ADVERTISEMENT

NIT

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012
Cincy beat Hofstra and Utah Valley beat Colorado, so our bracket final is Cincy and Utah Valley. Imagine hosting Utah Valley to get to NIT final four….

other 3 brackets finals OK St/Wisconsin UAB/Vanderbilt and Oregon/North Texas

From what I've seen of Utah Valley, they are quite good. I thought from seeing bracket, I could picture them in F4.

They broke down in WAC semis or coulda been in NCAAs

Cincy beat Hofstra and Utah Valley beat Colorado, so our bracket final is Cincy and Utah Valley. Imagine hosting Utah Valley to get to NIT final four….

other 3 brackets finals OK St/Wisconsin UAB/Vanderbilt and Oregon/North Texas
Or imagine losing to Utah Valley to not make the NIT Final 4.....:)...just think how that board meltdown would have been...lol

People need to upgrade their respect for mid /low majors etc as some / many of these teams can play and many possess very talented players as we see year after year in the NCAA's etc.

If you notice, many of the transfer portal players come from the so called mid / low majors year after year.

We have Cam Spencer / we're seeking others from a mid major and how would Sparty be without Tyson Walker etc. Lot of talent in those conferences, folks

Or imagine losing to Utah Valley to not make the NIT Final 4.....:)...just think how that board meltdown would have been...lol

People need to upgrade their respect for mid /low majors etc as some / many of these teams can play and many possess very talented players as we see year after year in the NCAA's etc.

If you notice, many of the transfer portal players come from the so called mid / low majors year after year.

We have Cam Spencer / we're seeking others from a mid major and how would Sparty be without Tyson Walker etc. Lot of talent in those conferences, folks
It was reported this weekend that FDU coach Tobin Anderson brought three players with him from D2 to FDU.

It was reported this weekend that FDU coach Tobin Anderson brought three players with him from D2 to FDU.
i was watching one of the NCAA tournament Penn State games and they said that Pickett was a transfer from Siena and Funk was a transfer from Bucknell. That was the game where Funk made 8-10 three pointers. There certainly are some good MBB players in the non-Power 6 conferences.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Lost in the Saturday early afternoon window was Michigan losing at Vanderbilt.....they played the game without Bufkin and Jett Howard BUT held an 8 point lead with just about 50 seconds or so and had 3 turnovers in that final minute to lose the game.

Very strange situation where Howard and Michigan lost some games they shouldn't have, had a rash of important injuries and probably has recruited the most overall talent (in terms of rankings), only to have this season happen.

It is tough to win with freshman, so it's expected. But at some point, if those players don't stay more than 2 seasons, it's hard to see how you can really win at a high level.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Vandy or OK State will win this tournament

They are the type of teams that win the NIT. Vandy hasn’t been on the NCAA tournament in 5 years. Ok State was banned from post season play last year. They really appreciate the opportunity to keep playing. Now if Wisconsin wins it’ll break my narrative but I don’t see that happening.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
They are the type of teams that win the NIT. Vandy hasn’t been on the NCAA tournament in 5 years. Ok State was banned from post season play last year. They really appreciate the opportunity to keep playing. Now if Wisconsin wins it’ll break my narrative but I don’t see that happening.
Exactly. Rutgers was the epitome of the type of team set up to crash and burn in an NIT. Projected in the tournament by over 95% of bracketologists. Was any other team in the NIT field projected in more than 50% of brackets? Perspective is needed on this point. It’s really difficult to get up and play well in the situation Rutgers was in.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT