ADVERTISEMENT

NJ & PA State Tournaments Thread

Haha it's a bummer, but we're getting some awesome kids over the next two years. Still need a heavyweight though.

The 4 guys who made it to NJ semis are all studs; they just didn't win it. Chapman probably had one of the most impressive rides to the finals other than Knox and Luddington. He'll be better.
I like our guys but Knox, Burton, and Ludington would have been incredible additions as they are elite talents. Rest above are very good but not next level. I think Chapman continues to close the gap on Peretin. Maybe Cerchio will give us a look but doubt it since its Delby. Amato looks like the next big thing. Overall great tournament and congrats to everyone especially the winners and placers! And not to forget the Girls who also put it on the line out there. Would be nice if we added a Womens program.

Most impressive accomplishment if you ask me - the Delran kid Roskos that took out Gabe Logan and I think lost in UTB in the semis is going to Bucknell to play soccer and is apparently one of the best players in NJ.
Is Bucknell a soccer powerhouse?

I like our guys but Knox, Burton, and Ludington would have been incredible additions as they are elite talents. Rest above are very good but not next level. I think Chapman continues to close the gap on Peretin. Maybe Cerchio will give us a look but doubt it since its Delby. Amato looks like the next big thing. Overall great tournament and congrats to everyone especially the winners and placers! And not to forget the Girls who also put it on the line out there. Would be nice if we added a Womens program.
Besides Knox, I don’t think anyone here is a lock to AA… d1 is just a diff animal…

Reactions: njsportsphan
Is Kyonte Hamilton just done now?
I don't know what's up with him. He didn't get much football action this past year. Could of been hurt though, unless he lost his spot. Covid hit him and a few others. They weren't as into wrestling or in wrestling shape afterwards

I don't know what's up with him. He didn't get much football action this past year. Could have been hurt though, unless he lost his spot. Covid hit him and a few others. They weren't as into wrestling or in wrestling shape afterwards
Not sure I would say Hamilton did not play much this season. He had some bumps and bruises but overall he gave us steady play upfront. Remember our rotation contained more than 10 guys most games.Played hurt several games for sure.

Not sure I would say Hamilton did not play much this season. He had some bumps and bruises but overall he gave us steady play upfront. Remember our rotation contained more than 10 guys most games.Played hurt several games for sure.
His numbers were def down. I don't watch all their games. Didn't hear his name much.

His numbers were def down. I don't watch all their games. Didn't hear his name much.
See that’s the problem with talking about teams and players… you have to actually watch , listen or maybe go to the games. Guys also do have seasons where stats are down .

• Haha
See that’s the problem with talking about teams and players… you have to actually watch , listen or maybe go to the games. Guys also do have seasons where stats are down .
I don't have to watch every play or game to know who's out there making plays every down. He just wasn't. Def had a down year. That said, I watched enough (all the Big10s and the bowl game).

Last edited:
So you watched 9 games in total… do you know his Jersey number? Now don’t look it up most don’t know players numbers unless they have reason to. He had some physical issues during the season and as said had downside season.

So you watched 9 games in total… do you know his Jersey number? Now don’t look it up most don’t know players numbers unless they have reason to. He had some physical issues during the season and as said had downside season.
#48. The only dlinemen that I know with that number. One doesn't have to be a die hard Rutgers football fan to understand the game of football. I played it my whole life.

And you basically just stated what I originally implied (that he was hurt and had a down year), so get off your high horse!

Cerchio signed with Cornell. I honestly don't see us landing any Delbarton kids anytime soon, if ever. I'd probably not even waste time recruiting there (silly, I know, and we obviously won't and can't stop recruiting there, even for perception), because they will always pick Cornell and the Grey connection over us.

#48. The only dlinemen that I know with that number. One doesn't have to be a die hard Rutgers football fan to understand the game of football. I played it my whole life.

And you basically just stated what I originally implied (that he was hurt and had a down year), so get off your high horse!
Go on you looked that up… unless he’s a friend or family member why Hamilton ? Since we have others who are and were more in the D limelight than Hamilton…Lewis,Toure,Powell… trust me I’m not on “ a high horse.” I just know Rutgers football pretty well… actually know Rutgers quite well.

Go on you looked that up… unless he’s a friend or family member why Hamilton ? Since we have others who are and were more in the D limelight than Hamilton…Lewis,Toure,Powell… trust me I’m not on “ a high horse.” I just know Rutgers football pretty well… actually know Rutgers quite well.
That's great. Maybe you should talk about football on the other forum.

Most impressive accomplishment if you ask me - the Delran kid Roskos that took out Gabe Logan and I think lost in UTB in the semis is going to Bucknell to play soccer and is apparently one of the best players in NJ.
didn’t realize until today that gabe is the son of 3x state champ Damian Logan , really made me feel my age

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
didn’t realize until today that gabe is the son of 3x state champ Damian Logan , really made me feel my age
If you’re judging by state tourney results, Gabe was the 3rd best freshman on the team as sontz and de George won state titles as freshman

If you’re judging by state tourney results, Gabe was the 3rd best freshman on the team as sontz and de George won state titles as freshman
Sontz is the real deal , he could very well be a 4xer been watching him for years , I found it more suprising that Logan is at delbarton when his dad is a st joes legend , either way sucks for Morris county but it’ll be fun watching these guys the next 3 years

That's great. Maybe you should talk about football on the other forum.
Maybe you should learn from being dense… nobody was disagreeing about Hamilton’s down year by some… we said he was injured off and on during 2023… Do yourself a favor don’t preach to us about what you perceive to be an issue… Fact is he probably won’t wrestle here even post football. FWIW: I believe you began the thread…

• Haha
  • Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
150 was WAY HARDER than 106 or 126. Gabe and Amato the two best freshman in the state. The semi between Sontz/Colluccio was basically the state final and Colluccio wrestled terrible. Gabe beat the SJR state champ at team states but ran into a determined Roskos that pulled off what was probably the upset of the tournament - twice! Amato could be a 4X champ unless NJ sends him back to PA.

Reactions: Leonard23
It’s a random draw? What on earth is the point of that
It’s semantics as they only seed a few people, not the entire bracket which is stupid. The region winners are matched up lowest qualifiers (4/5/6s) and the 2/3s are matched up in the opening rounds. All of our recruits are essentially the top seeds in their brackets though.

150 was WAY HARDER than 106 or 126. Gabe and Amato the two best freshman in the state. The semi between Sontz/Colluccio was basically the state final and Colluccio wrestled terrible. Gabe beat the SJR state champ at team states but ran into a determined Roskos that pulled off what was probably the upset of the tournament - twice! Amato could be a 4X champ unless NJ sends him back to PA.
Hard to be a 4x state champ. Thought the same thing about Ludington as a freshman and he lost in the finals as a sophomore. Would love to see it though. Knox is a sure thing to be that, will be the 5th time ever.

Gotta see what Amato grows to. There’s a lot of good NJ wrestlers in the 165-190 range every year.

Hard to be a 4x state champ. Thought the same thing about Ludington as a freshman and he lost in the finals as a sophomore. Would love to see it though. Knox is a sure thing to be that, will be the 5th time ever.

Gotta see what Amato grows to. There’s a lot of good NJ wrestlers in the 165-190 range every year.
knox looks like a lock but you never know with nj wrestling , Kenny could hit a growth spurt and jump another level or 2 , kids move from all over the country to wrestle here , or you could get a Desanto spencer lee situation where one kid is on a vision quest and the other could be in coast mode thinking about college already , crazy amount of talent nowadays

knox looks like a lock but you never know with nj wrestling , Kenny could hit a growth spurt and jump another level or 2 , kids move from all over the country to wrestle here , or you could get a Desanto spencer lee situation where one kid is on a vision quest and the other could be in coast mode thinking about college already , crazy amount of talent nowadays
Knox is the best wrestler to come through NJ since Suriano. There’s no one making a jump to his level in one year. Only thing that stops him from 4x is if something health related happens.

Knox is the best wrestler to come through NJ since Suriano. There’s no one making a jump to his level in one year. Only thing that stops him from 4x is if something health related happens.
Agree…Knox is at the Bassett, DeLuca, Desmond level…I put Ludington in that category too notwithstanding the loss to Simon Ruiz.

Reactions: Psufan2427
Agree…Knox is at the Bassett, DeLuca, Desmond level…I put Ludington in that category too notwithstanding the loss to Simon Ruiz.
While I agree he is on that level , but basset and Jax Forrest have lost this season so anyone can lose , I wouldn’t bet on him losing in NJ but I’ve been a fan too long to say he’s a definitely a lock

While I agree he is on that level , but basset and Jax Forrest have lost this season so anyone can lose , I wouldn’t bet on him losing in NJ but I’ve been a fan too long to say he’s a definitely a lock
Basset and Jax on a level where they could AA this year as high schoolers..

Smith (114 - AA) wins by fall in the 2nd
Conner Harer (160 - AA) wins by TF (25-10) in the 2nd. He got 12 takedowns lol
Brandt Harer (133 - AA) wins by TF (16-1) in the 2nd
Any nationally ranked guys in their brackets?

I'm not too sure as I'm not as familiar with PA overall but can try to take a look later if/when I have some time.
I feel like for as good as PA is at wrestling, there’s so many different groups that you don’t get a ton of elite vs elite matchups. There’s no reason for an individual sport to not crown one champ.

Reactions: KidDagger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT