ADVERTISEMENT

NIL numbers

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Paul's was way higher than Cam. And loads of tampering going on as we speak with Rutgers players and 3 Ivy players I know of, especially from some SEC coaches and another coach who I am still trying to confirm and who is relatively local.

Fascinated to know which players on our roster other high-major coaches actually want. Jeremiah, okay. Cliff? Sure. Anyone else? See ya.

the amounts paid should all be public and transparent for everyone to see. Only fair right
These are private citizens conducting private business deals. No way to single them out from every other citizen using the law and force them to disclose their personal private dealings. The only way to have transparency like that would be if there were a player's union.

Since no player is under contract can it really be called tampering.

Would I be violating any rule or law if I reached out to a player and said if you market my product as a member of the Rutgers basketball team I will pay you $1,000,000 next year?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
These are private citizens conducting private business deals. No way to single them out from every other citizen using the law and force them to disclose their personal private dealings. The only way to have transparency like that would be if there were a player's union.
arent coaches salaries public..why is this any different...arent taxpayers funding these sports even if they are not funding the NILs...if we are paying players we have a right to now...even NIL supporters should know

are nfl and mlb and nhl and nba contracts public

all major schools should not be playing in the NIT....the minute the season ends coaches need to start recruiting.
i can agree with this...especially since we had guys like Cliff who were allowed to take the nit game off basically.

imagine a team with elite defense and then coach just lets his team play at a run and gun pace because his team wasnt going to be committed to put in the effort in a nit game

I can tell you in the lacrosse world industrious alums are contacting players from other teams trying to get them to transfer. Some of our guys have been contacted directly and Ivy kids are getting ton of it because they have to play somewhere else if they want to play a fifth year given Ivy rules.

If that's happening in the lacrosse world it's probably happening in the basketball world on steroids. If I was a coach I'd look at other rosters and set the dogs loose on the guys I wanted. It's the way of the world now.

arent coaches salaries public..why is this any different...arent taxpayers funding these sports even if they are not funding the NILs...if we are paying players we have a right to now...even NIL supporters should know

Coaching salaries from public universities are public, not from private ones. NIL isn't paid by the school. It'd be like asking you to publish your customer list and how much you charge each.

Coaches salaries are contracts with public institutions.
What is HC Browns contract with Syracuse? Isn’t that not public because SU doesn’t have to disclose it?

Rutgers University isn’t paying anyone so their is no “taxpayer money” involved.

If NIL supporters want to know where their money is going - direct that to Knights Of The Raritan leadership.

Should Fanatics disclose the terms of their private contract with Dylan Harper?

Coaches salaries are contracts with public institutions.
What is HC Browns contract with Syracuse? Isn’t that not public because SU doesn’t have to disclose it?

Rutgers University isn’t paying anyone so their is no “taxpayer money” involved.

If NIL supporters want to know where their money is going - direct that to Knights Of The Raritan leadership.

Should Fanatics disclose the terms of their private contract with Dylan Harper?
Rutgers is using taxpayer money to pay for tuition

lets cut the charade, its professional sports now

I can tell you in the lacrosse world industrious alums are contacting players from other teams trying to get them to transfer. Some of our guys have been contacted directly and Ivy kids are getting ton of it because they have to play somewhere else if they want to play a fifth year given Ivy rules.

If that's happening in the lacrosse world it's probably happening in the basketball world on steroids. If I was a coach I'd look at other rosters and set the dogs loose on the guys I wanted. It's the way of the world now.
I keep hearing about this...do you mean playing for 5 years or playing a 4th year in their 5th year of school.

I know an Ivy league athlete who is playing this year while getting his masters. It is his 4th year and he has been at school for 5

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Covid allows for an extra year. Ivy League isn't respecting this allowance. A number of kids gamed the system and took time off during Covid to assure more eligibility.

It definitely gets complicated in those cases. That player at Yale, Brandau, is like 24 or 25 because of it.

For ease of understanding, a number of the Ivy kids graduated from their schools and can't play their fifth year at the school they were at so they have to transfer if they want to play another year. Almost all who can, do. They can get a one year Masters.

We've had guys from Harvard, Yale and UPenn because of it. Would love to get CJ Kirst who has a brother coming to RU next fall but my understanding is he's staying at Cornell. He was one of those guys that disenrolled from school to preserve eligibility.

Most programs want to see every player get something. I'd be shocked if every basketball player at RU isn't getting some NIL money. Some more than others.

At a minimum they are getting Alston fund money.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Most programs want to see every player get something. I'd be shocked if every basketball player at RU isn't getting some NIL money. Some more than others.
True, like the preloaded portfolio from Prudential. But not sure if some guys would have enough to cover tuition. You'd have some of these guys getting student loans. The school wouldn't be offering the players anything at that point. They might as well fill out a fafsa and go to school while playing in overtime elite or something lol..

They might have to put something together for Jeremiah Williams. He's crucial, mag I love what he brings to the team. When he's fully healthy and himself he changes the game, and he's improving as an offensive player. But the way he gets injured it's risky if funds are limited. Hurts to let him go but......hold on he's an overseas player, mag and cliff can't receive nil right? Or do I have that wrong?

I think there is an assumption schools are initiating tampering way more than they are, when in fact a simple majority of the time players are the ones putting the word out first.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Covid allows for an extra year. Ivy League isn't respecting this allowance. A number of kids gamed the system and took time off during Covid to assure more eligibility.

It definitely gets complicated in those cases. That player at Yale, Brandau, is like 24 or 25 because of it.

For ease of understanding, a number of the Ivy kids graduated from their schools and can't play their fifth year at the school they were at so they have to transfer if they want to play another year. Almost all who can, do. They can get a one year Masters.

We've had guys from Harvard, Yale and UPenn because of it. Would love to get CJ Kirst who has a brother coming to RU next fall but my understanding is he's staying at Cornell. He was one of those guys that disenrolled from school to preserve eligibility.
Interesting well the athlete I know is in his z5th year at the school and is playing his 4th and is getting his masters

Greg Schiano's public salary is disclosed because it specifically is government money funding the salary. But his private financial records, his health records, his bank accounts, aren't public. Taxpayers pay Schinao's salary, and the salaries of every cop, teacher, fireman, etc. The public doesn't have a right to know anything about these people other than what their publicly funded salaries are.

In theory the NIL money is still completely separate from the schools themselves. We know in practice that this separation is a confusing gray area (subject for another day). But as a legal matter, there is nothing the schools, nor anyone else, can do to compel anyone to release this data.

Interesting well the athlete I know is in his z5th year at the school and is playing his 4th and is getting his masters

At an Ivy?

The only way that would be possible is if he disenrolled during Covid preserving a year of eligibility. The Ivy doesn't allow redshirts nor the Covid fifth year, which is why you we see so many of those guys playing for other teams for their fifth year.

At an Ivy?

The only way that would be possible is if he disenrolled during Covid preserving a year of eligibility. The Ivy doesn't allow redshirts nor the Covid fifth year, which is why you we see so many of those guys playing for other teams for their fifth year.
Yes. The program was cut and reinstated so that might have been the reason.

They might have to put something together for Jeremiah Williams. He's crucial, mag I love what he brings to the team. When he's fully healthy and himself he changes the game, and he's improving as an offensive player. But the way he gets injured it's risky if funds are limited. Hurts to let him go but......hold on he's an overseas player, mag and cliff can't receive nil right? Or do I have that wrong?
agree. J will > Mag

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT