ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano Status

Would certainly be the shock at NCAAs this year. I do however feel he can AA. I'm hoping so anyway. Also, I'm pulling for a strong Rutgers program and the more east coast teams that could somehow pull ahead of Iowa the better. I've never hidden the fact that I dislike Iowa and many of their fans that act as if only their fanbase knows anything about the sport. You'd think they'd realize there's a reason their coach has finally learned it's smarter to recruit our boys before their own in Iowa. They live in the past. Iowa can no longer compare to the product we are putting out at our high schools here in the east.. Unfortunately for them, I think their college programs started to suffer because of it...

Swing and a miss. You hid it pretty good when you were posting on HR:

"Im also a fan of a rival team (PSU) but I have a much different take on Brands and the teams performance so far this year. At the start, I had Ohio State as the definitive favorite to win the Big's followed by Minnesota. I had Iowa a distant third. For the Hawkeye's to put together an impressive dual meet season and then split the big ten team title with OSU, I'd personally give props to the Brands brothers. And since I'm at it, I'll also admit I'm probably one of the few non hawk fans who likes how Tom Brands operates. And I won't even mention the passion he shows for the sport and his university. I'd let my own son wrestle for him any day."--Johnstownsteel

Sorry Rutgers guys...couldn't let this one go. Congrats on Suriano.

Swing and a miss. You hid it pretty good when you were posting on HR:

"Im also a fan of a rival team (PSU) but I have a much different take on Brands and the teams performance so far this year. At the start, I had Ohio State as the definitive favorite to win the Big's followed by Minnesota. I had Iowa a distant third. For the Hawkeye's to put together an impressive dual meet season and then split the big ten team title with OSU, I'd personally give props to the Brands brothers. And since I'm at it, I'll also admit I'm probably one of the few non hawk fans who likes how Tom Brands operates. And I won't even mention the passion he shows for the sport and his university. I'd let my own son wrestle for him any day."--Johnstownsteel

Sorry Rutgers guys...couldn't let this one go. Congrats on Suriano.
Not sure what you're saying here???? Are you disputing my dislike for Iowa which by the way stems mostly from the attitude of you and the rest of the Hawkeye fans. As for the Brands brothers, I stand by my take on them. They are great coaches and wouldn't have a problem at all if my son wrestled for them. Don't get me wrong, I've felt what many many many of your fellow Hawks fans felt in that they needed to recruit more heavily outside of Iowa...specifically in PA and the rest of the east. So really...not sure what your gripe is Chief. Btw, I think the Brands did just that because it seems they went looking for PA boys to bring their program back to prominence. Without Lee, Kem and Young there now they'd be in a world of hurt.

Btw, how's that search going? Find a post where I ever said Suriano would win multiple titles yet? I love the fact that you jumped from HR to BWI and now to a third board looking for one. That shit cracks me up!!

ADVERTISEMENT