ADVERTISEMENT

NJ & PA State Tournaments Thread

I feel like for as good as PA is at wrestling, there’s so many different groups that you don’t get a ton of elite vs elite matchups. There’s no reason for an individual sport to not crown one champ.
That is just plain stupid, there are two classes and the AAA class is very deep and many occasions will see nationally ranked guys. The AA not as deep but quality. I would AAA class is deeper than NJ single class. One of my favorite brackets was the 2012 106 AAA bracket which featured Ethan Lizak, Mike Kemmerer, Don Forys, Scott Parker, Vincenzo Joseph. Some of those names will be familiar to college wrestling fans
Oh I forgot last year in the semis Tyler kayak vs Pierson Manville was a good one

Brandt Harer shuts out Mason Gibson 5-0 and advances to the finals. He is very good defensively and dangerous off of the counters. Hopefully we can land him as well.

Conner Harer wins 5-4 and advances to the finals, going for his 3rd state title.

Just like his brother he is very good defensively and very patient. Didn’t love his approach as he was very defensive most of the match after getting the opening takedown within 15 seconds. Didn’t panic after he gave up a reversal and got one right back. Could have potentially gotten a 2nd stall call in the 3rd so I wish he was more on the attack and but dude knows how to win so not going to question his approach.

Harer had a close one in that semi! Mccort kid, probably is tough.
The PA guys for Rutgers are friggin gangbusters going crazy over there. Looks like a fruitful class.
Thank you Steve Mytych!
Hopefully we are recruiting at Mccort.. idk if that school is public/private but it has some crazy talent on it.. Bo Basset, Jax Forrest, Melvin pretty good too…

Hopefully we are recruiting at Mccort.. idk if that school is public/private but it has some crazy talent on it.. Bo Basset, Jax Forrest, Melvin pretty good too…
It a Catholic school with a very shady wrestling program. Bo Bassett dad got a two year ban from coaching at any PIAA school. He brought in 18 transfers his first year and tried to claim they were academically motivated. Like it just a coincidence that a top wrestler from North Carolina (Forrest) and one from Tennessee just happen to move in one of the crummiest run down towns to go to a mediocre catholic school.

It a Catholic school with a very shady wrestling program. Bo Bassett dad got a two year ban from coaching at any PIAA school. He brought in 18 transfers his first year and tried to claim they were academically motivated. Like it just a coincidence that a top wrestler from North Carolina (Forrest) and one from Tennessee just happen to move in one of the crummiest run down towns to go to a mediocre catholic school.
Is that what happened? Jeesh

Reactions: PSU_Nut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT