ADVERTISEMENT

NEW: SCILS Top 10 'Realistic' Coaching Candidates

SCILS02

Junior
Jul 18, 2012
As of 10/20. Updated with movement from my prior list last week. No need for Ventura's coaching search services when I give RU this list for free.

Ranked in order of my preference of 'realistic' candidates:

1) Campbell
2) Norvell
3) Clawson
4) Schiano
5) Jones
6) Harsin
7) Heupel
8) Narduzzi
9) Littrell
10) Candle

NO thanks - stay far away from these guys unless you want Ash 2.0: Leipold, Surace, Moorhead and Fritz.

Wild card candidates worth a call: Bielema, Golden, Monken

We could only wish: Fleck (would have definitely been realistic if he wasn't supposedly completely shunned by RU during the previous Ash process)

Last edited:
Saw this answer in the Athletic regarding NFL coaches and Dan Quinn is a name that has been mentioned here before even when he was at UF.

From the article:

I’d like to flip Spencer’s question, though. I think there’s a name on his list that could be very interesting. If Quinn gets fired in Atlanta, I think a Power 5 school with a job opening should consider him very seriously. Quinn’s personality is such that he can get along with players of any age group, and it makes him a natural recruiter. In the brief time he spent at Florida with Will Muschamp at the start of this decade, Quinn was excellent at identifying, recruiting and developing future first-rounders on defense. Quinn was at Florida for all of the 2012 recruiting cycle and most of the 2013 recruiting cycle, and the Gators brought in some serious defensive talent in those classes. Those classes included future first-rounders Dante Fowler, Keanu Neal, Vernon Hargreaves and Jarrad Davis and future second-rounder Marcus Maye. Quinn also helped bring along first-rounders Sharrif Floyd, Dominique Easley and Matt Elam, who signed with the Gators in 2010.

Quinn would be able to do this running a program, and he has a large network of college and pro assistants — because everyone loves the guy — who would be willing to come work with him. Quinn might actually be better suited to coach in college than in the NFL, and he made it to a Super Bowl as an NFL coach. So don’t be shocked if he gets a lot of interest from the college ranks if things go south in Atlanta.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Saw this answer in the Athletic regarding NFL coaches and Dan Quinn is a name that has been mentioned here before even when he was at UF.

From the article:

I’d like to flip Spencer’s question, though. I think there’s a name on his list that could be very interesting. If Quinn gets fired in Atlanta, I think a Power 5 school with a job opening should consider him very seriously. Quinn’s personality is such that he can get along with players of any age group, and it makes him a natural recruiter. In the brief time he spent at Florida with Will Muschamp at the start of this decade, Quinn was excellent at identifying, recruiting and developing future first-rounders on defense. Quinn was at Florida for all of the 2012 recruiting cycle and most of the 2013 recruiting cycle, and the Gators brought in some serious defensive talent in those classes. Those classes included future first-rounders Dante Fowler, Keanu Neal, Vernon Hargreaves and Jarrad Davis and future second-rounder Marcus Maye. Quinn also helped bring along first-rounders Sharrif Floyd, Dominique Easley and Matt Elam, who signed with the Gators in 2010.

Quinn would be able to do this running a program, and he has a large network of college and pro assistants — because everyone loves the guy — who would be willing to come work with him. Quinn might actually be better suited to coach in college than in the NFL, and he made it to a Super Bowl as an NFL coach. So don’t be shocked if he gets a lot of interest from the college ranks if things go south in Atlanta.

I like it. NJ guy, coached at my alma mater, and everything I've read said he's extremely bright and hard working.

That Dan Quinn name does sound intriguing, esp if the Falcons fire him midseason. He will be available and is from Morristown, NJ. He brings instead cred winning a SB. His Falcons staff has a couple NJ coaches in Dave Brock, RB coach, Moorestown, NJ, former Rutgers OC, Raheem Morris, WR coach and ex-HC of TB Bucs, and Irvington, NJ., Bring in Anthony Campanile for DC and recruiting. I'm sure he could fill out a bunch of Jersey guys to fill out the staff. Top 3 could be Harsin, Norvell and now Dan Quinn, then I'll take Schiano.

Reactions: SCILS02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT