boehiem was aging and it's relatively far from NYC/Jersey/philly compared to uconn. But if you're from the north east and want to play close to home with a chance to win. UConn was pretty much your best option. They will have more competition now with Rutgers making noise, you know st. John's will be back with Pitino, maybe Maryland will become formidable again as well. But for a while UConn was the most legit program for north east players if they didn't want to go to far.
Bro the literally have kids from all around the country, location literally nothing to do with it

UConn athletics is simply on another level from Rutgers athletics - in their decision making & knowing how to win with fewer resources.

Even their football program is about the same level as ours, if you look at most of the post season rankings.

They have smarter management and coaches, and know how to hire with intention. Unlike Rutgers, who hires & worships hacks like Schiano.
Jeez lol enjoy the game man..how did we get here? RU athletics is headed in the right direction and will begin earning even more money for the university. Lets end this negative trolling of RU athletics...

Greatest Mickey Mouse championship in sports history if UConn wins this. Played absolutely horrible teams in 6 straight games. Just unreal luck and blessed by the basketball gods and for what
6 absolutely horrible teams? Lol wtf are you talking about?

Absolutely horrible teams don't make the NCAA tournament. They certainly don't advance far in the tournament

How many of the 68 teams are absolutely horrible? It's 6 minimum apparently

How do they do it? Great tradition, brilliant coaching, stellar recruiting, plus a great fanbase in a state where everyone loves their state university.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUJMM78
They'll be good for some time for sure, winning does that. BE is going to get even better and Hurley has recruited well.
If you watched them last year, they played nothing like this. They were tough to watch.
In their 9 man rotation, they have 6 new players, 2 freshmen and 4 transfers.
Newton, Alleyne, Diarra and Joey C are the transfers - can Hurley coach guys to play like them or can he be that successful in the portal every year.?
Only Joey C is out of eligibility - they have 5 FR coming in
Hawkins is a first round pick, Sanogo leaves for sure - prob a couple bench players and maybe 1-2 of the guys who transferred in graduate and transfer

So who do we consider blue bloods?

UCLA
Kansas
Duke
Kentucky
UNC

Next level you have

UCONN
Indiana
Villanova
Michigan State
Cuse
Arizona

That’s my guess off the top of my head.
Gonzaga has been a elite basketball program for the last decade.

Watching SDST is like watching our offense. Unwatchable unless you root for the team and love them
SDST runs a far better half court offense than Rutgers but UConn defense stifled drives to the basket which is a major reason why they easily won a National Championship.

Greatest Mickey Mouse championship in sports history if UConn wins this. Played absolutely horrible teams in 6 straight games. Just unreal luck and blessed by the basketball gods and for what
They were the best team in an average tournament. Still counts though. 🤷‍♂️

So who do we consider blue bloods?

UCLA
Kansas
Duke
Kentucky
UNC

Next level you have

UCONN
Indiana
Villanova
Michigan State
Cuse
Arizona

That’s my guess off the top of my head.
Yep that sounds right. UConn is Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack...a lot to show for things but not a blue blood because they still are new money overall.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Record low tv viewers. Start time could have had impact. I know I didn’t stay up to watch.

Bro the literally have kids from all around the country, location literally nothing to do with it
I mean...sanogo is from st. Patrick's, Hawkins from dematha. That's 2 of the top north east highschool programs. I'm not sure if he's still there but they got Corey floyd out of jersey recently as well..they recruit the north east and well..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT